Support VWWC

Thread: MK7.5 Golf R Wagon - sunroof leakage issues?

Users Country Flag

MK7.5 Golf R Wagon - sunroof leakage issues?

Are the sunroofs in the Australian mk7.5 Golf R wagon susceptible to leakage issues? I see quite a lot of negative posts about this on reddit, quite a few different reports mostly on GTI's but some R's and noting a longer vw history of having sunroof leakage issues. But they don't seem to be related to aus stock so wondering if theres known issues here. I'd be parking the car outside so if that's going to be a potential issue may have to try to find one without the sunroof, which would be a shame since the sunroof seems so nice!

Users Country Flag
    Yes it is an issue in Australia, and 99% of the time it is due to the sunroof drains being blocked with dirt/leaves/debris etc. I never had an issue with my Mk7 GTI with sunroof but it was garaged so didn't spend much time in heavy rain.

There are little sunroof cleaning brushes you can buy on ebay for a few dollars to help clean the drains out. Give the drains a check and clean once a year and you shouldn't have any issues.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Take the spider traps out of the bottom of them and all the crap will come out with the brush mentioned by Lucas I bought one from Ali Express for $2 delivered
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Take the spider traps out of the bottom of them and all the crap will come out with the brush mentioned by Lucas I bought one from Ali Express for $2 delivered
    Indeed - I strongly recommend removing the spider traps along with routine cleaning. I did neither and suffered from water ingress which got into the BCM and other electronics and turned the car into a brick for a few days. Not fun.