Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

G'day fella's.

What does one do during school holidays after a morning at the cinema's being good parents, head to the local VW dealer of course with a mission to locate Wolfsburg Golf R's.

Had a chat with the dealer, discussing all that needs to be relayed (more Golf R wagons, new Passat with Golf R engine & running gear etc) & he said that the desire & interest for standard Golf R wagons is very strong & VAG knows this. In the sales guys words, 'they are more likely to be coming than not'. Interesting......

Don't recall if I read it here or on the other forum of interest discussing the Wolfsburg R's (Limestone Grey R wagon) but I will just post a pic or two here just in case.

To those interested, this Limestone Grey wagon is not accounted for so if you are wanting a Limestone Grey then you need to get to Hornsby VW quick.....

* MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

Oohhhh I do like that colour and rim combo. Would like to see it in sunlight though.

Users Country Flag
    Picked up my Blue Wolf Hatch. No photos as I picked up the car late and didn't want to hold the staff back.

All I can say is, the car is a beautiful drive but the detailing was horrid. No deep gouges, but I could see swirls from 10 feet away. Nothing I can't buff out, but it's a new car; I don't see why it's my job to do so.

Pictures of swirls will be taken prior to detailing (myself) and posted. VWA and VWG will be sent the photos also.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone know where you can order the genuine Wolfsburg badge ?

I took the opportunity to view several Wolfsburg Golf R's at my local dealer. The larger infotainment screen, red 'R' on the 4 Motion decal on the bottom centre console looks sweet. The Nappa sheeps leather is definitely softer. Not sure about the carbon fibre side bolsters on the Wolfsburg seats ... it doesn't fell like leather at all. The all black wheels could use a nice silver external trim. The Grey Wolfsburg hatch looked fantastic overall. Another Blue Wolfsburg R was also in stock, looked nice enough, but the grey seemed too match the black wheels better. The same Grey Wolfsburg Wagon didn't seem to look as good as the hatch version. I had the opportunity to compare the leather from standard R to Wolfsburg as my neighbour picked up a fully loaded R a few months ago. No VW dealer bother to tell him that the Wolfsburg was on its way in the very near future. He did get a good deal though. Not convinced that I'd hold out for the Wolfsburg, but if its in stock and roughly the same price, then it'll be a no brainer.

WJ
    Last edited by WhiteJames; 04-10-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteJames View Post
    I took the opportunity to view several Wolfsburg Golf R's at my local dealer. The larger infotainment screen, red 'R' on the 4 Motion decal on the bottom centre console looks sweet. The Nappa sheeps leather is definitely softer. Not sure about the carbon fibre side bolsters on the Wolfsburg seats ... it doesn't fell like leather at all. The all black wheels could use a nice silver external trim. The Grey Wolfsburg hatch looked fantastic overall. Another Blue Wolfsburg R was also in stock, looked nice enough, but the grey seemed too match the black wheels better. The same Grey Wolfsburg Wagon didn't seem to look as good as the hatch version. I had the opportunity to compare the leather from standard R to Wolfsburg as my neighbour picked up a fully loaded R a few months ago. No VW dealer bother to tell him that the Wolfsburg was on its way in the very near future. He did get a good deal though. Not convinced that I'd hold out for the Wolfsburg, but if its in stock and roughly the same price, then it'll be a no brainer.

WJ
    How does the standard leather compare to the carbon nappa in the Wolfsburg (besides the nappa being softer)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Cow?

Standard leather seems to feel more durable & is darker in colour. This suggests to me that the standard cow leather will wear better & show less marks over an extended period of time. Just an observation. The only part that feels softer on the Wolfsburg R Nappa sheep leather is the seat base & back.

The lighter colour of the Nappa will definitely show up marks where as the standard darker leather will tend to hide darker marks. The Nappa leather seems like it would develop creases to a greater degree than the standard leather as it's softer.

Odd thing is, you're wearing clothes where the leather is softer on the Wolfsburg R.

The side bolsters on the Wolfsburg R, the carbon fibre print, seems to cheapen up the softer Nappa seat base and backs. VW-Audi seem to be getting a bit fussy with this type of thing, which includes wheel design.

Still, if I had a choice between the two for the same price, I'd still take the Wolfsburg. The Alcantara side bolsters on the base older spec cloth seated Golf R also in stock felt the most comfortable imo (that one is on special at Sutherland for obvious reasons).

My neighbour gone for the carbon flappy paddles from Germany, new dead pedal and is looking at carbon fibre rear view mirror covers. I reckon he needs to ditch the standard Golf 7 R wheels as an interim measure.

WJ

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteJames View Post
    Standard leather seems to feel more durable & is darker in colour. This suggests to me that the standard cow leather will wear better & show less marks over an extended period of time. Just an observation. The only part that feels softer on the Wolfsburg R Nappa sheep leather is the seat base & back.

The lighter colour of the Nappa will definitely show up marks where as the standard darker leather will tend to hide darker marks. The Nappa leather seems like it would develop creases to a greater degree than the standard leather as it's softer.

Odd thing is, you're wearing clothes where the leather is softer on the Wolfsburg R.

The side bolsters on the Wolfsburg R, the carbon fibre print, seems to cheapen up the softer Nappa seat base and backs. VW-Audi seem to be getting a bit fussy with this type of thing, which includes wheel design.

Still, if I had a choice between the two for the same price, I'd still take the Wolfsburg. The Alcantara side bolsters on the base older spec cloth seated Golf R also in stock felt the most comfortable imo (that one is on special at Sutherland for obvious reasons).

My neighbour gone for the carbon flappy paddles from Germany, new dead pedal and is looking at carbon fibre rear view mirror covers. I reckon he needs to ditch the standard Golf 7 R wheels as an interim measure.

WJ
    WJ - Thanks for the feedback on that.

What prices are people getting/being shown for the Wolfsburg? Are dealers not moving much due to the limited numbers?

Thanks, Rob

Wolfie...Is it just me or?

Had an R36 wagon and loved it...

Downsized to a Golf R and like it- but just miss the boot space. Enter the Golf R wagon. Near perfect.

I even managed to get a really fair changeover price on one with a roof this week. The numbers were compelling and I went so close to pulling the trigger. The one item of concern, the fake carbon fibre look pleather on the seat bolsters. I'd only seen it in pics, so I thought I'd better go find one in the metal/plastic to check. Deal breaker.

I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Would have paid the same $$$ for stock standard fabric seats. Would even have accepted standard leather but the carbon fibre look I just couldn't live with.

I know a re-trim would have possible, but money wasted...

I'm hoping that a standard Golf R wagon might eventuate in 2016...
    Last edited by 2muchcoffeeman; 27-11-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    CR Audi RS3
    PW Golf 7 GTI

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast