Thread: Possible to rollback my 1.6 Caddy to pre-Dieselgate "fix"??

Users Country Flag

Possible to rollback my 1.6 Caddy to pre-Dieselgate "fix"??

G'day All,

My new (to me) 2013 Maxi TDI250 1.6 has previously had the infamous recall/"fix" done by VW in line with the Dieselgate saga... Obviously I don't know how it drove before that but from what I've read that fix did nothing to help fuel efficiency or power/Tq - and an improvement in either of those things is always good! I wondered if anyone on here had found anywhere in NSW that can reflash to ECU back to the original software, and potentially swap out the flow straightener that must have been fitted? I
    guess I could get a total re-map/tune but quotes for that seem to be in the order of $1500 which ain't exactly cheap considering what the car is worth!

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Possible to rollback my 1.6 Caddy to pre-Dieselgate "fix"??

I don’t think VW would roll back the file. Generally the way that it works is the service technician connects the vehicle up to the computer and it looks up what the latest software for your vehicle is and will allow the technician to load this file.

There’s no opportunity to roll back to a previous version. It’s either the latest or nothing.

Aftermarket tune files should be from around $1k and will make a reasonable improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Oh I'm sure there is nohope in hell of VW doing it!

I knowthere are places overseas (particularly the UK) that can literally erase androll back the software to the pre-dieselgate versions. They have an archive ofthem or something to that effect. It is apparently quite straightforwarddepending on what actual VW update version you have. Just hoped I might be ableto find one such place in Aus so I could actually take the car there - sendingjust the ECU is a bit of a gamble...

I guess an aftermarkettune is a possibility, but it would seem to kinda just be hiding the problemunder more tuning as opposed to just fixing it back to original factory rollout settings. Noting that an aftermarket tune would require dyno-ing etc andthe rollback should just be a reflash I’d have hoped it would be a bit cheapertoo…
    Back to the drawing boardI guess… Thanks for your reply.

We could possibly do it as long as we have the original file - I have a library of nearly 20,000 originals here, so there is a chance we will have the rollback file. We can only do it in Brisbane unfortunately.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks Guy. Brisbane is a bit of a stretch unfortunately, but defintely I'll keep that in mind if I can't find a local solution!