Thread: VW Golf Mk7.5 Fog Lights Installation Woes

Users Country Flag

VW Golf Mk7.5 Fog Lights Installation Woes

Hi Everyone,

I'd recently purchased the front og lamp kit for my golf mk7.5. My car came factory fitted with the rear fog lights.

The kit came with the fog light units and wiring kit. I ordered the LDS separately. Its today that I realised the wiring kit is not the correct one as it came with a relay. Guess this must be for a non-OEM installation.

Would anyone know the part code for the correct wiring for the Golf MK7.5 wiring? I came across these, will these work?:OEM Wiring / Harness / Cable for Fog Lights VW Golf 7 / Octavia 3 for 60.00 € - Fog Lights

I've seen the wiring diagrams posted by the member DV52; if you're still around, would it be possible for you to share the higher resolution diagram? I wish to take a printout, hence asking.

I'm aware the fog lights need to be connected to Pin 5 & 45 respectively from the lights. Is there any connection required from the LDS to the BCM? As I mentioned, I already have rear fog lights so is this already taken care of?

Many thanks in advance.

Users Country Flag
    ^^^nibose: see my response on the Ross-Tech forum to your near identical questions

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^nibose: see my response on the Ross-Tech forum to your near identical questions

Don
    Hi,

It was me... didnt know you existed over there as well