Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Half Cages

Users Country Flag

for any motorsport a cage is a good idea.
    Any cage will tighten up your shell, but even with a bolt in cage the shell will flex around it. If you can, and the regs allow brackets attaching it to the A and B pillars will make a huge change.
    73 mini clubman supercharged money pit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by static1800 View Post
    What other suspension differences are there between yours and Quozls?
    KW V3 coilovers on quozls vs Koni Yellow adjustables and H&R springs. Both have the same swaybars and a TST rear brace.
    It's just a better feeling with the whole car which is probably a whole combination of things or it might be all in my head but yeah that's my thoughts.

On the subject of the TST rear brace putting this in makes a big difference in the car. The flex is reduced quite a bit and when you fold down the rear seats you can hear the thing flexing and straining from the forces trying to flex.

Cheers,
    Trent

2010 Renault Clio RenaultSPORT 200 Cup 20th Anniversary Edition - #19 of 30 - The French Connection...
    2004 Volkswagen Golf R32 MkIV - #044 of 200 - Gone But Not Forgotten...
    "Racing is life; Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen -=-=- "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Unknown

Users Country Flag
    I also have different spring rates to the standard KW V3 Springs. The full cage definitely stiffens the car up, it is legal with an engineering certificate and plate (which I have) in QLD as long as the side intrusion bars are removable and not higher than the side of the seat.

Pictures in my gallery linked in my sig.

Cheers Al
    Last edited by quozl; 26-08-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    My Garage

People are mushy - Paul Hawkins on the merits of where to crash on the Targa Florio

Personally half cages are a waste of time!!! A cage to work at full potential must connect to the chassis for supreme stiffness...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12