Thread: Audi S3 8v - Custom Exhaust Way Too Loud Please Help!!

Audi S3 8v - Custom Exhaust Way Too Loud Please Help!!

Hey Guys,

I decided to get a custom exhaust i bought cheaply off Facebook marketplace and unfortunately I have now found out why it was for sale, it is way way way too loud.

Unfortunately the person who fitted the rear section has scrapped the factory exhaust so i can not get the factory muffler back and remove the custom rear section so that is not an option and I am kind of left with having to modify the rear section of the exhaust and put mufflers in.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I have circled the 3 possible places where i can cut out the resonators (they do nothing they are basically straight pipes with light packing).

Could i just cut out the two resonators to be replaced with mufflers will this help? or should i leave the resonators and put in a large centre muffler.

Can any one recommend a type of muffler that will reduce noise?

The whole system is 3.5"which is massive for a 2L turbo so i am not too worried about loosing flow by muffling the exhaust.

Open to any and all suggestions please help the car is ridiculous at the moment.

Users Country Flag
    Can you post some vids of how the exhaust sound like

Users Country Flag

I'd put a muffler in where the circle with no resonator is
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums