Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheel spacers on 7.5 Trendline

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    As mentioned, yes spacers are illegal - but so are many other mods we all do to our cars. Personally I run high quality Spulen spacers on the stock rims on my Audi SQ5 and have never had an issue.

I have also just purchased Burger Motorsports spacers for my Mk7 GTI which should arrive early next week.

The key with spacers is to avoid the cheap and nasty ebay junk and get good quality hubcentric ones and high quality bolts.

I have always used hubcentric H&R (German made) spacers on all my cars, no complaints at all.

Seen a guy who used a cheap eBay spacers, he narrowly avoided a disaster ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Respect for wanting the daughter's car to look good.

Buy a quality set of x 8.5 ET45 wheels and you will achieve what you want IMO.

Otherwise Lucas point is valid.
    Thanks, cheers ..!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kakao View Post
    I have always used hubcentric H&R (German made) spacers on all my cars, no complaints at all.

Seen a guy who used a cheap eBay spacers, he narrowly avoided a disaster ..
    Yes H&R are top notch, and no doubt better quality that what i am using.

I guess i would probably draw the line at 30-40mm with spacers though, any more than that I would be wanting new wheels with the correct offset.

And as mentioned by Dutch, respect for wanting to make your daughters car look cool. My daughter has just turned 5, and i get her to "help" me when servicing the car or doing mods etc. When she is old enough to have her own car I will be doing the same as you and wanting her to have something that looks good.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Here is a link to the spacers I just bought for my MK7 GTI. They are 15mm front and 20mm rear. Might not be quite wide enough for you though Burger Motorsports Hub-Centric Spacers (Pair) – Audi, VW & Skoda – AutoInstruct

Otherwise, as a slightly cheaper alternative to H&R, SCC spacers are made by H&R but sold under a different brand name and are a bit cheaper. You can find them on ebay and they ship from Germany (ebay shop name is tunershop_worldwide). They are around $250 a pair.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Wheel spacers on 7.5 Trendline

There are a few wheels that look good to me in 19x8.5, but the maximum (advertised) offset is 42. I know that many wheels come as blanks, and then they machine them to achieve a desired offset. Maybe they can do +45 as well?!?

The TSI that we have ordered is for my 16yrs old daughter, so as a petrol-head father I wanted to make it look nice and sporty for her.

Someone also mentioned 19x9.5 for the rear, but that may be an overkill.

If it was my daughter the last thing I’d want is having any unwanted attention from the police. I’d go with a “safe” fitment and no spacers for no hassles

19x8.5 +45 is a known good fitment. It will depend a little on the tyre you fit and bead protection as to the last couple of mm.

I would stick with a square setup. It’ll make it 10x easier for tyre rotations and potentially selling them down the track.

Plus if you don’t have RWD there’s no need for a fatter rear tyre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 04-09-2020 at 12:33 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    If it was my daughter the last thing I’d want is having any unwanted attention from the police. I’d go with a “safe” fitment and no spacers for no hassles

19x8.5 +45 is a known good fitment. It will depend a little on the tyre you fit and bead protection as to the last couple of mm.

I would stick with a square setup. It’ll make it 10x easier for tyre rotations and potentially selling them down the track.

Plus if you don’t have RWD there’s no need for a fatter rear tyre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you & Lucas on all accounts.

The car is coming late September, will most likely go with +45 and see how it looks, and take it from there ..

Users Country Flag
    I agree with you & Lucas on all accounts.

The car is coming late September, will most likely go with +45 and see how it looks, and take it from there ..

You may want to consider a bit of lowering to finish the look as well - 19 x 8.5 ET45 on a stock Trendline will have a stilted/4WD appearance.

I'd personally be tempted to run with a good quality 17/18 inch wheel with a bit more meat on the tyre, and perhaps in the x 8 range, if you don't want to go lower.

Worth also considering the color of the car v rims etc. wheels on the 7/7.5 has ended up a bit of a project of mine over the last 6 years..

Of course if you want 19s I could be tempted to let go of my OZ..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wheel spacers on 7.5 Trendline-01-jpg   Wheel spacers on 7.5 Trendline-000-jpg  

Wheel spacers on 7.5 Trendline-3-jpg  
    Last edited by kakao; 04-09-2020 at 11:42 PM.

I am running 19 x 8.5 +44 OZ on my GTI performance....also 245 tyres to get a bit more tyre "meat"....close enough to flush....looks fine as the GTI is naturally lower......... agree with the comment that on a Trendline there will be too much fender gap with 19's... side comment ...are SSW wheels any good..they seem to do some nice 18's....0r TSW Bathurst they come in 18 x 8.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I am running 19 x 8.5 +44 OZ on my GTI performance....also 245 tyres to get a bit more tyre "meat"....close enough to flush....looks fine as the GTI is naturally lower......... agree with the comment that on a Trendline there will be too much fender gap with 19's... side comment ...are SSW wheels any good..they seem to do some nice 18's....0r TSW Bathurst they come in 18 x 8.
    Cant comment on SSW, but my good friend had TSW Nurburgring wheels on his Mk5 GTI. Wheels were nice quality overall, but had a matte grey finish on them and not only did they chip quite easily, but after about 40,000km of driving the brake dust sort of stuck to the paint and stained them over time. Perhaps if he had used low dust pads or possibly washed the car more often this would not have happened.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast