Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Accessories are you buying for your MK7 Golf?

Wow that textile sealant looks awesome!

Also an update on my foot rest, the double sided adhesive just started coming loose so I've removed the foot rest. Not sure what to do with it now, feels like a waste to throw it away but can't think of any other way to use it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Wow that textile sealant looks awesome!

Also an update on my foot rest, the double sided adhesive just started coming loose so I've removed the foot rest. Not sure what to do with it now, feels like a waste to throw it away but can't think of any other way to use it.
    Move to a LHD country?

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Vanity mirror and boot LEDs

Interestingly for the Highline, advertised as having LED interior lights, not all of them were so privileged to be graced with LEDs. The vanity mirrors, glove box and the boot lights were given standard bulbs. I've changed the vanity mirror and boot lights.

Be aware the vanity mirror LEDs I ordered are too wide to point straight down. The reasons for the different "capacity" vanity mirror LEDs are because the boot LED I originally ordered was supposed to be 42mm (16LED) but they were actually 39mm. I tried them out in the passenger side pointing towards the passenger and found they illuminate the passenger's face very well. The drivers side is pointed towards the visor to minimise excessive light desensitisation during night time driving.
    Worth keeping in mind if you're looking to replace the vanity lights.

Other people on the GolfMk7 forum have ordered these for the vanity mirrors with good results: 2x 3 SMD LED 36mm 239 272 CANBUS ERROR WHITE MAP NUMBER PLATE LIGHT FESTOON BULB | eBay
    The shots below show you how the LEDs looked pointing each way:

39mm 16LED passenger side, facing towards passenger / Standard bulb driver side.

39mm 16LED passenger side facing towards passenger / 39mm 9LED driver side facing towards driver.

The ebay links for the above LEDs are:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390749137373?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360523225737?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649 (it says 42mm in the listing heading but is actually 39mm as per the description)

I ended up ordering 42mm 33 LED light for the boot. Fortunately it is noticably brighter than the stock bulbs, the difference in person is more than the photos portray. Very happy with it, can't complain for less than $8AUD!
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111316754496?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649

Standard bulbs:

42mm 33LED light

LED parallel to the plastic cover

LED angled towards my phone
    Last edited by veew; 06-05-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Hi veew,

I was thinking of a similar upgrade. What feedback have you had from the users of the passenger vanity light? Bright white is not as flattering as a yellower light that isn't so bright. I'll need to consult the wife before I do this.

Users Country Flag
    Got the GTI in for a post-delivery paint correction and Opti-coat finish. Skipped the wheels this time as the new ones are on order, but will drop them around before fitment. I'm guessing the Mk7s will drop as much brake dust as the Mk6s!

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

I'm thinking of getting an actisafety ash-4c hud (heads up display). This seems to be the best hud (with more features and sleek looking) that I can find.

Anyone seen better or getting an hud?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hi b c, my girlfriend hasn't mentioned anything about it but if you're wife will be using it a fair bit, I suspect she'll prefer the yellow light just so she doesn't overdo the foundation lol

Dutch77, mate loving the car. I had my wheels opticoated and I hate how much dust the brakes produce, unfortunately the Opticoat doesn't allow the brake dust to simply spray off at the car wash booth (I guess the longer the brake dust is present, the more difficult it is to remove with a simple spray) but I suspect it makes it slightly easier to clean.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ameel View Post
    Anyone seen better or getting an hud?
    Whats on offer with it?

Only HUD I've seen in operation is on a VF Commodore, handy to have the speed up and IIRC it handled sat nav directions as well. However with my return to a Golf I've regained my big digital speedo between the dials which is good enough - I can glance at that quickly enough without losing concentration on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Dutch77, mate loving the car. I had my wheels opticoated and I hate how much dust the brakes produce, unfortunately the Opticoat doesn't allow the brake dust to simply spray off at the car wash booth (I guess the longer the brake dust is present, the more difficult it is to remove with a simple spray) but I suspect it makes it slightly easier to clean.
    Cheers, I'm really happy with it and the color choice.

I had my Mk6 Detroits coated and found it always wiped straight off, when I changed to the OZs I never got them coated and found a lot more effort was required to clean them (ignoring the actual design which was obviously more work anyway). The Mk7 Austins again would be easy enough to wipe but the new OZs are again on their way soon.

I will be re-reading your globe thread again though and likely doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Whats on offer with it?

Only HUD I've seen in operation is on a VF Commodore, handy to have the speed up and IIRC it handled sat nav directions as well. However with my return to a Golf I've regained my big digital speedo between the dials which is good enough - I can glance at that quickly enough without losing concentration on the road.
    Uses Obd ii port. So provides speed, rpm, water temp, fuel.

On a different version it offers gps through some very convoluted and troublesome way (need a specific Nokia phone or something).

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Did you get your interior protected too? Picking mine up shortly and will get paint done but undecided about the Leather interior?

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast