Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5N Tiguan with IE Tune

Interesting read! I'm keen to go stage 2, but hesitating a bit since I don't have/want to upgrade the IC on my 155TSI!

What sorta modifications were required to make the dp fit?

Bit of heat & bending, manipulation around the driveshaft etc. Got a shop to do it for me, broken exhaust stud slowed things up a bit. One of the exh.hangers isn't fully seated into position but otherwise ok.
    Stage 2 tune is brilliant, so much pull to it. The 132tsi is seriously quick. DSG now responds best in S-mode, its like it was made for it Nice in cruise with great response to the throttle.
    Going to enjoy driving it for now.
    Eventually will have HD swaybars, and maybe coilovers and mags.

Quote Originally Posted by LMAA View Post
    Interesting read! I'm keen to go stage 2, but hesitating a bit since I don't have/want to upgrade the IC on my 155TSI!
    You don't have to upgrade you IC if you go stage 2 but if you do you will see a greater improvement if you do. The 155 runs a slightly bigger (same as GTI) intercooler as standard so you won't be as badly off as (say) a 125TSI which runs a smaller/narrower core.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    You don't have to upgrade you IC if you go stage 2.
    True. I must have misread the text, it only says highly recommended. My bad.

Although according to the product page on the dubaddiction website, an IE transmission tune is required. You wouldn't know anything about that?

Quote Originally Posted by LMAA View Post
    True. I must have misread the text, it only says highly recommended. My bad.

Although according to the product page on the dubaddiction website, an IE transmission tune is required. You wouldn't know anything about that?
    Yeah if you want to maximise the result on stage 2 then the intercooler is required.

In terms of DSG tune I think you'd be fine with running a stock DSG file. Generally the tune increases the clamping pressure so that you can run higher torque. The only downside of this is that it can be a bit more "grabby" and not as smooth as stock shifting. If you ever get clutch slippage then you definitely need to get the tune before you cook your clutches.

I would have thought it would only be necessary if you upgraded the turbo, but talk to your tuner and see what they say.
    Last edited by tigger73; 05-10-2020 at 09:08 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Cheers Tigger. Although the car was purchased new, it's quiet a few years old now. The cost to go stage 2 (tune, controller, dp, IC, trans tune) seems to be getting more and more when the cars realistic value is $15k maybe?

Now at 63k kms, the Tiguan is such fun to drive.
    Stage 2 IE tune is perfect.
    Have done a few mods now, such as TCU tune, larger S3 intercooler, Eibach springs, rear sway bar, front engine strut brace, DBA slotted rotors & extreme pads, etc. 230awhp
    I'll finish it off with shocks, cat-back system, and a nice little K04 turbo with the IE stage3 tune. Pretty happy with the Laborde Motorsports stage2 TCU tune for the DQ500. A big upgrade over stock....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12