Support VWWC

Page 185 of 197 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1969

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    I fixed that for you !!
    Everyones posts are THEIR opinion as far as Im aware and I dont need to be corrected, thank you.

Seems like stuff on Ali Express, lots of flashing different coloured lights that look nice????? and do SFA for practicality.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Everyones posts are THEIR opinion as far as Im aware and I dont need to be corrected, thank you.
    @Hillbilly: absolutely no need to thank me...... but alas you do "need to be corrected" because your response is so clearly wrong! Everyone's posts are NOT their opinion and it is fanciful nonsense (IMO) to believe otherwise. If forums like this was full of posts that contained opinions only, I very much doubt that it would survive long.

Shirley even you can see the difference between posts that contain opinions and posts that contain facts - and posts contain both!

Isn't the difference palpably obvious? And if you accept the separation of the two constructs, then Shirley you must agree that members authoring posts are obligated to identify their opinions lest they be confused as fact by the reader. And isn't this obligation for disclosure even more important when sentences are constructed as absolute (black and white) statements - which I suspect are intended to be read as opinion, but which can be so easily misinterpreted as fact by other forum colleagues?

More than delighted to continue this dialogue - if you believe that it has value

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 13-04-2021 at 06:23 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Who is Shirley and what does she have to do with anything.

Users Country Flag
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Haha.. This is so far off topic it is nearly falling over. I admire your technical abilities but find your posts effusive and as a relative novice sometimes over explanatory for my tired old brain. However still worthwhile once I get past the fluff.

I prefer modifications with mechanical value, not just pretty lights. But then thats just my opinion (which we are entitled to) so before we get moderated out of here I think this difference of view should be over.

Users Country Flag
    I've just got my car back after having the rear bumper and LHS Blind Spot sensor replaced after a mishap. The problem is that it still shows up as unavailable when I try and select it through the menu, even thought the repairer has assured me that they replaced everything to spec. They have booked me in with the dealer to have it scanned.

My question: is this something that I can reenable through coding with OBDEleven? As this is the culmination of a couple of **** ups that leave me with zero faith in the line that the smash repairer is spinning.
    2017 MKVII Golf GTI | Pure White | DSG | DAP

Instagram @purewhitegti

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post
    I've just got my car back after having the rear bumper and LHS Blind Spot sensor replaced after a mishap. The problem is that it still shows up as unavailable when I try and select it through the menu, even thought the repairer has assured me that they replaced everything to spec. They have booked me in with the dealer to have it scanned.

My question: is this something that I can reenable through coding with OBDEleven? As this is the culmination of a couple of **** ups that leave me with zero faith in the line that the smash repairer is spinning.

For what it's worth, (I don't know if it will work) try enabling via the main screen Menu > Vehicle etc and if that's no good, you may succeed with pressing the icon on the steering wheel which looks like a car with brackets surrounding it .
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post

Olle: Hi. Of course the problem could be due to any number of causes and it's expecting a lot for smash repairers to be fully up-to-date with the complexities of modern radar systems used in today's modules - but notwithstanding that the new module is like-for-like, I wonder if perhaps the replacement unit requires calibration?

It's not an uncommon issue when retrofitting "measurement" type modules on MQB platform vehicles -but a scan report from a diagnostic device would be a good thing to clarify the nature of the problem.

Don

Users Country Flag
    Don: Thanks for the reply - I scanned it this morning and the only code it’s throwing is:

U112300 Databus Error Received - Static

A quick Google indicates that this is usually the case when something isn’t hooked up correctly. Thoughts?

If this is the case I’ll let the dealer deal with it.

Thanks again for your help

Users Country Flag

@olle: Alas that particular error message is too general to be useful in this instance (the trouble code can be associated with lots of causes). The good thing about the trouble code is that it's "Static" - so it should be stable when the dealer tool is connected.

Don

Page 185 of 197 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast