Support VWWC

Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1294

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cosanostre View Post
    Dealer know very little
    ^ This is the most accurate bit.

Presumably they mean a Mk7 kit won't be compatible with a Mk7.5 kit and vice versa.

As for MY17, MY18 and MY18.5 - yawn.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone taken up VWs Guaranteed Future Value? Is this a good option or independent finance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr T. View Post
    Has anyone taken up VWs Guaranteed Future Value? Is this a good option or independent finance?
    It can be ok if you don't want the worry of a finance shortfall, and don't mind a) paying a premium for it, or b) meeting all the rules and regulations that apply.

I'm not specifically familiar with the VW offering but they usually feature mileage conditions, restrict any modifications and require servicing and insurance through the seller etc. Often they combine them with low rates that look appealing but will generally be based on RRP pricing and so on.

It's like the extended warranty insurance products people get excited about on here (as distinct from manufacturer backed warranties) - it's an insurance policy priced so the house wins, naturally, but if it helps some people sleep at night good for them.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    It can be ok if you don't want the worry of a finance shortfall, and don't mind a) paying a premium for it, or b) meeting all the rules and regulations that apply.

I'm not specifically familiar with the VW offering but they usually feature mileage conditions, restrict any modifications and require servicing and insurance through the seller etc. Often they combine them with low rates that look appealing but will generally be based on RRP pricing and so on.

It's like the extended warranty insurance products people get excited about on here (as distinct from manufacturer backed warranties) - it's an insurance policy priced so the house wins, naturally, but if it helps some people sleep at night good for them.
    Thanks Dutch. I understand the convenience of it but you pay for it. I’ll be looking at it next week plus looking at Stratton.

2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr T. View Post
    Thanks Dutch. I understand the convenience of it but you pay for it. I’ll be looking at it next week plus looking at Stratton.
    Spot on. Some people buy Toyotas and prepaid funeral plans, some of us buy Dubs..

For most people the best rate will be via a supplementary home equity loan (unless you're a medico or HNW individual), however if you can get it signed off as a business loan the best rates there can usually be negotiated within 50 basis points of most home loan rates anyway.

Best bet is to keep the dealer finance in the game for as long as possible as they may often strike a better car price if they're still sniffing the chance of a finance commission.

Can anyone recommend a detailed in Canberra? Anyone got their cars done?

Detailer*

Good news, VW Oz was able to find the proper tracking link for my car. Apparently it's been built, will have to chase up the VIN from the dealership next.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cosanostre View Post
    I assume the black Pretoria’s are aftermarket sprayed? I did not have an option on my Wolf !
    Yep I sprayed mine Black as I didn't like the Alloy look with the Oryx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-vag-family-60-jpg   Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-vag-family-36-jpg  

Last edited by GSXI; 12-01-2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Grammar correction

Quote Originally Posted by bh99 View Post
    Apparently it's been built.
    Yeah from what I've been told the Wolfsburg run was finished / completed in December. All cars have been allocated to dealers and are on their way.

Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast