Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkie's Up! Project

Users Country Flag

Sharkie's Up! Project

As per the other intro thread, we acquired a little Tornado Red Up! for a runaround but mostly as a project car .... This thread will document what happens to Little Red.

Stock standard Up! with only the little touch screen as an option
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-back-png

Little Red, joined a family of VAG cars
    Sharkie's Up! Project-vw-fleet-3-jpg

And the build commenced with new wheels ....
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-wheels-0-jpg

Looks pretty good
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-wheels-1-jpg

While we were at it, the brake calipers (and drums) got painted
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-wheels-2-jpg
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-brakes-f1-jpgSharkie's Up! Project-up-brakes-f3-jpg
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-brakes-r1-jpgSharkie's Up! Project-up-brakes-r2-jpg

Little Red now willing to take on big brother Big Red
    Sharkie's Up! Project-mean-meaner-jpg
    I call it mean and meaner

Custom Intake made and fitted
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-cai2-jpg

H&R suspension fitted
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-hr-suspension-fitted-jpg

LED Running Lights
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-led-jpg
    Last edited by Sharkie; 12-01-2021 at 01:00 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Steering Wheel UPgrade.

Pre
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-steer-old-jpg

Exhaust UPgrade

Pre
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-pre-miltek-jpg

Sharkie's Up! Project-up-miltek-done-1-jpg
    Last edited by Sharkie; 15-02-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Keeping open space for more stuff

Users Country Flag
    Are those King Reloads? If so, I've got them as well! They don't look too bad (got them as my winter wheels, but now gonna keep em on the rear of my Pog, different wheels going on the front for that dirty look).

Quote Originally Posted by FckBullerScott View Post
    Are those King Reloads? If so, I've got them as well! They don't look too bad (got them as my winter wheels, but now gonna keep em on the rear of my Pog, different wheels going on the front for that dirty look).
    Yup, King Reloads. Pretty awesome looking wheel for the money Really lightweight too which is a bonus.

It sure made a massive difference to the way the little beastie drives too. Like a go-kart, just with no power

Users Country Flag
    Yeah they're not a bad wheel for the price, for sure. TOTALLY transformed the way my POG drives, having come off heavy heavy 17in Audi wheels.

This Up is gonna be mad fun at low speeds (ain't nothin' wrong with that!)

The wheels have made a massive difference to the grip of Little Red .... but still a lot of body roll through corners at speed though. Luckily, these HR lowering springs arrived for the Up! last week so started the fitment process over the weekend (Xmas parties got in the way though so only had time to do the rears).

Sharkie's Up! Project-up-hr-springs-jpg

Rears in.
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-rear-hr-fitted-jpg

Fronts will have to wait a week (at least) till I get the time and the special wrench required to do the nut on the top of the front struts

EDIT: acknowledge it does look a bit weird now while the back is lowered 30mm and the front is not
    Last edited by Sharkie; 07-12-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Users Country Flag
    The rears are so basic to install compared to the fronts aren't they Sharkie - almost too easy in comparison.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    The rears are so basic to install compared to the fronts aren't they Sharkie - almost too easy in comparison.
    Yes, like chalk and cheese ... LOL

So made and fitted an intake to the Up! this weekend.

I studied the only 2 commercially available intakes for NA Up!s that I could find and figured I could do it far cheaper myself.
    Up / Citigo / Mii 1.0L Short Ram air intake system - Volkswagen 234 Euro!!

So, stock intake layout
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-stock-intake-jpg

Custom intake test fitted after fabrication
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-cai1-jpg

End result (some awesome growling now at revs)
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-cai2-jpg
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-cai3-jpg
    Last edited by Sharkie; 14-12-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast