Thread: Paint pealing - Covered by warranty?

Paint pealing - Covered by warranty?

Hi guys,

I've noticed a small area (just a little over the size of a 50c piece) of paint cracking and pealing above the rear passenger door of my up. Given the car is just over a year old, I was wondering if anyone knew if this would be covered by warranty?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Probably... That shouldn't happen and as long as there isn't anything attributed to you it sounds like something is failing where it shouldn't.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    As long as Batpoo or other surface contaminant has not caused it, advise your dealer and ask for their assistance to repair it.

As far as I'm aware it isn't due to anything of the sort.

I purchased the vehicle in Melbourne privately and am located in Brisbane. Can I take the vehicle to any Volkswagen dealership?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nutrition_nut View Post
    As far as I'm aware it isn't due to anything of the sort.

I purchased the vehicle in Melbourne privately and am located in Brisbane. Can I take the vehicle to any Volkswagen dealership?

Sure can mate, show up at your nearest dealer and talk to the service manager. Register your details as owner and then show him the damage. Paint is under warranty unless exceptions mentioned above applies, so they must fix it.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Vehicle may have been repaired in the past. In which case you should contact the previous owner and find out how it was repaired and see if there's any warranty on the repair (like if it was an insurance job).

Thanks guys.

The car hasn't had any previous accidents/damage.