Support VWWC

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The great big MK6 Golf 118TSI tuning thread

Its working well, we are only on our first round of calibration, but looks very promising (see facebook page )

Will you be running an exchange program on the turbos? Nice power figures!!
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

Does anyone know which model year 118 TSI started receiving the new fuel pumps?
    Golf Mk6 118TSI DSG + Sports Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_A View Post
    Will you be running an exchange program on the turbos? Nice power figures!!
    Not sure yet, but that is definitely a possibility.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by segan5 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

Does anyone know which model year 118 TSI started receiving the new fuel pumps?
    If you can read the part numbers off your fuel pump & send them to me I can check for you. Otherwise when its plugged into the APR server, it will let us know - smart thing that server

I had a quick look for that fuel pump label on Sunday (just as those heavy rains started) but couldn't find what I was looking for near the back on the right side. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be easily visible or if I have to remove certain parts.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    Not sure yet, but that is definitely a possibility.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

If you can read the part numbers off your fuel pump & send them to me I can check for you. Otherwise when its plugged into the APR server, it will let us know - smart thing that server
    Cheers! I'll see if I can find the fuel pump and read the label tonight.

Out of interest, whats the performance diff of the stage 1 tune with old pump vs new pump?
    Golf Mk6 118TSI DSG + Sports Pack

I think about 8 - 9 kw & similar torque (thats off the top of my head), we never bothered updating the website to show the extra gains, we stuck with the lower figures - owners of the later ones get a bonus! If you have the early pump, you can purchase the later pump (although we have never done it or priced it up).

Quote Originally Posted by segan5 View Post
    Cheers! I'll see if I can find the fuel pump and read the label tonight.

Out of interest, whats the performance diff of the stage 1 tune with old pump vs new pump?

lol, that might be why Dean's taking a while to reply to my email.

yeah, don't have anything official, we only personally ran the polo's on the dyno's, but Golf owners have been loving the extra as well. When we get our new dyno installed, we will be able to do a lot more of that in house.

Yes well I'd like to minimise the chances of being beaten at the lights by someone in the Polo GTI

j/k

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast