Thread: Mk6 R type tuning issue

Mk6 R type tuning issue

Hey there, I had a question and was wondering if anyone had some good insight into what may have happened. I have recently had my 2012 MK6 R tuned with a APR stage 1. It’s compleatly stock apart from a polar FIS. When I got the car back it had all kinds of electrical issues.
    -the option to connect a phone to the car is gone from the MFD
    -the reverse camera and optical parking is gone(it just doesn’t show up on the screen)
    -the stereo stays on after you have locked the car. It won’t go off unless you turn it off manually.
    -the stereo will turn off randomly every 10-15 minutes while driving.
    -the steering wheel controls for the stereo don’t work.
    I’m just trying to get an understanding, maybe someone has some good knowledge on how the tune works and if it could affect these systems? As when I dropped my car off they all worked 100% and as soon as I got in, none of them worked.
    Any info or help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

Suspect the Autopolar has got it's knickers in a knot when the tuner has connected up to the OBD port to talk to the ECU.

Try restarting the Autopolar (disconnect/reconnect) or if that doesn't work then reflash the Autopolar unit with the latest firmware.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_darcie View Post
    Hey there, I had a question and was wondering if anyone had some good insight into what may have happened. I have recently had my 2012 MK6 R tuned with a APR stage 1. It’s compleatly stock apart from a polar FIS. When I got the car back it had all kinds of electrical issues.
    -the option to connect a phone to the car is gone from the MFD
    -the reverse camera and optical parking is gone(it just doesn’t show up on the screen)
    -the stereo stays on after you have locked the car. It won’t go off unless you turn it off manually.
    -the stereo will turn off randomly every 10-15 minutes while driving.
    -the steering wheel controls for the stereo don’t work.
    I’m just trying to get an understanding, maybe someone has some good knowledge on how the tune works and if it could affect these systems? As when I dropped my car off they all worked 100% and as soon as I got in, none of them worked.
    Any info or help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

If the above doesn’t work.
    ....take it back to the tuner. Did they say anything when they gave you your car back?
    Last edited by Transporter; 17-06-2019 at 11:05 PM.