Page 186 of 197 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1969

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Hi I am interested to know what these readings mean. From a 2017 Golf Comfortline TSI station wagon with 34000 kms; via OBD Fusion/Carista dongle. Anything to be concerned about?Thanks very much.
    VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-fuel-trim-png
    2017 Golf Wagon 110TSI Comfortline Tumeric Yellow

2018 Mk7.5 Golf GTI. Does anyone know if it is possible to decouple the rear parking sensors from the rear view camera? I need my rear view camera when reversing into my tight garage, but the constant beeping from all sensors drives me nuts. If I turn off the sensors the camera goes with it.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Users Country Flag
    You can turn off the noise with an OBDEleven
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Splashalot View Post
    2018 Mk7.5 Golf GTI. Does anyone know if it is possible to decouple the rear parking sensors from the rear view camera? I need my rear view camera when reversing into my tight garage, but the constant beeping from all sensors drives me nuts. If I turn off the sensors the camera goes with it.
    Hi.

Yes, it is indeed possible to adjust a couple of aspects of the "constant beeping" from the sensors separate from the operation of the rear view camera (and the rear sensors separate to the front sensors too).

It's all done in the Park-assist (VCDS)/Parking Assistance (OBD11) module that normally lives @ address hex10 (VCDS)/hex76 (OBD11) on the CAN network.

The pertinent adaptation channels are:
    • MAS01426-Speaker volume for rear park assist
    • MAS01427-Speaker frequency for rear park assist
    • MAS01428-Speaker volume for front park assist
    • MAS01429-Speaker frequency for front park assist

And if you have PLA 3.0 fitted, you can also use the channel Park assist activation tone > ON/OFF

Notes:
    • The allowable values for the channels above are defined in "Stage #" - so the lower the number, the lower the frequency, or sound volume. You might want to greatly diminish the volume - rather than delete it entirely, maybe?
    • Of course if you are using OBD11 as your diagnostic tool - ignore the leading Tag number in the channel descriptor.
    • If you are asked for a security code, try 20103, or 71679.

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 25-07-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks for the responses. If I understand correctly, these measures turn off the sensors' beeping in all circumstances?

Just to clarify - what I'd like to do is have the option of turning off the beeping by using the centre console button, whilst not affecting the rear camera operation.

Basically, have the sensors operate normally at all other times apart from when reversing into my tight garage, where I can use the console button to turn them off.

Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    If I understand correctly, these measures turn off the sensors' beeping in all circumstances?
    Yes- that's correct- "in all circumstances" whenever Park Assist is active

Just to clarify - what I'd like to do is have the option of turning off the beeping by using the centre console button, whilst not affecting the rear camera operation.
    I'm happy to be told otherwise, but I'm not aware of any way to make the center console button for Park Assist operate different to factory setting (which is to turn ON/OFF the entire Park Assist function as set-up in the module channels).

Basically, have the sensors operate normally at all other times apart from when reversing into my tight garage, where I can use the console button to turn them off.
    Of course Park Assist doesn't know about reversing into your tight garage - but how about using the sound-off software button labelled 5 on the MIB screen below? (if you move your hand towards the left or right-hand side of the screen, the function buttons below should appear - the operation of the software switches should be explained in your manual)?

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 26-07-2021 at 05:09 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post

Of course Park Assist doesn't know about reversing into your tight garage - but how about using the sound-off software button labelled 5 on the MIB screen below? (if you move your hand towards the left or right-hand side of the screen, the function buttons below should appear - the operation of the software switches should be explained in your manual)?

Don
    Well they say you learn something new everyday! I never knew that menu existed. Thanks, Don - there really is no end to your helpfulness. Cheers.

Users Country Flag

Enable ACC follow distance menu

Works on my Mk 7 R. Has a replaced ACC radar 5Q0 907 572 F.

Hex 13. Auto Dist Reg.

Security access. Code 14117

Adaptation (10). IDE00899-Option for presetting of time gap. Change Off to On.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hardy_bm View Post
    Works on my Mk 7 R. Has a replaced ACC radar 5Q0 907 572 F.

Hex 13. Auto Dist Reg.

Security access. Code 14117

Adaptation (10). IDE00899-Option for presetting of time gap. Change Off to On.
    Hi Hardy_bm,
    What exactly does this setting do?

Thanks,
    Paulo.

Users Country Flag

Paulo: It's a well established tweak now for MQB platform cars - By default, the inter-vehicle distance setting of ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) is factory set to distance 3. So every time that ACC is enabled, the setting defaults to distance 3.

The tweak enables the default inter-vehicle distance value to be changed to whatever the driver chooses

Don

PS: depending on the type of hex13 module, the alternative channel can be IDE01949-Distance basic setting option > ON (and reset MIB/MMI)
    Last edited by DV52; 04-11-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Page 186 of 197 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast