Hi, A year ago I found out that when it rain heavily for a day or two, my passenger side carpet get soaked in water and if you put a peace of paper down in between the windscreen and dash where the vin number is, it will wet the edge of the paper a cm one so. After 3-4 trips to the dealership where the mechanics fail to replicate the results with a pressure washer, since they can't find the root of problem they can't fix it even if I insisted that it's the windshield that's leaking and the service staff telling me it's bonded and sealed in place. Well thanks to recent heavy rain the dealership finally witnessed the leak and accepted that the windshield is not sealed properly and will remove and reattach it under warranty.

so I just want to give a heads up to up! Owners, apparently there are similar issues in the uk with windshield sealant problem too so you might want to check yours.

ps: even tho it was an inconvenient taking the car to the dealership so many time I must say the vw dealership service people was very accommodating.