Page 113 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1294

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Users Country Flag

Well that's pretty cool then!

But ADR requires driver input for steering as it's illegal to drive a car without your hands on the wheel. So it must have the same limitations as lane assist. I.e. only for short periods of time will it operate without driver steering input.

Car should be landing in a couple of days, still no clue what is going on with the dealer as they've made contact maybe 3 times since leaving a deposit in April last year, called for a vin a few weeks back and was promised a call back with it. Had to go through VW oz to get the welcome experience tracking link and the VIN. Not impressed with the dealership..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    Well that's pretty cool then!

But ADR requires driver input for steering as it's illegal to drive a car without your hands on the wheel. So it must have the same limitations as lane assist. I.e. only for short periods of time will it operate without driver steering input.
    Yeah if you don't react for a while, then Emergency Assist kicks in. Otherwise it stays active for however long you're in traffic.
    MY18.5 MK7.5 Golf R Wolfsburg (Hatch)
    Panoramic Sunroof | Oryx White Pearl

Users Country Flag

Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by bh99 View Post
    Car should be landing in a couple of days, still no clue what is going on with the dealer as they've made contact maybe 3 times since leaving a deposit in April last year, called for a vin a few weeks back and was promised a call back with it. Had to go through VW oz to get the welcome experience tracking link and the VIN. Not impressed with the dealership..
    You are not the only one... they need to get this experience right.

I get obsessive and would have loved to be able to track the car from factory to dock. Even via webcams lol. Why can’t they integrate one portal where all the info and tracking is accessible? Well I know, justifies a dealers job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr T. View Post
    You are not the only one... they need to get this experience right.

I get obsessive and would have loved to be able to track the car from factory to dock. Even via webcams lol. Why can’t they integrate one portal where all the info and tracking is accessible? Well I know, justifies a dealers job.

I've got it in my Arteon in traffic under 10km it seems to take control with no input for like 2+ minutes over that lucky if you get under 60s.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Good thing is that new traffic assist is just a software change. All the hardware that's doing all the work is already in my car. Will be getting that done for sure.

Hi Everyone,
    I'm looking to track my car, but the website ATT Login doesn't have the cargo ID field anymore.
    I tried putting my VIN into each field but all return no record found.

I'm going to reach out to VW AU next but wanted to see if anyone else had another idea.

edit: Just looking at my VIN and it doesn't look quite right to me. WVWZZZAUZJW******. It's the 7th and 8th digit that looks wrong. This is the vehicle descriptor. Can anyone share what their R/Wolfie's 7th and 8th digit is?
    Last edited by Pizza The Hutt; 07-02-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Wolfsburg 7.5R. Lapiz Blue hatch DSG with sunroof.

Users Country Flag
    I got the word that my Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon is going to be fitted with a factory tow bar. I have no idea how this works as I was told it was not possible by VAG Australia. Anyway, the dealer assured me it is a factory attachment and has full warranty. No complaints here as that was the potential deal breaker. I enquired after an AMG 45, BMW M235i and M240i and all were NOT Certified for tow bar. all I want to tow are my vintage and classic motorcycles on a lightweight demountable trailer; total weight about 380kg with tow bar weight of 80-90kg. If my old 1995 BMW 323i and 1999 Audi A4 quattro could do it then it should not be an issue in 2018. In the end I have a decent replacement to my V6 Skoda Superb Wagon albeit 4 years before I was considering an update. That is what happens when lightning strikes!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Albervin View Post
    I got the word that my Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon is going to be fitted with a factory tow bar. I have no idea how this works as I was told it was not possible by VAG Australia. Anyway, the dealer assured me it is a factory attachment and has full warranty. No complaints here as that was the potential deal breaker. I enquired after an AMG 45, BMW M235i and M240i and all were NOT Certified for tow bar. all I want to tow are my vintage and classic motorcycles on a lightweight demountable trailer; total weight about 380kg with tow bar weight of 80-90kg. If my old 1995 BMW 323i and 1999 Audi A4 quattro could do it then it should not be an issue in 2018. In the end I have a decent replacement to my V6 Skoda Superb Wagon albeit 4 years before I was considering an update. That is what happens when lightning strikes!
    I’m sure it’s possible as there’s no space due to the diffuser.

Page 113 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast