Page 1 of 197 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Hi guys

I just got a Ross-Tech cable.. Well actually got it for my Audi,
    Though thought i might have a play with my Company car Golf also.

Though unlike the audi forum i can't find here a document that has all the cool vagcom
    coding listed.

has anyone got a list of different vagcom codes that can be used that are tried and tested ?

Thanks

Tim
    Last edited by NVRENUF; 17-04-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    my bad haha thanks

Users Country Flag
    NVRENUF:
    Ryan_R was kind enough to introduce me to the VCDS sytem in another thread. I've made some fledgling attempts to understand the basics on the Ross-Tech website (and on this forum). I have a MK7 that I'm interested in trying out the VAG com software. Can you tell me which cable you have and if you have been successful in talking to your Golf. I assume that we both have the "AU" chasis (I got this from my VIN). Ross-tech has a few different versions of thier cables (at vastly different prices), so I'm keen to understand what will work (and what will not work) on my vehicle

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    NVRENUF:
    Ryan_R was kind enough to introduce me to the VCDS sytem in another thread. I've made some fledgling attempts to understand the basics on the Ross-Tech website (and on this forum). I have a MK7 that I'm interested in trying out the VAG com software. Can you tell me which cable you have and if you have been successful in talking to your Golf. I assume that we both have the "AU" chasis (I got this from my VIN). Ross-tech has a few different versions of thier cables (at vastly different prices), so I'm keen to understand what will work (and what will not work) on my vehicle
    Hi mate, I have a Ross-tech HEX+CAN USB cable. It works fine with my daughters Mk 7 Golf. Haven't played much with it yet (she's hardly ever home) but did turn the seatbelt chime off just to test it. Ordered it direct from Ross-tech in the US for around $470 delivered to oz.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Winchy:
    Thanks for the response. If I could press you with one further question (please). What Windows operating platform are you using on your laptop?

Users Country Flag
    I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, but the order process will take you through all that. I'm sure they want to send you the right cable the first time.

I've used it with XP, Win 7, and Win 8 x64 without issue

Users Country Flag
    Winchy/Ryan_R,
    Thanks again for your input. I'm still trying to understand ther potocols for VAG COM. As I don't have a Cable yet, I thought that I would try to see what the connector signals look-like on my CRO. Started by looking at CAN_H & CAN_L pins. Didn't look like what I had imagined. I had thought that the two pins represented logic High and Logic Low (man, was I wrong!). Seems to be somekind of differential signal (which I guess is to be expected given the noisy environment). Anyway, I think that need to do a bit more reading. The journey continues!

Meh I dunno about all that, I just plug the cable in and use the thing

Page 1 of 197 1231151101 ... LastLast