Support VWWC

Page 49 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Ignition on alarm - Disable

Disable Ignition-on alarm when Driver's Door open

In looking over the list of VCDS tweaks on this thread, it stuck me that this is one that may be useful to many and that had been omitted. There are lot's of copies of this tweak on many forum sites, so it's difficult to acknowledge where it originated.

The other reason that I wanted to add this (simple) tweak here, was to demonstrate the niffy new "search" facility that has been included into the new Beta version of Ross-Tech's software (ver 15.6.0). This new feature is particularly useful when searching through the 2,000-ish adaptation channels in the BCM of MQB platform vehicles like the mk7. Well done Ross-Tech and their super code-cutter, Eric for this timely addition to an already awesome piece of software!

Anyhow, as suggested by the title of the post, this tweak disables the annoying alarm that occurs when the driver's door is opened whilst the ignition is turned-on. This is now a "mature" tweak and I can vouch that it works on my car.

Instructions
    1. From the Select Control Module screen, click 17-Instrument
    2. As shown in the top part of the picture below, select Adaptation-10 in the Open Controller screen (no need for a security code for this tweak)
    3. If you are running Ross-Tech's latest Beta version software, a new dialogue box appears in the familiar Adaptation channel selection screen (see the lower part of the picture below). Type-in the word "ignition" into the Search box
    4. Click the down-arrow at the RHS of the Channel box and the adaptation channel ignition active message: actuator should appear as the only entry - real neat huh? The default entry for this channel should be Driver's door as shown in the picture below
    5. Select No display in the New value box and click Do it!
    6. Exit the RT software and turn-off the ignition.
    7. With the driver's door closed, turn-on the ignition. Then open the driver's door - hear the deafening sound of silence!!
    Last edited by DV52; 12-06-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Hi all, is there a tweak available to prevent the HVAC system from remembering a previous on-setting when starting your engine after the ignition has been switched off for a long period of time? It seems odd that when I start my car the next day, my HVAC system immediately starts blowing cold air until the heating unit gets some temperature into it. I know it's not difficult to turn the HVAC off, but since there's a tweak for the heated front seats that provides various options, I was wondering if similar options are available for the HVAC system.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabiz View Post
    ECS off via button. - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

has anyone done this yet? it fully disables ESC through the button.
    i do it about year ago. just switches between activated menu items in ESP Menu
    short press - first mode
    long press - second mode
    in my case: first - ASR OFF, second - ESC OFF
    again sty for bad english)))
    u can look my video
    https://youtu.be/gsiYWYRLpHU

Users Country Flag

Frustrated over rain close -- works only within 5 min.!

I have tried the VAGCOM setup several times. I have a 2015 Golf Mk7 and it has an RLS rain sensor. I shut off the ignition, open windows, put the wiper stalk up one position (intermittent/sensor) get out and lock the doors with the fob. Rain closing works every time, but only within about 5 minutes of shutting the car down. Wait 15 minutes or more and rain closing doesn't work! I can repeat this every time I test.

The control module must be going to sleep and there's probably something else needing to be set.

Users Country Flag

Red face Finally got Automaic Rain Close Working! -= 2015 SE with RLS sensor

So I finally have successfully enabled rain closing in my 2015 Golf SE w/lighting. Mine has the RLS sensor.

Here are the steps that I took:

1. Hook up the VCDS cable and open the VCDS application on your laptop. Then turn on the ignition, but do not start the engine.
    2. Go into [09] Central Electronics
    3. Go into Security Access and enter 31347
    4. Go to Adaptation and change the following:
    · (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
    · (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanen
    · (28 ) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set to Active (enables the menu in the Infotainment screen)

5. Go back and into Coding in [09] Central Electronics and selected from the pulldown to select “RLS.” I used the Long Coding Helper to check the following boxes:
    · Byte 0 bit 1: Rain/Light sensor active
    · Byte 0 bit 2: Rain closing active
    · This sets coding from 00A8DD to 06A8DD. Note that you can also enter the value 06A8DD directly.

6. Go to the Infotainment screen in the car to go to Car then Setup then “Factory Settings,” then “Reset Mirror and Wiper Settings.” Go back to “Car” and “Settings: and check “Automatic Closing in Rain” if it is not already checked. Check that the “Rear Wiper in Reverse” box is also checked. Make sure that the “Convenience Close” has been selected, not inactive.

7. After that, just make sure the wiper stalk is up one from the bottom position to the intermittent position.

8. Open window(s) and/or sunroof. Turn off the ignition and remove the key/fob. Lock the doors with remote fob.

9. After a few minutes spray water on the windshield over the sensor and the windows should close

Some observations:

· If I unchecked the “Rear Wiper in Reverse’ box, the windows would only close once but not again unless I did another factory reset.
    · If the stalk was in the intermittent position for the windshield and rear wipers, it would still work.
    · The wiper stalk does not need to be in the rear intermittent position, but it's not a problem if it is. · Follow the correct sequence: close doors, ignition on, lower window(s), ignition off, remove key, lock door with fob. If you unlock the car, you must go through this sequence again.
    Last edited by pbrowne; 26-06-2015 at 05:39 AM. Reason: formatting

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by fontana302 View Post

I have successfully coded:

fan speed indicator in climate control knob
    a/c recirculation
    comfort blinking cycles
    wiper tear drop
    drl menu in infotainment unit
    sunroof comfort open instead of tilt
    windows up/down with door open
    CH/LH light auto activation & time duration alteration
    inner tail lights as brake lights
    start/stop off
    traffic info on
    driving school mode on
    sound actuator off

Logs all fine.
    The 'sunroof comfort open instead of tilt' tweak hasn't been outlined anywhere in this thread has it? If so I must have missed it! Anyone know how to do that one?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zloybob View Post
    03 - 25004 for Brake Booster adaptation
    if u need more logins for 03 block, tell me what u want change in adaptations, coz for each option own login
    sry for bad english xD

Hi

I need Security Code for "Seat belt buckle scan" adaptation.
    I have Auto HOLD function and it does not active when seat belt is not buckled up.

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuray View Post
    Hi

I need Security Code for "Seat belt buckle scan" adaptation.
    I have Auto HOLD function and it does not active when seat belt is not buckled up.

Thanks.
    hello, This adaptation is not for this, I think so too =)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zloybob View Post
    hello, This adaptation is not for this, I think so too =)

Oh OK then. O thought this is only related thing to do this.

Is there anyone knows any solution for those things:
    1-
    Minimum speed for activating Cruise Control(Not ACC, the min. speed is 20km/h)
    2- Activating HOLD function without seatbelt
    3- Starting engine without pressing Brake Pedal (Car is not equipped with Keyless, regular key)

Turn off DRL when Low Beam?

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Bill: Good to hear from you again - How about sending down some of that warm England sunshine? It's "brass monkey" weather down here!

I had thought that I sent my email details - but I just re-checked in my "sent" file and it's not there- apology. Will remedy my error shortly. I'm keen to get more UK mk7 models into my database - so I'm looking forward to receiving your admaps

I'm familiar with the "August 2012" Wiring diagrams. I've just re-checked the information in my version with the VW wiring diagram for the rotary light switch (which VW calls EX1) and the connection data is the same (I think). The diagrams themselves are different because I created the version in my picture. But I believe that the information in the two documents is compatible!

The best way for me to explain the anatomy of the descriptors that VW use for their Leuchte channels is by way of an example. I've randomly chosen the left Daylight Running light from my car for this purpose and I've pasted below the Leuchte channel set for this lamp

Here's how I believe that VW's nomenclature operates:
    Column #1: is a raw identifier and a complete Leuchte channel-set has 19 channels (hence the parentheses 1 to 19)
    Column #2: is a simple statement of the nature of the adaptation channel meaning "lamp" in English (I think)
    Column #3: the number "4" always aligns with the "4" in column #8. "TFL" is the German abbreviation for the nominal light function. In this case TFL stands for TagFahrLicht which is German for "Daytime Running Light" (I think). I've provided a complete list of these abbreviations in my paper.
    Column #4: The "L" means "Links" which means "Left" in English (for left side of the car).The right side laps will have the abbreviation "R" for Reicht in German. B4 is the connection point of wire for this Leuchte channel set on the BCM. If you look at VW's PIN-OUT diagram for the BCM on your car, you should find the information below

Notice that the PIN-OUT confirms the Leuchte channel information. That is, PIN-4 on socket B is connected to the Left DRL (Hence the descriptor B4). I'm really not sure how your lamps are configured in England, but this is primarily how I produced the location pictures for the lights on my car in my paper (i.e. by linking the Leuchte channel information with the BCM PIN-OUT data). You will find the PIN-OUT designations at the back part of VW's "Basic equipment" document (this is the same as the wiring diagram for August 2012 that you mentioned earlier).
    Column #5: is the descriptor for the function of the adaptation channel.
    Column #6: there is only one channel that has the HD setting (i.e. Channel (7)). This channel determines what the lamp will do when the hatch lid is opened. HD stands for "HeckDeckel" which means "Rear Lid "in English. There are just 2 x allowable settings for this channel: "Only if closed" and "always"
    Column #7: this is the "apha" identifier that I describe in my paper. A Leuchte channel-set has 8 x alpha channels that can be individually programmed. Each "alpha pair" is then given a "Dimmwert value" (i.e. 0-100 from incandescent lamps and 0-127 for LEDs) and a "Dimming direction" value (of either "maximise", or "minimise"
    Column #8: this part of the descriptor links the Leuchte channel-set to the lamp's twin channel-set titled "Lighting Configuration". In the same way that there are 665 x Leuchte channels, there are also 665 x Lighting Configuration channels in the BCM. Each Leuchte channel set has its twin "lighting configuration set". Read my paper regarding my theory about how the two are related.
    Column #9: This is the setting for the adaptation channel. Allowable values vary but I have included a complete list of all the allowable settings in the latest version of my paper.

I've now had the instrument cluster lighting tweak operating in my car for about 6 weeks now and I reckon that it's very nice indeed-even if I say so myself! The two dials in the cluster are illuminated during daylight hours and the dimming level adjusts according to the light level in the cabin. The "anchor point" of Hex 64 appears to be just right (IMO) and I think that it's no coincidence that this value is decimal 100. I suspect that VW had this value in mind when they set-up the response characteristics of the photo-transistor in the cluster assembly (this is an entirely unproven hypothesis, but I don't believe in coincidences!).

Cheers
    Don
    Hi Don,

Thanks for lots detail about the light settings!

I got a question is about DRL setting, it possible to turn off DRL while normal driving with Low Beam turns on?

Thanks very much,

Brian Tien

Page 49 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast