Page 118 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1294

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Users Country Flag

Had my Wolfsburg just over a month now, fantastic performance, and gets out of corners pretty damn hard. Have 3000k’s up have pulled to the cutout in 6th a few times. Having been used to Holden SS and Ford Turbo’s it certainly produces it’s torque down low, although I’ve had to get used to the long pedal travel before you can access it. Great sound system and seats and a great all round car......except for a damn faulty motor in the right front headlight which has been there since I picked the car up. I’m told there are three motors in each headlight and they have to dismantle the front to take the light out, put a new one in and see if it still throws the code/warning. There doing this by parking it next to a new R and swapping the parts. Strange thing is, everything in the lights work as they should. Anyway the dealers been great, so I’ll see what happens. And yes, I will probably have it tuned in about 12 mths. As an aside, I’m not sure but I may be the oldest bloke on here, being retired and all that, but not the oldest with an R. The next door neighbour has had one for a few years now, he’s a good 10yrs older, and yep, his has been tuned/upgraded as well and has high k’s with no problems. ��

Users Country Flag
    Update on mine, landed in Melbourne MIRRAT last Tuesday 13th Feb. Was waiting for the quasi 2 week waiting period until it's available from the dealer but got a surprise call today advising it had luckily arrived there with them (20th Feb)! Don't think they were expecting it until the 27th but it must have caught an earlier Patricks truck.

Had requested it delivered with as many plastic and cover bits on it as possible without a wash and detail which means I should be picking it up this Thursday! Super excited, can't wait to finally take delivery. Deposited on this thing maybe last July or August and at many times thought about throwing in the towel but I hope I'll be as impressed as the rest of you have been. Coming from a 'rolla so it should be quite a step up. Photos and smiles await!
    2018 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg Edition Hatch - Lapiz Blue / Sunroof

Got to tackle Hodder st this morning. And the engine stop start was quite effective, given the road is a nightmare at the moment.

Finding all the ‘stuff’ to look at in the cabin pretty distracting to be honest. Not sure where to start with adjusting everything, sonhave settled on mirrors and seat for now, the rest is pretty good out of the box.

If it weren’t for the need for leather seats (wife) and dynaudio (me) the Grid would’ve been more than adequate, I might keep my eye out for one 2nd hand.

Nevertheless, still very happy with the new ride.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinhillterror View Post
    Got to tackle Hodder st this morning. And the engine stop start was quite effective, given the road is a nightmare at the moment.

Finding all the ‘stuff’ to look at in the cabin pretty distracting to be honest. Not sure where to start with adjusting everything, sonhave settled on mirrors and seat for now, the rest is pretty good out of the box.

If it weren’t for the need for leather seats (wife) and dynaudio (me) the Grid would’ve been more than adequate, I might keep my eye out for one 2nd hand.

Nevertheless, still very happy with the new ride.
    Agree, hard to not get distracted by all the goods in the cabin, the leather in the wolf is what I had to have having missed out on the 7.0 Wolfsburg edition , was for me a relief that 7.5 was released.

Picked up our car yesterday!! For those still waiting the wait is worth it!!! Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-img_0939-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zee19 View Post
    Picked up our car yesterday!! For those still waiting the wait is worth it!!! Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-img_0939-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Must say i like the rims on the wolf 20" ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    Must say i like the rims on the wolf 20" ?
    Nope, 19 x 8 ET50 for the Aussie Pretorias (there is an 18 inch version in Europe).

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfR View Post
    Had my Wolfsburg just over a month now, fantastic performance, and gets out of corners pretty damn hard. Have 3000k’s up have pulled to the cutout in 6th a few times. Having been used to Holden SS and Ford Turbo’s it certainly produces it’s torque down low, although I’ve had to get used to the long pedal travel before you can access it. Great sound system and seats and a great all round car......except for a damn faulty motor in the right front headlight which has been there since I picked the car up. I’m told there are three motors in each headlight and they have to dismantle the front to take the light out, put a new one in and see if it still throws the code/warning. There doing this by parking it next to a new R and swapping the parts. Strange thing is, everything in the lights work as they should. Anyway the dealers been great, so I’ll see what happens. And yes, I will probably have it tuned in about 12 mths. As an aside, I’m not sure but I may be the oldest bloke on here, being retired and all that, but not the oldest with an R. The next door neighbour has had one for a few years now, he’s a good 10yrs older, and yep, his has been tuned/upgraded as well and has high k’s with no problems. ��
    JB4 is a good way to up the power and torque if you don't want a software tune and you can set it to various Maps even turn if off if you want to return to stock just for a slower ride. I also came from a HSV and the R is a revelation, bit of an iron fist in a silk glove, Dynaudio a cracker sound system when you want to cruise.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone looked into purchasing a rear spoiler or has one. I really like the look of the GTI 40 Year Ann. one and would like to put it onto the Wolfsburg. I think it would make it look even better imo... Will it fit? Where to purchase? part no./price? ... thoughts...cheers
    MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Edition (Oryx White Pearl)

Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-20180222_185451-jpg

Picked mine up yesterday! Thanks to everyone here I messaged on their price.

Does anybody else's make buzzing noises after you turn off the ignition? I think it's coming from under the bonnet but this morning I heard it inside the cabin.

Also, how do I pause/play songs from the steering wheel controls? The only way I have found is to lower the volume to 0.

Page 118 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast