Support VWWC

Thread: Vektor Golf 7 Data Display

Users Country Flag

Vektor Golf 7 Data Display

This little gadget crossed my path this week. It's not at all cheap, but it does look very neat. I've seen similar things in the past for the MkVI, but nothing this fancy

Vektor RHD GOLF MK7 VII R GTI UK Data Dashboard

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    ^^^looks interesting- thanks for posting. Bit like an extended form of POLAR FIS with added extras - but geeze it's a tad pricey @ $1,300 AUD (even with the price including freight!!!). Product/price offering is clearly pitched at a niche sector of the market (high-end).

Odd that they don't make (cheaper) sub-options - perhaps without coding for those that already have diagnostic cables and without GPS capabilities, which would/should lower the price-point and would/should appeal to a greater market segment!

Not sure about the claims for some of the coding options; deactivating Start/Stop on MY19+ models might be problematic, and making any coding changes at all on MY20+ models are likely not possible because of SFD protection protocols!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 25-07-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Another option is to use Android Auto and Torque Pro on the head unit (assuming you have one which supports it). It uses a sort of cludgy work around to make it work.. but it does work apparently!

Probably cheaper even if you had to buy a new head unit... and compatible phone

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag

Some more data...
    Stage 3 (ECU & DSG)