Support VWWC

Thread: Strange DSG Issues after Tune

Strange DSG Issues after Tune

Hey all,

Having a very strange DSG issue right now since getting a tune on my mk5 gt tdi.

When giving it some boot (happens more often in sports mode) it seems to have a strange gear changing issue from 2nd to 3rd at high RPM.

The sensation is hard to explain, but its like it jerks back and forth, or revs and cuts off for a split second and then continues revving. I will try and get a video of it.

It seems to be fairly okay in normal mode, however can happen every now and then.

I have had a DSG tune as well to handle the extra torque, has anyone experienced this?

My tune is with 3BAR. I'll try and get a video of it.

V

Users Country Flag
    could your clutches have been worn already and when you've increased the power they've started to slip? Can you do a log and send it to the tuner?
    NOW: 2018 MY19 Kodiaq Luxury and Tech Packs: 132kW Petrol 7DSG Sunroof and Ivory Leather
    HISTORY: 2012 Fabia RS (FOR SALE) ; 2013 Fabia RS (SOLD); 2015 Octavia RS 135TDI (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by BrashDaniels View Post
    could your clutches have been worn already and when you've increased the power they've started to slip? Can you do a log and send it to the tuner?
    Found out that it is a misfire, I am going to have to replace my injectors soon

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vraptor View Post
    Found out that it is a misfire, I am going to have to replace my injectors soon
    Any excuse for an upgrade..... There's R8 adapter kits .... Where's the credit card wifey
    NOW: 2018 MY19 Kodiaq Luxury and Tech Packs: 132kW Petrol 7DSG Sunroof and Ivory Leather
    HISTORY: 2012 Fabia RS (FOR SALE) ; 2013 Fabia RS (SOLD); 2015 Octavia RS 135TDI (SOLD)