Page 167 of 197 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1969

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Hi DV52, Can you help me activate Traffic jam Assist in Melbourne? Probably not the right forum but was wondering if you can help for a charge ?

Users Country Flag
    ^^^ hmm........ TJA activation requires knowledge of the "Black-Arts" - as I understand, the tweak needs coding changes to module firmware (via a VCP cable).

I believe that Kamold (he/she? is a "super moderator" on this forum) has a financial arrangement with a third party for the IP for this tweak.

My suggestion is that you PM Kamold (he/she is in Sydney, but it may be possible to remotely connect to your car)

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Don,
    The information is in the vcp forum.
    I don't have any exclusive access to it.
    I was assisted by Rainesh in Europe initially so was happy to pass on recompense to him. I would not have initially been able to do this without his help.

I'm happy to assist you with this if you like, but would I ask that you consider passing on a token of appreciation to him. It's not a requirement.
    This isn't a pyramid scheme, I don't want anything in the middle.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Rain closing adaptation problem

Hey all,
    I’m trying to set my 2013 TDI Golf up for rain closing, however, I cannot find the first 2 adaptation lines from the drop down (see picture), any chance they may be called something else?

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-5fb750a5-093d-47d9-a73e-5102136993ea-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruff_dog View Post
    Hey all,
    I’m trying to set my 2013 TDI Golf up for rain closing, however, I cannot find the first 2 adaptation lines from the drop down (see picture), any chance they may be called something else?
    hmm......... the 2 x adaptation channels should be there in the BCM as per your screen shots except for what RT calls "Tags" which are leading descriptors in the channel name like IDE08542-ENG125656-Access control 2-Regenschliessen_art and IDE08542-ENG125655-Access control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus.

If your BCM was post MY16, then you would need to substitute Access control 2 for ZV Komfort - but that doesn't need to happen on your 2013 car.

Don

PS: Assuming you are using RT software that's newer than the version 12.12.2 in the picture - you should use the search box on the Open Controller screen to find these channels.

Tip: enter search text with only the last part of the channel name (not the full name) For example, for IDE08542-ENG125656-Access control 2-Regenschliessen_art, enter Regenschliessen_art only into the search box
    Last edited by DV52; 26-05-2019 at 10:18 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Hi
    stupid question
    Have a passat B6 PASSAT VARIANT (3C5) 2006
    Win nr WVWZZZ3CZ6E160421

No. 44 is the same security code as Golf
    Has J500 with Item 1K1 909 144K
    Have found the ross-tech forum that it should be 40168 for and do the basics setting, but is it right?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ole passat View Post
    Hi
    stupid question
    Have a passat B6 PASSAT VARIANT (3C5) 2006
    Win nr WVWZZZ3CZ6E160421

No. 44 is the same security code as Golf
    Has J500 with Item 1K1 909 144K
    Have found the ross-tech forum that it should be 40168 for and do the basics setting, but is it right?
    hmm...... I suspect that when you say "No. 44 is the same security code as Golf" you really don't mean a Golf mk7 - because these are built on a MQB platform and according to the web, the B6 is built on a variant of the PQ46 platform.

In any event the security code for the hex44 module (Steering assist) on a Golf mk7 is 19249, 28183 and 44595.

I suggest that you ask your question over on the mk5 forum.

Don

Users Country Flag

VCDS: How to "Auto-Restore" your adaptation channels to factory settings

It's a not uncommon request on forums - "How do I get the adaptation channel values in my control module back to factory setting?"

Alas, the answer was NO - it can't be done! Instead users have had to first find the "before-change" channel settings from the history file in the device and then separately restore these values manually one-by-one.

Enter Ross-Tech and their latest HEX series product - now it's easy IF THE USER MAKES A DATABASE - BEFORE MAKING CHANGES and this is how it's done:

Note: a modern HEX-NET or HEX-V2 interface is required - this procedure will NOT work with older HEX+CAN, or Micro CAN cables.

FIRST - CREATE A DATABASE OF THE CAR'S "VIRGIN" CHANNEL SETTINGS.

Not surprisingly, the restore procedure needs a reference source of factory settings for each separate vehicle because adaptation channel values vary with individual cars (due in the main to the options fitted).
    To make this database:
    1. From the first VCDS screen, select Applications
    2. From the Applications screen, select Controller Channel Map
    3. The "Maps" dialogue box appears as shown
    4. In the dialogue box - change the settings by entering the relevant details and selecting Adaptations in "Functions" and Raw HEX in "Output". Note: consider using "Whole Vehicle (CAN Only)" - for cars that use CAN-Bus diagnostics
    5. Press the Go button and wait for the procedure to finish.
    6. repeat the process for every control module in the car. Note: modern MQB vehicles can have upward of 6,000 adaptation channels -so the process can take quite a while. Therefore, either use a battery charger or let the engine idle).

When this procedure completes, VCDS will put a series of new files in the directory C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs. These files will have the format:
    • apdhex-hex address-module part number_VIN-date(yyyymmdd)-time (hhmm).CSV

SECOND - RESTORE ADAPTATION CHANNEL SETTINGS

1. From the first VCDS screen, select Applications
    2. From the Applications screen, select Controller Channel Map
    3. In the dialogue box - change the settings by entering the module address and make sure that you enter the module security access code. Select Restore Adaptations in "Functions":
    4. Press "Go"
    5. As prompted by VCDS software- navigate and select the correct file in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs sub-directory. For the settings in the screenshot above, my file was adphex-42-5Q4-959-593-B_WVWZZZAUZEW015673-20190714-1443.CSV
    6. Select "Yes" at the following screen:
    7. the procedure completes successfully with the last screen below (view the log report if so inspired!):

That's it - the adaptation channels in the module are reset to the original factory values!!
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 14-07-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Don brilliant post!

I'll just add, that if all else fails and someone is desperate because they have messed up beyond recovery, there is hope.

You can go to your dealer and they will be able to use SVM (software version management) to restore a module's coding to the original factory values pulled from VW Orbital HQ. Usually.....

It's not free and expect to pay for an hour of workshop time.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Anyone on here own a manual 7.5 Original GTI?
    Hoping someone can do an autoscan on their car or may have a saved copy.
    Converted mine to manual and want to compare some long coding.

Page 167 of 197 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast