Security Access - 31347
    Adaptation
    Umfeldleuchte als Manoevrierleuchte
    Set to Active
    Module 6C
    Coding
    Manoeuvre_Light
    Enable
    *Viewable only with Area View system, see pic below showing illumination on the ground
    under the side view mirrors
    Thanks friend!

I tried your method and finally it works!

Awesome!!!

Pic below is the result
    Last edited by fashionci; 17-03-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    i wonder if this will work with cars without the area view? i.e. puddle lights illumimate when reversing

i had a look in my 09-electrics and "Außenlicht_uebergreifend-Umfeldleuchte als Manoevrierleuchte" is currently set to "not active"
    i'll set this to active and see if it makes any difference.
    Made the change in the 09 module.
    My 6C module did not having the coding ability for Manoeuvre Light.

Nothing changed - no puddle lights when I put the car in reverse.

I notice the 09 module is now showing a warning/fault, complaining there is no databus for area view.

So definitely a no go without area view camera, as originally caveated.
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 18-03-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    Made the change in the 09 module.
    My 6C module did not having the coding ability for Manoeuvre Light.

Nothing changed - no puddle lights when I put the car in reverse.

I notice the 09 module is now showing a warning/fault, complaining there is no database for area view.

So definitely a no go without area view camera, as originally caveated.
    Wonder what will happen as mine has the 6C module and can activate that setting but not the one in 09 as its not there

Might try it in the morning Did so with no result
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 18-03-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by fashionci View Post
    Thanks friend!

I tried your method and finally it works!

Awesome!!!
    No problem, there are a bunch of mods in the VWvortex forum.

There seems to be a lot of knowledge in this thread, I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm trying to adjust the value of the door card lighting / door sill on my MK7.

I've seen a few posts on the internet mention changing:
    Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimmwert AB 16
    Leuchte17TFLR SRB3TFL R SR KC3-Dimmwert AB 17

to adust the door card brightness, however these two channels are my i
    ndicator inner left rear and indicator inner right rear so thats clearly not right!

I've looked through pretty much every channel I can think of with no luck! I'm positive these should be able to be adjusted as they're dimmable in the MIB interface.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWater View Post
    I'm positive these should be able to be adjusted as they're dimmable in the MIB interface.
    hmm.......... I do like your sense of conviction - I've never been "positive" about anything related to car lighting on MQB platform vehicles! It's really all conjecture because the good Burghers @ VW have not released any official explanation about how modules control the 35 x exterior lights on their cars!

That said, perhaps a peak at the wiring diagram for the car might be instructive? The adaptation channels in your post are taken from the Body Control Module (BCM - @ address hex09) and this module is generally responsible for car lighting on early versions of the mk7. On these cars, the entire group of 665 x adaptation channels with the term "Leuchte" in their name control lamps are directly wired to 35 x pins on the BCM.

The door sill lighting is however directly wired to the passenger (J386) & driver (J387) control modules that live @ address hex52 & hex42 respectively on the CAN network. There are no "Leuchte-sets" on either of these 2 x modules (albeit I'm not sure that this is so on the very latest Golf).

Yes, it is correct that the illumination level of the door-sill lighting is adjustable via the MENU together with the footwell lighting. If you think about how this happens, it becomes clear that since the adjustment happens in the MIB unit (which lives @ address hex5F), the control signal for footwell illumination level must be transmitted from the hex5F module to both the BCM and the 2 x door modules via the CAN bus. This has to be a software function that is determined entirely by the module firmware - there is no ability to intervene in this process, other than for the user to set the "slider position" in the MIB screen.

You might want to test my hypothesis like this:
    The Leuchte-set for the footwell lighting on is Leuchte30FR LC72 and the illumination level is determined by Dimmwert AB 30. Try changing this value to a low value -then change the "slider position" on the MENU. Re-poll this adaptation channel and you will find that the value has changed as per the "slider position" setting.

But you can add other light functions to the footwell lighting Leuchte-set (thereby affecting the door-sill lighting)- some time ago, I added the turn signal function to this Leuchte-set as an aid for a driver that had hearing difficulties (so that the footwell lighting blinked when the left/right turn signal operated - see here)

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 10-05-2020 at 12:29 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    hmm.......... I do like your sense of conviction - I've never been "positive" about anything related to car lighting on MQB platform vehicles! It's really all conjecture because the good Burghers @ VW have not released any official explanation about how modules control the 35 x exterior lights on their cars!
    Hi Don, thanks for the reply!

I've taken a look at the J387 wiring for this, my knowledge isn't great in this area but from what I can tell the door ambient lighting (W87) is controlled by J387 on the T32c connector on pin 8. It seems like a dead end to me.. Sadly not as easy as the BCM having Leuchte-sets per pin!
    VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-vkhf42j-jpg

As you mentioned theres no "Leuchte-sets" in the J387/6. I note this post however on RT
    Make interior lights less bright

Particularly:
    Code:
    IDE11477-ENG128587-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_cockpit,1.00 ,256IDE11477-ENG128619-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_dach,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128539-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_fussraum,0.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128571-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_itafel,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128555-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_lautsprecher,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128603-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_miko,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128635-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_psd,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128523-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_tuer,0.00 ,256
    The above is from the 09 BCM. Would it be possible the BCM is sending a CAN message over to the J387/6 to apply voltage based on some of these parameters?

Thanks,
    Blue.
    Last edited by BlueWater; 10-05-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWater View Post

As you mentioned theres no "Leuchte-sets" in the J387/6. I note this post however on RT
    Make interior lights less bright

Particularly:
    Code:
    IDE11477-ENG128587-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_cockpit,1.00 ,256IDE11477-ENG128619-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_dach,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128539-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_fussraum,0.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128571-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_itafel,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128555-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_lautsprecher,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128603-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_miko,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128635-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_psd,1.00 ,256
    IDE11477-ENG128523-Innenbeleuchtung Parameter-p_adaption_kundenwunsch_tuer,0.00 ,256
    The above is from the 09 BCM. Would it be possible the BCM is sending a CAN message over to the J387/6 to apply voltage based on some of these parameters?

Thanks,
    Blue.
    Blue: alas, your question is well beyond my pay-grade - but anything is likely.

TBAx (the author of Ross-Tech post for which your channel list was taken) is extremely knowledgeable - so his suggestion should be taken seriously.

According to Mr Google, in the last channel in your insert, "tuer" means "door" in Eglish - so a pertinent channel perhaps. I'm not sure what effect this channel has on J386/J387 - you could experiment if you want, maybe?

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I looked in my TIgs module and that isnt there so no go for us
    I think I may have found out how to do this on MK2 Tiguans.

In adaptions in control module 09 Central Electronics, search for “Aussenlicht_uebergreifend” > scroll down that channel until you find “umfeldleuchte als Manoevrierleuchte” > change to “Active”.
    Then in control module 6C go to long coding and change “Manoeuvre_Light” to “Active”.

I’m not game to try it in case it thrown an error up but seems like the same instructions as the Golf, just that ours is hidden in a different adaption channel.

Anyone keen to try on their Tig and confirm?

Page 177 of 197 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast