Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VW Golf Highline Mk7.5 - DUAL LED Daytime Driving Lights???

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnvw View Post
    Hi to All,
    Rufus1000, I have purchased the 2019 golf gti, again inner drl not working. Dealership is near unresponsive. I can understand the high line not having the drl, but the gti is a concern.
    Any thoughts if the centre drl was disabled on the 2019 gig.
    Regards
    John
    Well, looks like VW Australia has managed to con their customers yet again. They have actually removed "Dynamic Cornering Lights" from the GTI and left it for the R only. Headlights are not mentioned anywhere on the VW website to prevent customers from even thinking about the headlights during their purchase. You can only find this out by downloading the GTI/R specifications brochure. You have been conned. Sorry.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by floodedout View Post
    I just picked up my MY19 GTI with all the options and the inner DRL does not turn on. Not sure how to get it working.
    See my previous post. You cannot get it to work as the new GTI does no longer sport the "Dynamic cornering lights"

Quote Originally Posted by mickofoz View Post
    Well, looks like VW Australia has managed to con their customers yet again. They have actually removed "Dynamic Cornering Lights" from the GTI and left it for the R only. Headlights are not mentioned anywhere on the VW website to prevent customers from even thinking about the headlights during their purchase. You can only find this out by downloading the GTI/R specifications brochure. You have been conned. Sorry.
    No DSG farts, no dynamic cornering lights. What else!

Hi to All,
    Just had it confirmed, 2019 gti inner drl’s Are not activated in Australia. The inner lights are not connected and are duds, bum.
    Regards
    John

Quote Originally Posted by westenderbender View Post
    No DSG farts
    At least they have done something right for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus1000 View Post
    I have been advised that the inner drl is totally non functional and cannot be switched on by any means. apparently there are no leds even in the strip. VAG decided it was a point of difference be
    tween the highline and the GTI/R
    Are you 100% on this as the R-Design TSI in Malaysia has the functioning LED inner DRL.

I have tried inspecting the lights in mine but near impossible to be sure whether there are actual LED in the inner part of the headlight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12