Support VWWC

Thread: replacing GTI's cloth with leather seats (and door cards)

replacing GTI's cloth with leather seats (and door cards)

Hi,

Has anyone looked into this? what sort of coin do you think it would run?

Purchasing a full interior from a wrecker might be the best option and you could then recoup some costs by selling your cloth seats?

No idea what it would cost, might have to ring around and see what wreckers would charge

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

If it is just leather you after auto upholsterers could do this relatively cheaply. On the Mk 7/7.5 GTi the optional leather equipped seats were also powered (drivers only) and standard on the R. Reckon relatively hard to come by and would be priced accordingly making the auto upholsterer option the way to go. About 10 years ago I recall a colleague looking at a demonstrator Toyota Kluger but really wanting the leather interior. The dealer was able to “throw in” aftermarket leather interior to clinch the deal.

Users Country Flag
    The factory leather seats are not very nice quality - honestly id prefer the tartan cloth seats. And due to the bolstering, most of the leather seats are quite badly worn on the bolsters. As mentioned above, perhaps look into have an auto upholsterer retrim your seats in real leather if you really want it badly enough.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Keep the tartans, they are great!

Unfortunately, because everybody wants leather, nobody wants the tartans and they go cheap. I bought my full interior (seats, door cards, all dash trims and arm rest) for $250 and they were in great condition.

Golf Wagon MK7 (90 92TSI) - Mods: 110TSI Turbo upgrade, ECU and TCU Stage 2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Pretoria 19", GTI PP Sway bars upgrade F/R, Full GTI Tartan interior, GTI colour Cluster, R's Bi-Xenon with AFS retrofit, GTI 312mm front brake upgrade.
    More to come...

Users Country Flag

It's not a proper GTi unless it has a tartan interior. That's just the way it is
    Cheers