DNA Tuning (Australia)

Thread: Popular tuning boxes vs proper tune (2.0TDI content)

Users Country Flag

Popular tuning boxes vs proper tune (2.0TDI content)

Interesting comparison with 4x popular tuning boxes vs a custom remap done by Darkside Developments in the UK.

Car tested is a Audi A4 with a 2.0TDI (150hp / 110kw model).

Interesting responses (or lack of) from the tuning box companies too when questioned about their products performance.

I must admit I had a think about using a tuning box on my SQ5, but glad (especially after watching this) to have gone for a proper remap.

What are your experiences/thoughts?

Note: In the UK their dyno's measure crank power, not at the wheels like we use here in Australia. Crank power is always going to be higher than power at the wheels.

Last edited by Lucas_R; 21-05-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quite interesting and also would have been better if they could have logged the actual rail pressure. That would have been an eye opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Very interesting, and confirms what a lot of the dyno remap guys say. Spend a little extra and get it done properly.

My mate has 2013 Multivan 132kw with 2 plug in devices, 1 on his accelerator pedal and the other goes somewhere in the fuel rail harness.

We found ourseleves on a private road the other evening so we had an acceleration assessment . I was in my 2014 Multivan 132kw with Pendle tune, by the time we were doing 110kmh he was a good 100m behind me.

We were talking on hands free the during this and after....he and I were shocked at how quick I pulled away!

Ulimate truth would come from a dyno printout but short of that this will have to do.
    2014 T5.1 Multivan Tuned by Pendle Performance Australia