Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Windscreen Wiper Issues

I recently came back from an overseas trip where I was provided with a Golf Comfortline as a hire car in France. It had with 15,000km on the odometer and fortunately it rained for a couple hours with the car. I can report that the car did not have an issue with the windscreen wiper smear which ticked me off about my car.

While I was away my Bosch wipers were delivered, I decided to hold off installing them until it rained to see a direct before/after comparison. It is raining today so I decided to clay the windscreen one more time before driving around the block, unfortunately with Murphy's law, this has now fixed the smearing. I've clayed the windscreen 3 other times in the last 16 months with no noticeable improvement so am very surprised it worked this time. I'm going to hold onto my Aerotwin wipers as I'm sure the dreaded smearing will return all too soon.

Edit: Well that didn't last long, about 2 days. Got the Bosch wipers fitted and over the past week they've been working great!

Thanks Imolator for the heads up on the sale!
    Last edited by veew; 15-08-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Users Country Flag

Bosch Aerotwins Severe Shudder After 6 Months

As per the title I purchased a pair of Aerotwins 6 months ago from the UK (unavailable from Bosch OZ) and they initially worked OK for a few months although had that dry rubbery squeegee sound with light rain but no shudder.
    Wife then started complaining they were shuddering in heavy rain.
    Put back the original 2.5 year old OEM's that came with the car, problem solved so I figure no problem with the wiper arms adjustment.
    Spotlessly cleaned the windscreen and the rubber blades but they still shuddered.
    I noticed the shuddering was more pronounced at the extremity of the drivers blade so I compared the OEM blade to the Bosch.
    It seems the Bosch had lost it's tension having only a gentle curve whereas the OEM had a much greater curve.
    I re-tensioned the Bosch to match the OEM but 6 weeks later the problem returned worse than ever in heavy rain. Interestingly this time the blades have not lost their tension and still look as good as new (we normally don't get a lot of rain in Adelaide).
    Any further inputs or ideas appreciated.

Valvster

Users Country Flag
    Both of my VWs run genuine wipers for this reason.

Cost is no issue, when I know they work

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Both of my VWs run genuine wipers for this reason.

Cost is no issue, when I know they work
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Interesting....the www is littered with problems with MK7 OEM wipers and the solution was to change to Bosch Aerotwins.
    Wiper Judder - Experiment - VW Golf R MK7 Chat - VW R Owners Club
    Crap wipers - VW Golf R MK7 Chat - VW R Owners Club
    If VW have fixed the problems with the OEM's(Valeo I think) I'm happy to purchase from them as long as I know they work.

Valvster

Bumping this thread....

Your not alone, I had this very issue with my 2015 MK7 it's a common enough issue.

I replaced my OEM blades with Bosh Aerotwins and can recommend them. Big improvement on the originals and still on the car.

Have a read of this thread.
    Last edited by Imolator; 05-10-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Imolator View Post
    Bumping this thread....

Your not alone, I had this very issue with my 2015 MK7 it's a common enough issue.

I replaced my OEM blades with Bosh Aerotwins and can recommend them. Big improvement on the originals and still on the car.<br>

Have a read of this thread.
    Agree, picked up a pair aswell off ebay, good price too!

Front: Aerotwin A864S - Set of 2 - Bosch Auto Shop
    1x Bosch Set Of Wiper Blades A864S 3397007864 [4047025144698] | eBay

Rear: Rear Blade A282H - Single - Bosch Auto Shop
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1x-Bosch-Wiper-Blade-A282H-3397008634-4047024496811-/323315922968
    Last edited by Jozh; 08-10-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone had any problems with their blades actually scratching the windscreen? Mine were initially shuddering in heavy rain, didn't think much of it but I've noticed some very light scratches on the windscreen now. I'm presuming it can be fixed, but I don't really want to leave the originals on if they cause this.

Users Country Flag
    In very light rain I had a terrible sound like fingernails on a blackboard and in very heavy rain some shuddering. I poured some spray on window cleaner into the wiper/washer reservoir and all fixed.
    Now: 2018 Mk 7.5 Golf R Grid Ed | Man | White Silver Metallic
    Past: 1994 Subaru Liberty RS | Man | White
    ........2000 Nissan 200SX S15 Spec S | Man | Red
    ........2011 Mk VI Golf 118 TSI | Man | Candy White

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WallySimmonds View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with their blades actually scratching the windscreen? Mine were initially shuddering in heavy rain, didn't think much of it but I've noticed some very light scratches on the windscreen now. I'm presuming it can be fixed, but I don't really want to leave the originals on if they cause this.

Not scratching, but I've come across some bad shuudering that needed a bit of work to fix up.
    Best bet is to replace the wipers. I like Bosch AeroTwins, well worth the money.
    Clean the windscreen and then use a razor to scrape up any junk and bugs that might have set on the screen.
    Polish with a auto glass polish, but you can use any good polish. I like Meguiars Ultimate polish as it doesn't leave white residue on black plastic.
    Clean with alcohol or auto glass cleaner, then I usually put on Rain-X, but not everyone likes these products.
    I then top up the washer fluid with distilled water and Bosch additive or the Rain-X washer additive. The Bosch additive prolongs the life of the wiper blades, Rain-X renews the Rain-X application (I don't mix them though just use what ever the seasons dictates)
    Then I enjoy my silky smooth wipers.
    2018 Golf GTI DSG (DAP LUX INFO R-TAILS)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011