Page 176 of 197 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1969

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Does anyone know if it is possible to enable Dynamic Light Assist on a Mk7.5 GTI through coding?

I have a MY19 model that doesn’t have dynamic cornering lights or dynamic light assist advertised as standard.

It seems there are people online who have got it working on a Passat and Arteon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello DV25!
    I recently found this forum and your thread is really helpful in "completing" my VW.
    Some of the tweaks are relly mind-blowing-good!!

Recently I came up with an idea about an odd idea...
    I tried to keep the Front-Field-Lights(the puddle lights under the mirror) turned-on while reversing the car.

For my VW came up with the 360°Camera function(so called bird-view camera or something like that...), and I can see nothing on both side of the car at night when reversing into my spot, but as soon as I open my door(the puddle lights turn on), they went crystal clear...LOL

I was thinking whether I can "link" the puddle lights to the reversing-light(
    Leuchte28/29) in the way of changing the adaptations somewhere(may be in the 09.central electric...)
    But finally i came up with no result....

Would you please help me with this?

Thanks!

Fashionci

Users Country Flag
    ^^^Fashionci:thanks for the kind words - but as you can see from my attributions in the VCDS reference thread, many tweaks are authored by other colleagues (so the thread content is really a forum community exercise)

OK - as to your not so "odd idea", I don't have a definitive answer because I don't know what model car you drive, or the country of sale (where is "Mel, QL"?). However, at least for mk7s, the problem is that the Front-Field-Lights on the wing mirrors are connected to the driver & passenger side door control modules (@ address hex42 and hex52).

From memory, I don't recall that there are any physical wire connections between the door modules and the BCM (@ address hex09) - notwithstanding that the BCM does control car locking (so the BCM is wired to the door locks, sill lights etc). This means that the only way to get the reversing signal to the door control modules is via a CAN message - but again for mk7s down here in the Antipodes, there are no Leuchte-sets in either the driver, or passenger door modules to receive this message. So alas, I don't think the tweak is possible.

One of my tweaks on the VCDS thread is to co-opt the high level Brake light as a reversing light. I found that using the 3rd Brake light when reversing provided extra "general illumination" - which helped when backing the vehicle,.

The other way of achieving (at least in part) illumination at the side of the vehicle is to switch-on the front fog lights when reversing. Fog lights (if fitted) have a wide lateral spread pattern that lights-up the side of the vehicle and they are used as static cornering lights for this reason.

If you are using static AFS on your car - try changing IDE03638-ENG116673-static AFS light-bei Rueckwaertsfahrt to the value,
    on in the BCM.

Don

Last edited by DV52; 13-03-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^Fashionci:thanks for the kind words - but as you can see from my attributions in the VCDS reference thread, many tweaks are authored by other colleagues (so the thread content is really a forum community exercise)

OK - as to your not so "odd idea", I don't have a definitive answer because I don't know what model car you drive, or the country of sale (where is "Mel, QL"?). However, at least for mk7s, the problem is that the Front-Field-Lights on the wing mirrors are connected to the driver & passenger side door control modules (@ address hex42 and hex52).

From memory, I don't recall that there are any physical wire connections between the door modules and the BCM (@ address hex09) - notwithstanding that the BCM does control car locking (so the BCM is wired to the door locks, sill lights etc). This means that the only way to get the reversing signal to the door control modules is via a CAN message - but again for mk7s down here in the Antipodes, there are no Leuchte-sets in either the driver, or passenger door modules to receive this message. So alas, I don't think the tweak is possible.

One of my tweaks on the VCDS thread is to co-opt the high level Brake light as a reversing light. I found that using the 3rd Brake light when reversing provided extra "general illumination" - which helped when backing the vehicle,.

The other way of achieving (at least in part) illumination at the side of the vehicle is to switch-on the front fog lights when reversing. Fog lights (if fitted) have a wide lateral spread pattern that lights-up the side of the vehicle and they are used as static cornering lights for this reason.

If you are using static AFS on your car - try changing IDE03638-ENG116673-static AFS light-bei Rueckwaertsfahrt to the value,
    on in the BCM.

Don

Thanks my friend!

After reading you answer, I can understand how the puddle lights work.

Actually this idea came from one of my friend in China, they got some BYD(name of the brand) electic cars with this feature.

Thanks again for the reply!

I am now considering wiring the puddle lights with the front fog lights.VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

通过我的 SM-G9700 上的 Tapatalk发言

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by fashionci View Post
    Thanks my friend!

After reading you answer, I can understand how the puddle lights work.

Actually this idea came from one of my friend in China, they got some BYD(name of the brand) electic cars with this feature.

Thanks again for the reply!

I am now considering wiring the puddle lights with the front fog lights.VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Be better to have them with the reversing lights wouldnt it as thats what you wanted them for
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Be better to have them with the reversing lights wouldnt it as thats what you wanted them for
    You can underatand my 'odd idea' betterVCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by fashionci View Post

Fasionci: hmm...... that's an interesting proposal!!

Regardless of whether you use reverse lights, or fog lights and if you just connect the lamp wires together to achieve parallel operation - I make the following observations:
    • I'm not sure how the internal circuits inside the BCM and the Door modules will react if the module that isn't supplying current sees a back-fed 12V source from the module that is supplying the paralleled lights.
    • I'm almost certain that the Door control module won't like supplying extra electrical current to the (relatively) high wattage fog/reverse lamp - given that the internal ciruit for the pin on the door module is designed to run the low-current puddle light

So. if you proceed and as a conservative design for your proposal, I suggest that you provide "blocking diodes" in the circuit (as in my picture).

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 14-03-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Fasionci: hmm...... that's an interesting proposal!!

Regardless of whether you use reverse lights, or fog lights and if you just connect the lamp wires together to achieve parallel operation - I make the following observations:
    • I'm not sure how the internal circuits inside the BCM and the Door modules will react if the module that isn't supplying current sees a back-fed 12V source from the module that is supplying the paralleled lights.
    • I'm almost certain that the Door control module won't like supplying extra electrical current to the (relatively) high wattage fog/reverse lamp - given that the internal ciruit for the pin on the door module is designed to run the low-current puddle light

So. if you proceed and as a conservative design for your proposal, I suggest that you provide "blocking diodes" in the circuit (as in my picture).

Don
    Thanks for being so thoughtful!

The circuit diagram really helps a lot!

Now I am discussing it with my friend.

We decide to use a 3-Terminal Voltage Regulator to maintain 12v within the puddle lights' circuit.

But still there are some spec-details to test and decide, eg. the wiring route, the puddle-lights' max current, and others.

After all, thanks again!

I will update when the project is done.

Users Country Flag

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

This should be easier for you

Enable Mirror LED Light for night parking*
    Module 09
    Security Access - 31347
    Adaptation
    Umfeldleuchte als Manoevrierleuchte
    Set to Active
    Module 6C
    Coding
    Manoeuvre_Light
    Enable
    *Viewable only with Area View system, see pic below showing illumination on the ground
    under the side view mirrors
    Last edited by SdvolksArteon; 16-03-2020 at 02:09 AM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SdvolksArteon View Post
    This should be easier for you

Enable Mirror LED Light for night parking*
    Module 09
    Security Access - 31347
    Adaptation
    Umfeldleuchte als Manoevrierleuchte
    Set to Active
    Module 6C
    Coding
    Manoeuvre_Light
    Enable
    *Viewable only with Area View system, see pic below showing illumination on the ground
    under the side view mirrors
    i wonder if this will work with cars without the area view? i.e. puddle lights illumimate when reversing

i had a look in my 09-electrics and "Außenlicht_uebergreifend-Umfeldleuchte als Manoevrierleuchte" is currently set to "not active"
    i'll set this to active and see if it makes any difference.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Page 176 of 197 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast