Thread: VW Golf Mk 7.5 & R Floor Jack pick up points under chassis- is there diagrammatic

Users Country Flag

VW Golf Mk 7.5 & R Floor Jack pick up points under chassis- is there diagrammatic

Hi Folks,

As per title proper engineered locations for the 'VW Golf Mk 7.5 & R Floor Jack pick up points under chassis - is there a diagrammatic'?

For my Subaru there was a diagrammatic of allowable jacking points.

I have DIY serviced my cars for over 50 years. I have had the 2019 R Wagon three years and tires are overdue for rotation.

I have driven the R up on my ramps but have not attempted using my floor jack/s and stands.

I want to be able to jack up my Mk.7 to (a) Change rotate wheels/tyres, and also to be able to clean the wheels.

Two questions:

1. Where to jack using trolley jack?
    2. Where to put axle stands safely?

I did find this: Jacking points/Axle stands | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum
    Fronts
    Jacking point is obviously the strengthened point in the sill where its marked with an arrow. According to the tech, best axel stand point is just inboard of the front wishbone inner bush where it connects to the main subframe. The subframe is a substantial piece of kit made from sheet steel and is more then capable of taking the weight.

Rears
    As above, jacking point is the sill plate as indicated via the notch arrow in the sill.
    For the jacking point, forward of the rear suspension trailing arm where it pivots at the body, there is a box section running longitudinally from front to rear with 2 large round rubber grommets on them. Here is where the axel stand needs to go. One tip he did give me was that as the box section was coated with underseal, to avoid the metal head of the axel stand chipping the underseal, he advised using a small block of wood between the stand head and the body work.

https://youtu.be/J-CoaXtT3Go

I don't want to bugger anything.

Cheers Al
    Last edited by Call me Al; 12-05-2022 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Mistake typing

Users Country Flag
    Just buy a pinch weld jacking pad like this and jack it up via the sill where indicated by the little notches. Rubber Jacking Pad Designed for VW, SEAT, SKODA and AUDI Jacking Points | eBay

OR

Burger Motorsports Universal Pinch Weld Jack Pad Adapter – AutoInstruct

Ive used this method for all 3x of my Golf's and never damaged anything.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Call me Al View Post
    Hi Folks,

As per title proper engineered locations for the 'VW Golf Mk 7.5 & R Floor Jack pick up points under chassis - is there a diagrammatic'?

For my Subaru there was a diagrammatic of allowable jacking points.

I have DIY serviced my cars for over 50 years. I have had the 2019 R Wagon three years and tires are overdue for rotation.

I have driven the R up on my ramps but have not attempted using my floor jack/s and stands.

I want to be able to jack up my Mk.7 to (a) Change rotate wheels/tyres, and also to be able to clean the wheels.

Two questions:

1. Where to jack using trolley jack?
    2. Where to put axle stands safely?

I did find this: Jacking points/Axle stands | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum
    Fronts
    Jacking point is obviously the strengthened point in the sill where its marked with an arrow. According to the tech, best axel stand point is just inboard of the front wishbone inner bush where it connects to the main subframe. The subframe is a substantial piece of kit made from sheet steel and is more then capable of taking the weight.

Rears
    As above, jacking point is the sill plate as indicated via the notch arrow in the sill.
    For the jacking point, forward of the rear suspension trailing arm where it pivots at the body, there is a box section running longitudinally from front to rear with 2 large round rubber grommets on them. Here is where the axel stand needs to go. One tip he did give me was that as the box section was coated with underseal, to avoid the metal head of the axel stand chipping the underseal, he advised using a small block of wood between the stand head and the body work.

https://youtu.be/J-CoaXtT3Go

I don't want to bugger anything.

Cheers Al
    U can use a rag or shirt on ur jack to stop it chipping anything just make sure its lined up properly with ur jack sills front and back.. u can keep ur hand over the jack plate to make sure its lined up and then ur stands can go without any shirt or rag..... ur not gonna damage anything with ur stands just make sure theyre lined up properly as ur lowering the jack sometimes its not where u think it is if u drop it