Page 70 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

My dealer told me the ship my car is in arrives in nsw 4/12 so will have the car before Xmas, I did ask for the vin so I could track the ship but he just said he has the comm number, what should I do? Anyone else golf r arriving on a boat with similar arrival date?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Abs View Post
    My dealer told me the ship my car is in arrives in nsw 4/12 so will have the car before Xmas, I did ask for the vin so I could track the ship but he just said he has the comm number, what should I do? Anyone else golf r arriving on a boat with similar arrival date?
    My dealer sent me a screen shot of their computer system showing all the details - so he should be able to do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Abs View Post
    Mine's on the Oberon - due to dock in Melbourne December 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgie View Post
    My dealer sent me a screen shot of their computer system showing all the details - so he should be able to do the same
    Same here. If the car has been built it does have a VIN, and I can't think of any good reason why your dealer won't supply it to you.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

I received my VIN on Oct 3rd but its still not on a boat according to W&W website. The waiting game sucks.

Updates on the WWL tracking site can lag a few days behind what's actually happened, and unless you pay for premium tracking services there will be a gap in the tracking between Africa and Oz (well, there was on all the free ship tracking sites I tried).

And you're right, the waiting game sucks, and it seems worse the closer you get to actual delivery. My R hearse took over a month longer than what I was initially told, and based on delivery dates others are being told it appears I was one of the lucky ones !!
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Dealer was teasing me with my pick up tomorrow by sending me a pictureWolfsburg Edition Golf R-img_1740-jpg

Dealer was teasing me with my pick up tomorrow by sending me a pictureWolfsburg Edition Golf R-img_1740-jpg
    looks awesome! Mine is due in december..How come you got black wheels? Did you option them? I thought you can only get grey pretorias
    2018 MK7.5 Lapiz Wolf Wagon with Roof

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by macdub View Post
    looks awesome! Mine is due in december..How come you got black wheels? Did you option them? I thought you can only get grey pretorias
    I asked the dealer to get them powder coated black so they charged me 200 per wheel, which I thought was reasonable.

I was waiting for a December car with sunroof but switched to get rid of a sunroof

I asked the dealer to get them powder coated black so they charged me 200 per wheel, which I thought was reasonable.

I was waiting for a December car with sunroof but switched to get rid of a sunroof
    Oh great! Mine is with sunroof! I might do the wheel color change too Enjoy the beast tomorrow..wait is too painful
    2018 MK7.5 Lapiz Wolf Wagon with Roof

Page 70 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast