Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sydney VW mechanic recomendations

Sydney VW mechanic recomendations

Hi All, my daughter has moved to sydney recently and before she went down I had her Up! serviced at our dealership in toowoomba. A small crack was detected in the engine sump and it was suggested to have it replaced sooner rather than later.
    Can anyone recommend a mechanic that can supply and fit a new sump to her 2013 up! ?
    The dealership wanted $ 300 MORE than our quality dealership alternative, so we are hoping there is a service center around Sydney that might save her some dollars over a dealership.
    Thanks in advance, Greg.

Sydney is a big place! Perhaps a location would assist with recommendations.

I've never heard a bad thing about VW Village in Kensington. I think I'll be taking my car there after the first service.

Euro Car Full Service Mechanic in SydneyVW Village

She works on the south side and lives on the north side so travel wont be an issue. Thanks brenno I have sent VW Village an email.

Users Country Flag
    Depending how far north she is, European Autotech at Mona Vale is highly recommended.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Sydney is approximately 100km N-S & 70km E-W. What do you specifically mean by North Side & South Side? On the North Side there's a significant difference between North Sydney & Hornsby (and both areas will say they "live on the North Side").
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    You can try VW Repairers in Artarmon... Vince and Paul running a family business, very honest and extremely reliable... They know their VWs very well.
    Sent from my Windows Phone

Users Country Flag
    This may seem daft but why isn't it covered by warranty? Or is the crack a result of hitting something?
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    If she doesn't mind a bit of a drive, Camden GTI are my go-to guys. Fantastic work and they only do watercooled VW, Audi, Skoda.
    2006 VW Golf GTI MKV - Volant intake - Stage 1 tune

Yes Tobes, she ran over something on a backroad at night a fair while ago and they fixed the undercar damage but they might have missed the sump , thats my guess anyway. Proving that the sump was damaged back then would be difficult. VW Village gave me a good price so she will be heading there soon. Thanks everyone for their recommendations

So how did VW Village work out for you? I have heard mixed reviews....
    Want to service my MK4 2.0L Auto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast