Thread: vw golf mk7 front windscreen washer problem

Users Country Flag

vw golf mk7 front windscreen washer problem

Hi Forum!

My 2013 mk7 golf recently developed an annoying problem, the front windshield washer is not working with following observation:

1. the wiper works fine when I pull the stalk, but no water jet working sound

2. the washer fluid is full and the rear washer works just fine

I've been looking online and there's quite a lot mixed messages:

1. some people say its the fuse, then my question is which fuse should i be checking,( I did find a fuse map online so just the nubmer would be fine)

2. there's also people saying that there's no fuse for the washer pump, it all goes to BCM, then my question would be what could be the problem and how do I check for it

I would really appreciated if someone knows what could be the problem, thanks a lot!

Users Country Flag
    Pull a pipe off under the bonnet and see if the jets are blocked
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    ^^elewoe: The washer pump on a mk7 Golf is indeed fuseless - it is connected directly to the BCM (both sides of the pump motor). The good part about the washer being controlled by the BCM is that it's continuously monitored - so unless you are getting MIL messages showing on the dash about a faulty pump- the problem ain't in the motor.

I reckon Hillbilly's suggestion is your first try!

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

I also agree with Hillbilly. Check the jets first before doing anything else.

VW washer jets are known to get blocked easily, especially if non-VW washer fluid is used. I've read that they can be a PITA to unblock, so much so that some people prefer to just buy replacement jets instead.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hi guys, thank your all for helping, as it turns out, as you guys suggested, it is simply the jet is clogged. After declogging it works fine again, thank you very much guys!