Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sharkie's Up! Project

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by kristianvanek View Post
    hi sharkie.

where did you get the auto headlight set up from?

just did a quick google and cant find it.

hows it sound running the miltek system on it?
    The headlight switch is the same as a MK4 Golf, I just got it off Ebay.
    For VW Golf Mk4 Passat B5 Polo Lavida AUTO Headlight Switch Light Sensor Module | eBay

Miltek sounds awesome, I really should take video of it.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Have you had much head way with the cruise control upgrade?

I am currently upgrading the stereo and doing some sound deadening in mine and want to do the cruise control retrofit. I can only find eurocar upgrades that have a kit but it's only the combo stick and the bcm.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kristianvanek View Post
    Have you had much head way with the cruise control upgrade?

I am currently upgrading the stereo and doing some sound deadening in mine and want to do the cruise control retrofit. I can only find eurocar upgrades that have a kit but it's only the combo stick and the bcm.
    If you’ve got a VW Scanning tool (VCDS, OBD11), you can check the version of you BCM.

Mines a 1S0937090D which means it supports cruise control already.

Have yet to hear back from Eurocar Upgrades on wether they do a stalk only option, otherwise kufatec do one :
    Cruise control retrofit for VW up!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhamism View Post
    If you’ve got a VW Scanning tool (VCDS, OBD11), you can check the version of you BCM.

Mines a 1S0937090D which means it supports cruise control already.

Have yet to hear back from Eurocar Upgrades on wether they do a stalk only option, otherwise kufatec do one :
    Cruise control retrofit for VW up!
    Just posted on your other post. Yeah you are luck with the bcm. I had to do a swap and ran in to a few issues with the retrofit but in the end with sharkies help to code I have it in my up and working.

Your best to grab the kufatec kit if you do it as it also give you the multifunction dash information to and the wiring is already pre done to install you only need to extend 1 wire to the ecu. The information for making the wiring is hard to find online these days cause all the guys in the UK have moved on from these to the up gti.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Oil Cooler

As preparation for the turbo (which needs an oil feed), I needed to source an oil feed and decided to double that up with an oil cooler to keep the turbo and engine cooler. Finally had an open weekend and got going with that

Front with the bumper off

Sharkie's Up! Project-up-oil1-jpg

Turns out there is no space for a FMIC, but there is a bit of space for an oil cooler; relatively easy to make brackets and fit.

Sharkie's Up! Project-up-oil4-jpg

The stock bumper has blackouts in spaces where I need airflow through, so opened them up.

Sharkie's Up! Project-up-oil3-jpg
    Sharkie's Up! Project-up-oil5-jpg

And sandwich for the feeds installed and pipework completed.

Sharkie's Up! Project-up-oil6-jpg

Oil change done and no leaks (detected so far) after running the engine for a bit.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 26-09-2022 at 09:30 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345