Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VW GTI DRLs and Dynamic Cornering Lights

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran78 View Post
    Hi All, thanks for the feedback. Well, that didn't stop me for enjoying my GTI either

The next question is, is there an option to retrofit the double DRLs?
    Money is better spent on a tune or some nice wheels IMO. Im sure you could retrofit headlights with a double DRL on each side but you are probably looking at $2,500 for this. That is ALOT of money for an extra DRL.

My 2015 GTI has the outer DRL's only and personally I think the GTI's look better (more aggressive) than the R's with the double DRL. The single DRL makes the car look wider IMO.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    My 2015 GTI has the outer DRL's only and personally I think the GTI's look better (more aggressive) than the R's with the double DRL. The single DRL makes the car look wider IMO.
    It's not often I disagree with you, Lucas. Alas, this is 1 of those occasions ...
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    personally I think the GTI's look better (more aggressive) than the R's with the double DRL. The single DRL makes the car look wider IMO.
    Completely agree with this. I secretly love my single DRL MY19 GTI. Plus it looks better than the R and is way more fun to drive. Fight me LOL

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by westenderbender View Post
    Completely agree with this. I secretly love my single DRL MY19 GTI. Plus it looks better than the R and is way more fun to drive. Fight me LOL
    And a lot slower .... :0
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    And a lot slower .... :0
    In all situations except doing U-turns in inner city Melbourne. GTI can do them in one then, the R needs a 3+ point turn VW GTI DRLs and Dynamic Cornering Lights

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by westenderbender View Post
    In all situations except doing U-turns in inner city Melbourne. GTI can do them in one then, the R needs a 3+ point turn VW GTI DRLs and Dynamic Cornering Lights
    True that LOL

Some of you guys are not very helpful. Sites like these are for enthusiasts looking to achieve things with their cars, or guitars, or whatever.

This may be an performance improvement, or it may be in appearance.

Money better spent on a tune or some nice wheels IMO? Why not have both? It’s not your money and isn’t what the OP was asking for. I’m sure they area ware of the tuning and wheel shops available.

Whenever someone asks a question and you feel like answering, "why?", and "don’t bother," then please don’t bother replying, it just wastes people’s time reading your bah humbug negative thoughts.

Let people have crazy ideas, or even normal ones like this. It’s a valid thought.

The correct answers are like Don, explaining what happened to the lights on the GTI. They lost a DRL and the Dynamic Light Assist function when the car became one model with all the Performance options as standard. VW giveth and VW taketh away.

The actual lights themselves are pretty expensive to purchase from VW, though not the most expensive headlights by a long shot.

They would be almost 3.8K to buy from VW and you’d have to use some parts from your current lights.

I am told the lights for the KIA Stinger are 5k each, so this is not that bad.

I too would prefer the full lighting system from before. Euro GTI’s do feature these and the Dynamic rears, and they are currently on the GTITCR model, but it has other features incompatible with me purchasing it so Idid go with the standard GTI myself last year.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    Some of you guys are not very helpful. Sites like these are for enthusiasts looking to achieve things with their cars, or guitars, or whatever.

This may be an performance improvement, or it may be in appearance.

Money better spent on a tune or some nice wheels IMO? Why not have both? It’s not your money and isn’t what the OP was asking for. I’m sure they area ware of the tuning and wheel shops available.

Whenever someone asks a question and you feel like answering, "why?", and "don’t bother," then please don’t bother replying, it just wastes people’s time reading your bah humbug negative thoughts.

Let people have crazy ideas, or even normal ones like this. It’s a valid thought.

The correct answers are like Don, explaining what happened to the lights on the GTI. They lost a DRL and the Dynamic Light Assist function when the car became one model with all the Performance options as standard. VW giveth and VW taketh away.

The actual lights themselves are pretty expensive to purchase from VW, though not the most expensive headlights by a long shot.

They would be almost 3.8K to buy from VW and you’d have to use some parts from your current lights.

I am told the lights for the KIA Stinger are 5k each, so this is not that bad.

I too would prefer the full lighting system from before. Euro GTI’s do feature these and the Dynamic rears, and they are currently on the GTITCR model, but it has other features incompatible with me purchasing it so Idid go with the standard GTI myself last year.
    What you are forgetting that this is a forum for everyone, who may not have opinions that align with yours, but never the less are entitled to express them.

If you dont like them dont read them.

Seems you have only been on here a short time compared to some, so just get used to the way things go.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=&amp]The correct answers are like Don, explaining what happened to the lights on the GTI.
    LOL geez mate, someone got hurt feelings here? We can say what we like, it’s a public forum.

What’s correct to you doesn’t make it universally correct. You sound like one of these narrow-minded woke cultists who get offended on other people’s behalf.

Veteran78, PM me if you want some more info, I'm holding off at the moment but at some point I will probably be getting these lights. I have already installed the Dynamic rear lights from the R, and European GTI. Of course that was a waste of my time and money when I asked about it here, but I love having those lights every drive.

There are other forums where questions like these, and even crazier ideas, are welcome without ridicule. Have a look at: GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum Forums - VWROC - VW R Owners Club VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast