Support VWWC

Thread: Turbo Back Exhaust MK7 GTI

Users Country Flag

Turbo Back Exhaust MK7 GTI

Hey guys,

Just joined this morning and am excited to hear from you all. Wanted to find out if Xforce Turboback exhaust for MK7 GTI is a good option? I understand that Milltek, CTS, Aprovich are much more expensive and am assuming they are better units, but just want to find out if anyone knows what is better? Do they sound better?

Users Country Flag
    Xforce have only just very recently released their Golf Mk7 exhaust for GTI and R so im not sure you will find much in the way of feedback just yet.

I had a CTS catback on my Mk6 GTI - great sound (which didnt get louder over time unlike the xforce on my current car), looked great etc. It did rub on something underneath when it got hot which cost me $100 at my exhaust shop to have modified to give better clearance (this may not have been an issue if i had a CTS downpipe, but i was running a different brand downpipe). Milltek and Akra etc are much more expensive and i just couldnt justify the price.

I have an xforce exhaust on my current car (non VAG) as the car is quite rare and xforce were the only option really for an exhaust in Australia. I had to get the exhaust modified to give better clearance as it was rubbing and knocking in several areas underneath the car. And i recently just spent a small fortune replacing the rear mufflers with a better quality and larger set of mufflers as the xforce mufflers were getting louder and louder over time. I would not recommend the xforce.

Mk7 options below. The CTS will be the quietest, Cobra a bit louder, and Neuspeed the loudest.

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/prod...-golf-gti-mk7/

Cobra Sport VW Golf GTI MK7 Cat Back System – AutoInstruct

NEUSPEED Stainless Steel Catback (70mm) – VW Golf Mk7 GTI – AutoInstruct

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Xforce have only just very recently released their Golf Mk7 exhaust for GTI and R so im not sure you will find much in the way of feedback just yet.

I had a CTS catback on my Mk6 GTI - great sound (which didnt get louder over time unlike the xforce on my current car), looked great etc. It did rub on something underneath when it got hot which cost me $100 at my exhaust shop to have modified to give better clearance (this may not have been an issue if i had a CTS downpipe, but i was running a different brand downpipe). Milltek and Akra etc are much more expensive and i just couldnt justify the price.

I have an xforce exhaust on my current car (non VAG) as the car is quite rare and xforce were the only option really for an exhaust in Australia. I had to get the exhaust modified to give better clearance as it was rubbing and knocking in several areas underneath the car. And i recently just spent a small fortune replacing the rear mufflers with a better quality and larger set of mufflers as the xforce mufflers were getting louder and louder over time. I would not recommend the xforce.

Mk7 options below. The CTS will be the quietest, Cobra a bit louder, and Neuspeed the loudest.

CTS Turbo 3″ Catback Exhaust – VW Golf GTI MK7 – AutoInstruct

Cobra Sport VW Golf GTI MK7 Cat Back System – AutoInstruct

NEUSPEED Stainless Steel Catback (70mm) – VW Golf Mk7 GTI – AutoInstruct
    Sorry for the delayed response, I appreciate your feedback. I will be looking into all the different options and see what comes out on top.

Users Country Flag
    Lucas, were you running a standard xforce or one with their variable system?

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Lucas, were you running a standard xforce or one with their variable system?
    Just a standard one - ive heard the Varex is pretty unreliable (and they always sound like they are leaking) so i didnt get one of those.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Just a standard one - ive heard the Varex is pretty unreliable (and they always sound like they are leaking) so i didnt get one of those.
    That's the name yeah. Fair call, I'd heard a few mixed reviews as well.

Can't believe it's taken them that long to build something for a Mk7, we are what.. five years into the model cycle. I suppose more people may play with them second hand so maybe they know what they're doing.

Some of the optional factory systems these days are getting pretty good. I loved the one on my BMW 340; I know the optional M2 kit has a 'strictly off public road' mode now.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Yeah they are pretty late to the party with an exhaust for the Mk7, but like you said, perhaps people buying the Mk7 second hand will buy the cheaper xforce exhaust over CTS/NeuSpeed etc etc.

Unfortunately i had no other option really with my car as xforce are the only aftermarket exhaust available within Australia. All the other exhausts come from either Japan or USA and their pricing is simply ridiculous. I even got a quote for a custom exhaust and it was about $1,000 more than the xforce. For a few pieces of bent pipe and a couple of mufflers i just didnt see the value.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

The whole point of your car is that V8 so don't blame you wanting to open it up more.

I suppose they were a limited seller new and most of those buyers were probably not the modifying type, so I can see why having to track down a system overseas would be the pathway. Surprising the custom option was so much more than the off-the-shelf unit from xforce, unless that says anything about the materials.

Then again I haven't gone a custom exhaust since my Falcodore days over a decade ago so I would have no idea on pricing now. I'm still debating the merits of something switchable for the current ride but that's a long way off.

Back on topic - I'd hit up the USA forums for the full rundown on everything, there's a lot more modded GTIs over there with exhaust work and pretty much every system will be covered.