Page 48 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Hello Don,

Your photo of the rotary switch is different to the one in my wiring diagram, which is "Golf Basic Equipment from August 2012". I am wondering if I have the incorrect diagrams or is the Australian version different?

Can you advise how you ascertained what each light is for as an example: "Leuchte23SL HLC10 Lichtfunktion C23"? It appears you have devised a way of interpreting what each code means and I would be interested in this information so that I can translate my admaps.

Our last discussion was on the Ross Tech forum and you were going to PM me with your email address so I could send you my admaps, but I have not seen any messages, could you confirm if you still want them.

I have not had time to change X5=64 on the dash panel lighting yet but would like to know what difference this will make.

Thanks
    Bill.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bloggo View Post
    Hello Don
    Bill.
    Bill: Good to hear from you again - How about sending down some of that warm England sunshine? It's "brass monkey" weather down here!

Our last discussion was on the Ross Tech forum and you were going to PM me with your email address so I could send you my admaps, but I have not seen any messages, could you confirm if you still want them.
    I had thought that I sent my email details - but I just re-checked in my "sent" file and it's not there- apology. Will remedy my error shortly. I'm keen to get more UK mk7 models into my database - so I'm looking forward to receiving your admaps

Your photo of the rotary switch is different to the one in my wiring diagram, which is "Golf Basic Equipment from August 2012". I am wondering if I have the incorrect diagrams or is the Australian version different?
    I'm familiar with the "August 2012" Wiring diagrams. I've just re-checked the information in my version with the VW wiring diagram for the rotary light switch (which VW calls EX1) and the connection data is the same (I think). The diagrams themselves are different because I created the version in my picture. But I believe that the information in the two documents is compatible!

Can you advise how you ascertained what each light is for as an example: "Leuchte23SL HLC10 Lichtfunktion C23"? It appears you have devised a way of interpreting what each code means and I would be interested in this information so that I can translate my admaps
    The best way for me to explain the anatomy of the descriptors that VW use for their Leuchte channels is by way of an example. I've randomly chosen the left Daylight Running light from my car for this purpose and I've pasted below the Leuchte channel set for this lamp

Here's how I believe that VW's nomenclature operates:
    Column #1: is a raw identifier and a complete Leuchte channel-set has 19 channels (hence the parentheses 1 to 19)
    Column #2: is a simple statement of the nature of the adaptation channel meaning "lamp" in English (I think)
    Column #3: the number "4" always aligns with the "4" in column #8. "TFL" is the German abbreviation for the nominal light function. In this case TFL stands for TagFahrLicht which is German for "Daytime Running Light" (I think). I've provided a complete list of these abbreviations in my paper.
    Column #4: The "L" means "Links" which means "Left" in English (for left side of the car).The right side laps will have the abbreviation "R" for Reicht in German. B4 is the connection point of wire for this Leuchte channel set on the BCM. If you look at VW's PIN-OUT diagram for the BCM on your car, you should find the information below

Notice that the PIN-OUT confirms the Leuchte channel information. That is, PIN-4 on socket B is connected to the Left DRL (Hence the descriptor B4). I'm really not sure how your lamps are configured in England, but this is primarily how I produced the location pictures for the lights on my car in my paper (i.e. by linking the Leuchte channel information with the BCM PIN-OUT data). You will find the PIN-OUT designations at the back part of VW's "Basic equipment" document (this is the same as the wiring diagram for August 2012 that you mentioned earlier).
    Column #5: is the descriptor for the function of the adaptation channel.
    Column #6: there is only one channel that has the HD setting (i.e. Channel (7)). This channel determines what the lamp will do when the hatch lid is opened. HD stands for "HeckDeckel" which means "Rear Lid "in English. There are just 2 x allowable settings for this channel: "Only if closed" and "always"
    Column #7: this is the "apha" identifier that I describe in my paper. A Leuchte channel-set has 8 x alpha channels that can be individually programmed. Each "alpha pair" is then given a "Dimmwert value" (i.e. 0-100 from incandescent lamps and 0-127 for LEDs) and a "Dimming direction" value (of either "maximise", or "minimise"
    Column #8: this part of the descriptor links the Leuchte channel-set to the lamp's twin channel-set titled "Lighting Configuration". In the same way that there are 665 x Leuchte channels, there are also 665 x Lighting Configuration channels in the BCM. Each Leuchte channel set has its twin "lighting configuration set". Read my paper regarding my theory about how the two are related.
    Column #9: This is the setting for the adaptation channel. Allowable values vary but I have included a complete list of all the allowable settings in the latest version of my paper.

have not had time to change X5=64 on the dash panel lighting yet but would like to know what difference this will make.
    I've now had the instrument cluster lighting tweak operating in my car for about 6 weeks now and I reckon that it's very nice indeed-even if I say so myself! The two dials in the cluster are illuminated during daylight hours and the dimming level adjusts according to the light level in the cabin. The "anchor point" of Hex 64 appears to be just right (IMO) and I think that it's no coincidence that this value is decimal 100. I suspect that VW had this value in mind when they set-up the response characteristics of the photo-transistor in the cluster assembly (this is an entirely unproven hypothesis, but I don't believe in coincidences!).

Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 28-05-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Hello Don,

I have emailed the info but I can't locate your paper, could you let me have the link?

Thanks
    Bill.
    Last edited by bloggo; 29-05-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hello Don,

I have emailed the info but I can't locate your paper, could you let me have the link?

Thanks
    Bill.
    Bill; received your email - very nice set of admaps indeed! Thanks for sending them.

You can find a copy of the latest version of my paper on Leuchte programming HERE My apology, but unfortunately it's a 12 page document at present -too long, I think. My intention is to cull the diatribe when I get some spare time.

Also, I'm not sure if you have had a chance to visit VwWatercooled's reference thread for mk7 VCDS tweaks. I've put a bunch of other stuff on this thread HERE which may be of interest.
    Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 29-05-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Bill; received your email - very nice set of admaps indeed! Thanks for sending them.

You can find a copy of the latest version of my paper on Leuchte programming HERE My apology, but unfortunately it's a 12 page document at present -too long, I think. My intention is to cull the diatribe when I get some spare time.

Also, I'm not sure if you have had a chance to visit VwWatercooled's reference thread for mk7 VCDS tweaks. I've put a bunch of other stuff on this thread HERE which may be of interest.
    Cheers
    Don
    Thanks Don.

Regards
    Bill.

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys,

anyway to disable the bulb out system on the Low beams and Highbeams. Planning a xenon projector retrofit. (not the actual higher model headlights, but a traditional projector install), and i was hoping to get rid of the bulb out light without having to use a canbus system or an error canceller.

Users Country Flag
    Zloybob: thank you sir! I will try those and report effectiveness when I've got the cycles free to play with them. MUCH appreciated.

Don: after MUCH playing I think that I've determined that no matter how I code my tails, the dimmer wire from the harness to the rotary switch causes the dash lights to brighten up. I've tapped position 10 on the referenced harness for my P3Cars gauge, and since the Scandanavian running lights tweak is tied to the Parking Lights function, the desired outcome isn't possible.

Without the Scandanavian DRL tweak, here's the observed behaviour:

Headlight Switch Position: Off and all lights are off / Dash Dimming:variable, low brightness / P3Cars: Bright
    Headlight Switch Position: Auto and DRLs on / parkers off / Dash Dimming:variable, low brightness / P3Cars: Bright
    Headlight Switch Position: DRL and DRLs on / parkers on / Dash Dimming:high brightness / P3Cars: dimmed
    Headlight Switch Position: Headlights and Low beams, DRLs and parkers on / Dash Dimming:high brightness / P3Cars: dimmed

With the Scandanavian DRL tweak, here's the observed behaviour:

Headlight Switch Position: Off and all lights are off / Dash Dimming:variable, low brightness / P3Cars: Bright
    Headlight Switch Position: Auto and DRLs on / parkers on / Dash Dimming:variable, low brightness / P3Cars: dimmed
    Headlight Switch Position: DRL and DRLs on / parkers on / Dash Dimming:high brightness / P3Cars: dimmed
    Headlight Switch Position: Headlights and Low beams, DRLs and parkers on / Dash Dimming:high brightness / P3Cars: dimmed

I was / am(?) after a config that will give me DRLs and parkers in Auto with the dash dimming as variable AND the P3Cars bright - this is my preferred "set it and forget it" for the car.

I got everything I wanted but the Parking Lights with DRL's in the Auto position and a bright gauge for daytime driving, so I unless a re-code ALL the parking lights as another sort of light that needs to be on during the day and the night, I can't see it working as I want.

The parking lights APPEAR to cause the cause the gray wire at headlight switch position 10 to energize - this lights up the dash and dims the P3Cars gauge.

I am considering this re-coding of all the parking lights as something else, but that's a LOT of squeeze for little juice, if any. I don't think an instrument dimming curve re-code effort would do what I want as the setting seems tied to the parking lights - "Tagfahrlicht - Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht auswählen" seems pretty straightforward. If I could figure out how the dimming algorithm works and what lds means as per my first post I might get closer...

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted and thanks for the assist, sir, much appreciated.

I'll also feed back any success with the codes Zloybob supplied for your reference and community benefit.

tGo

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by noodile View Post
    Hey guys,

anyway to disable the bulb out system on the Low beams and Highbeams. Planning a xenon projector retrofit. (not the actual higher model headlights, but a traditional projector install), and i was hoping to get rid of the bulb out light without having to use a canbus system or an error canceller.
    Noodile: Hello to you way up there in Egypt!

Not sure that I understand your question - do you intend to change the 4 x halogen lamps with 4 x HID kits (rather than replacing the headlight assemblies)? If so, I'm assuming that you want to drive the new Xenon lamps and their ballasts via a relay circuit - hence your concern about the CAN-bus error messages. Is this correct?

The adaptation channel-sets for your halogen lamps will be :

• Leuchte6ABL LC5- Left Low Beam
    • Leuchte13NL RB5- Right Low Beam
    • Leuchte8FL LB39- Left High Beam
    • Leuchte9FL RB2- Right High Beam

In each of these channel-sets, the adaptation channels with parenthesis (2) and (3) perform circuit monitoring and lamp error reporting (I believe). The general descriptors for these channels are:
    • (2)-Leuchte#### ###-Lampendefektbitposition # (Lamp-defect-position)
    • (3)-Leuchte#### ###-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC # (Fault Middle Byte DTC DFCC)

Unfortunately, not much is known about these mysterious channels outside of VW and I have been unable to find any information regarding how these channels operate. However, I believe that that the settings in these two channels refer to memory locations in the BCM because the individual hexadecimal values for these two channels only appear once for any of the active lamps in a particular vehicle. Please note that this is an unproven hypothesis based purely on observation.

The current settings on your car for these two channels are

Lamp Adap channel (2) Adap channel (3)
    Left Low Beam
    1A
    Right Low Beam
    1B
    Left High Beam
    1C
    Right High Beam
    1D

I assume that you are aware that on the mk7, the rotary light switch is connected to the BCM and it is this control module that directly drives each of the exterior lights via a separate set of pins.

Just as a suggestion, you could try altering the settings on these adaptation channels to 00 on the four channel sets that I identified in the first part of my post above. (i.e. change 8 x adaptation channels in total). I have noticed that VW program the unused Leuchte channel-sets this way. So, this setting might have the affect of shutting-down the fault monitoring/reporting facilities for your high/low beam lights. Please note that this suggestion is untested - but please provide feedback if you try it (any information will add another piece in the jigsaw puzzle)

Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 02-06-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Just had the following done today...

- Traffic
    - Indicator flash x4 (instead of 3)
    - Alarm beep (chirp) on lock/unlock
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

Users Country Flag

ECS off via button. - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

has anyone done this yet? it fully disables ESC through the button.
    GTI PP Mk7
    My grandma used to say...

Page 48 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast