Support VWWC

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Window Tinting for the Mk7

Quote Originally Posted by QBDentFree View Post
    I cant help you with anyone in SA, but there are plenty of independents in Melb that can give you a perfect, lifetime warrantee job for around $200.
    Tint-a-car is a rip off, and $690 is just silly
    Yep totally agree. I'm also not in SA, but I got mine done by an independent with a lifetime warranty for under $300. All of those chain tinting places charge far too much.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Idle View Post
    It would be almost impossible to do it without removing the pane, which "might" be removable with the right tools.

As with most fixed panes, it appears to be held in by the rubber surround and these can usually be taken out.

Incidentally, my Highline came with full tint (including the windscreen and the small quarter window) that's quite dark enough for my liking.

Amusing afterthought: During purchase negotiations I was introduced to the usual lady selling options, who showed me round a display car and talked about tint, pointing out that although the rest of the car was tinted, the windscreen wasn't — and how hard plain glass is on the eyes. As is my usual practice I declined the offer and when the new car arrived found the screen matched the rest of the glass.

If I'd paid the extra, of course I'd never have known...

Wonder how many fall for it?
    Again, not in SA, but I can get windows removed & refitted for around $75ea, so your tint company should be able to as well. It'll add to the cost of the job, but if you really want it done it shouldn't cost you that much. Still less than $690

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by QBDentFree View Post
    Again, not in SA, but I can get windows removed & refitted for around $75ea, so your tint company should be able to as well. It'll add to the cost of the job, but if you really want it done it shouldn't cost you that much. Still less than $690
    Thank you for the feedback guys! I'll check out a few mentioned places and see if I can get a quote and let you guys know how i went for future references!
    MY18 Volvo XC60 Inscription | Pine Grey | Lifestyle Pack
    MY14 Golf VII 103 TSI Highline | DSG | Limestone Grey | Bi-Xennon | Sunroof | Driver Assist 2 | Leather | sold

Just another question guys,

So many tints to choose from. What's best for leather seat protection? Cancer council film seems good. anyone has them on their windows?
    MY14 Golf VII 103 TSI Highline | DSG | Limestone Grey | Bi-Xennon | Sunroof | Driver Assist 2 | Leather | sold

Got mine done in Adelaide by a small company including small windows. Solitaire wanted $770 lol. Paid a third of this for darkest legal with lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew69 View Post
    Got mine done in Adelaide by a small company including small windows. Solitaire wanted $770 lol. Paid a third of this for darkest legal with lifetime warranty.
    Hi Brew69,

yours sounds good. can you tell me where the small company is please? would like to check it out.

Thanks.

BnM Tinting 0403 311 440. Work out of house near Blackwood

For those in Sydney, Robert Salvia 0418 464 185 (Hunters Hill Window Tinting) tinted my car today. I have used Rob before and he does an excellent job. He pops the top of the door trims and the trim around the small windows to get the best result.
    MY 14 Golf MK7 90TSI DSG Night Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Brew69 View Post
    BnM Tinting 0403 311 440. Work out of house near Blackwood

Thanks for the info Brew69! Will definitely give them a call!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by applegen View Post
    Just another question guys,

So many tints to choose from. What's best for leather seat protection? Cancer council film seems good. anyone has them on their windows?
    All tints should offer 100% UV protection.

I'd assume a Cancer Council film is just a fee paid to the Cancer Council to licence the use of their name just like Cancer Council sunscreen is no different from other sunscreens with the same SP rating. A similar scheme exists with the heart tick symbol for food. You pay a licence fee to use the branding.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast