Support VWWC

Page 99 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Users Country Flag

To be fair, VW aren't the only importer to limit colour choice - even Holden now have a very limited colour palette for the 2018 Commodore.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Yet to see any 7.5 wolf hatch / wagon out in the wild but have seen at least half a dozen 7 Wolfies since being on holiday.
    Played a little game with myself which was to spot 5 R on the way walking to the pub after seeing six the day before... I was on four and five was parked at the pub door. Dime a dozen around my parts on a Saturday... even got a 40 year edition that is local.

Users Country Flag
    I saw a 7.5 wagon in white today. Looked the goods, I have to say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Hey guys, picked up my wagon on 22nd december and already 1500kms on it! Its getting better as the engine breaking in..dynaudio sounds much nicer too..some questions

1. anything to fix finger print marks on the beautiful screen? like some sort of protector something? It picks up fingerprints like anything!
    2. any way to permanently disable start-stop system?
    3. little confused about driving modes..when you hit race mode, it switches to "S" automatically but then you can manually get back to "D" using the stick. So for e.g.if I am in Normal mode and switch to "S" using stick, is this "S" same as the "S" in race mode??

In other words, "S" is same across all or each driving mode has different "D" and "S" ratios??

Thanks
    2018 MK7.5 Lapiz Wolf Wagon with Roof

1. I haven't seen a protector for the screen, it is a massive fingerprint magnet though. My dealer gave me some microfiber cloths to clean it.
    2. Yes, but only through obd11 or vagcom. Dealer wont do it for you. Search this forum for details.
    3. S is just the sport setting for the DSG and will make the gearbox behave the same regardless of driver profile.

For no.3, As far as I know, they are the same. S and D controls Engine across the driving modes. But in race, besides Engine set in Sport, other options set in sport/race too. If you head over to Individual you could see all the options over there.

After couple of fiddling I settled myself in individual(for daily driving) with everything normal and dcc/steering in comfort and Engine sound in Eco. This way I can ride/steer comfortably, minimal fake Engine sound and also flexible between D/S.
    Last edited by justin_jt; 06-01-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macdub View Post
    2. any way to permanently disable start-stop system?
    When searching on this I found an electronic gizmo that can toggle it off or on each time it is connected (to the OBD port). That way you can activate it when taking your car to a VW dealer for a service. If you do a search I'm sure you can find it.

I just programmed myself to hit the off button after I have started the engine - once it becomes a habit you don't notice, and you can still switch it on if you know you are going to be stationary for a while (but I don't do that when it is stinking hot like today, I want the air-con blasting cold air at full tilt).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Maybe an iPad screen protector would work for no1 ?

Something like this and cut it down?

Amazon.com: Tech Armor iPad Screen Protector, Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint Apple iPad 4 / 3 / 2 / 1 [NOT IPAD AIR] Film Screen Protector [2-Pack]: Computers & Accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    Good news! Got a VIN and my below spec is sitting on the Faust, due to land in Melbourne around the 12th of Feb. Guess the next part will be waiting to see if its an 18.5 as the Traffic Jam Assist would be quite cool to see if you can stop driving the car in bumper to bumper traffic. No biggie if it misses out though.

Also now planning on spending a small fortune on car detailing stuff to go over every nook and cranny when it comes. Bought some aliexpress A4 sized screen protectors as a temporary measure which I'll cut to screen size before looking at a more permanent solution to hiding those pesky finger marks.
    2018 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg Edition Hatch - Lapiz Blue / Sunroof

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rambleforce View Post
    Good news! Got a VIN and my below spec is sitting on the Faust, due to land in Melbourne around the 12th of Feb. Guess the next part will be waiting to see if its an 18.5 as the Traffic Jam Assist would be quite cool to see if you can stop driving the car in bumper to bumper traffic. No biggie if it misses out though.

Also now planning on spending a small fortune on car detailing stuff to go over every nook and cranny when it comes. Bought some aliexpress A4 sized screen protectors as a temporary measure which I'll cut to screen size before looking at a more permanent solution to hiding those pesky finger marks.
    Nice!
    Going by what my dealer said that all Wolfies are MY18. Which I don’t trust as mine is built cw47 and going from what was posted here the changes come into affect from cw45. I guess I’ll find out in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Page 99 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast