Support VWWC

Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197
Results 1,961 to 1,969 of 1969

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CSD View Post
    The dimming should apply only to the lamps in the "Leuchte-sets", the red LED stripes ("Parking Lights/Position Lights").
    Understood- thanks for clarifying!

I had to do this in order to have them light up during daytime, otherwise they wouldn't turn on until dusk when the light sensor kicks in and turns on the low beams.
    hmm.............. with absolutely no offense intended - I don't think that your response is correct. With Leuchte-programming, there are certain Leuchte-commands that operate "when the light sensor kicks-in" and there are other Leuchte-commands that are independent of the light sensor. Whether these Leuchte-commands are dependent on the light sensor, or not - is NOT determined by the illumination level (i.e. the Dimmwert value).

It is road legal, yes.
    Noted - this very important issue is of course your responsibility!

Do you think a solution would be to change the "main" function of these 4 Leuchte-sets, make function A to be used as a turn signal left&right and have the DRL/Tagfahrlicht be active as a secondary function in one of the other channel subsets CD/EF/GH?

OK - let's do it your way.

However, I suggest an alternative approach to your Lichtfunktion values:- currently you have programmed the active Lichtfunktion channels in the 4 x Leuchte-sets in your table like this:
    • Lichtfunktion A > Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
    • Lichtfunktion G > Tagfahrlicht

With this set-up, the lamps that are controlled by these Leuchte-sets are illuminated whenever the ignition is turned-ON - this is irrespective of the status of the light sensor. A better (read "more elegant") method to achieve this same outcome is to use the Leuchte-command, Klemme 15 ohne Nachlauf.

As I'm certain you already know given your German language background, Klemm 15 = Clamp 15, or more appropriately using the terms of vehicle industry Standard DIN 72552 - Terminal 15 (T15). T15 is defined in DIN 72552 as a battery-rail voltage that is active whenever the ignition is turned-ON. So, this single Leuchte-command can be used to provide the same lighting effect in this case!

So- try this:

Left-side Parking-Light Lamps
    Lasttyp > 43 - allgemeine LED
    Lichtfunktion A > Blinken links Hellphase
    Lichtfunktion B > nicht aktiv
    Dimmwert AB > 0
    Lichtansteuerung HD AB > Always
    Lichtfunktion C > Klemme 15 ohne Nachlauf
    Lichtfunktion D > nicht aktiv
    Dimmwert CD > 127
    Dimming Direction CD > maximize
    Lichtfunktion E > Blinken links Dunkelphase
    Lichtfunktion F > nicht aktiv
    Dimmwert EF > 26
    Dimming Direction EF > minimize
    Lichtfunktion G > nicht aktiv
    Lichtfunktion H > nicht aktiv
    Dimmwert GH > 0
    Dimming Direction GH > maximize

Right-side Parking-Light Lamps
    Lichtfunktion A > Blinken rechts Hellphase
    Dimmwert AB > 0
    Dimmwert CD > 127
    Lichtfunktion E > Blinken rechts Dunkelphase
    Dimmwert EF > 26
    Lichtfunktion G > nicht aktiv
    Dimmwert GH > 0

Notes:
    • the dimmed illumination level in the off-part of the blink cycle is determined by Dimmwert EF. Adjust this value as desired
    • To make the Parking-Light lamps "counter-blink", swap Lichtfunktion A and Lichtfunktion E values

Don

Last edited by DV52; 19-10-2023 at 11:17 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    "hmm.............. with absolutely no offense intended - I don't think that your response is correct. With Leuchte-programming, there are certain Leuchte-commands that operate "when the light sensor kicks-in" and there are other Leuchte-commands that are independent of the light sensor. Whether these Leuchte-commands are dependent on the light sensor, or not - is NOT determined by the illumination level (i.e. the Dimmwert value)."
    I apologize for the confusion.

"...As I'm certain you already know given your German language background"
    I do not have a german background though, just doing business here. The permanent/resident status is in another EU country.

Now, the GOOD news! getting back to your suggestion.

Here is what I obtained per your setup:

This test was one was done using a dimming value for E+F of 10 < I like it more this way.

Video: https://i.imgur.com/B9Elu5M.mp4

///

This test was done using a dimming value for E+F of 26

Video: https://i.imgur.com/oAy4sUQ.mp4

///

Close-up test using a dimming value for E+F of 26

Video: https://i.imgur.com/oyKa5Rv.mp4

Works as it should! You are a wizard.

Two issues, if I may:

#1.

It seems that I have lost a function. The "Parking Lights/Position Lights" are no more illuminated when I open/close the vehicle (Coming Home/Leaving Home function), only the license plate LED bulbs are visible on the rear end.

Later edit: something else I have noticed.

With the car being off and locked > hazard lights ON

Only the yellow turn signals are being triggered, normal behavior I assume.

This I find very important during night time if, for any reason I have a breakdown on a secondary road.

Can the "Parking Lights/Position Lights" be triggered as well?

Video: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    Last edited by CSD; 20-10-2023 at 01:56 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Now, the GOOD news............Works as it should!
    hmm......... Please understand that I'm a firm believer that how folk program their cars is their decision - but I invite that you consider an alternative view!

When I look at your videos, my primary observation is that there is lots happening on the tail-lights on this car when you activate the turn-signal function!! Many years ago (probably before you were born) - a very eager math professor tried to instill into my much younger brain the concept of a zero-sum-game, which can be also applied to lighting design IMO.

Not sure if you are familiar with game theory - but the concept when applied to lighting design ostensibly says that there is a fixed amount of attention that drivers at the rear of a car will use when reading tail-lights.

Importantly, the concept of a zero-sum-game says that different lighting designs CAN'T increase the total quantity of rear-car driver attention (it remains the same for individual drivers). Various different designs can only shift the amount of attention that the driver devotes to decoding each of the lighting functions on the tail-lights.

So, applying this theory to your video, my conclusion is that it's very unlikely that drivers at the rear of this car will miss your intention to turn left/right. However, I wonder whether in achieving this outcome, the obvious emphasis on turn-signal in this lighting set-up will overpower the Brake light?

Of course, each and every lamp illumination on the tail lights is important because it indicates the driver's intention to cars at the rear - but it could reasonably be argued that when comparing the priority of functions, the driver's intention to stop is the highest!

My question is particularly relevant (again IMO) in this case given that this design illuminates both outer and inner lamps at full illumination (i.e. the same illumination level as the single Brake-light on each car-side) and now the non-blinking Brake-light must also compete with the elevated emphasis on the turn-signal function!

Once more, entirely your decision - I'm highlighting the matter for your review!!

Two issues, #1.

It seems that I have lost a function. The "Parking Lights/Position Lights" are no more illuminated when I open/close the vehicle (Coming Home/Leaving Home function), only the license plate LED bulbs are visible on the rear end.
    I'm confused! When I re-examine the Leuchte-set table in your previous post - I don't see the CH/LH Leuchte-commands on the PL lamps! Do you mean the Single Side Parking Light (SSPL) function that is enabled when the turn-signal stalk is activated prior to locking the vehicle? I ask because your table does have SSPL included on these lamps

If you want SSPL, do this:

Left-Side Parking-lights
    Lichtfunktion G > Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
    Dimmwert GH > 127

Right-side Parking-lights
    Lichtfunktion G > Parklicht rechts
    Dimmwert GH > 127

And assuming that CH/LH has been correctly activated in the non-Leuchte channels on the hex09 module - if you also want CH/LH on these lamps:
    Lichtfunktion H > Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv

Later edit: something else I have noticed.

With the car being off and locked > hazard lights ON

Only the yellow turn signals are being triggered, normal behavior I assume.

This I find very important during night time if, for any reason I have a breakdown on a secondary road.

Can the "Parking Lights/Position Lights" be triggered as well?
    So, here's the thing - the way that the hazard warning ights are operated on the VAG stable of vehicles is determined outside the scope of Leuchte-programming. By design (I think), if the ignition is turned-OFF and regardless whether the car is locked, or not - the hazard warning lights are dedicated to the factory blinker lamps (both front and rear).

There is a way of conjoining other lamps into this scheme - but in this case, we have run-out of spare Lichtfunktion channels because of the quantity of light functions that you have requested on the PL lamps.

However, I have just inputted this tweak into my "virtual mk7" (see below) and according to the behavior of the simulated lights on my test-bench, you should be able to trigger the hazard warning functions on the PL lamps if you turn the key to the ignition-ON position.

Alas that's the best that I can deliver -as I have said, the limitations of the Hazard lights are beyond Leuchte programming

Last edited by DV52; 21-10-2023 at 10:09 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Regarding #1

That did the trick for the Single Side Parking Light (SSPL)! Added your settings for all four Leuchte-sets (16, 17, 23 & 24). I know it's weird that they were not showing up before in my previous screenshots, yet, they worked for CH/LH.

Not sure if you are familiar with game theory - but the concept when applied to lighting design ostensibly says that there is a fixed amount of attention that drivers at the rear of a car will use when reading tail-lights.

I was not, but thanks for your suggestion, seems like a great topic.

So, applying this theory to your video, my conclusion is that it's very unlikely that drivers at the rear of this car will miss your intention to turn left/right. However, I wonder whether in achieving this outcome, the obvious emphasis on turn-signal in this lighting set-up will overpower the Brake light?
    Maybe I am biased due to the fact that I owned most of my life USDM cars that worked in a similar fashion. Never had any issues or complaints, they were driven in Europe all of their life.

I will set up my phone tripod and re-create the video, with brakes applied. I am not sure why, but imho the actual brake LEDs embedded in the tail lights seem to illuminate way stronger than the DRL strips (even when set to have a 127 value).

I will decrease the values of the "Klemme 15 ohne Nachlauf", from 127 to 100.

The brake LEDs are also having a value of 127, along with the central brake light on tailgate.

Left-side Parking-Light Lamps
    Dimmwert AB > 0
    Dimmwert CD > 100
    Dimmwert EF > 10
    Dimmwert GH > 100

I will do two videos for comparision to see if the 100 and 127 values make a real difference. My priority of course, is to focus the attention on the brake lights.

Regarding #2

Not sure why it didn't crossed my mind to leave the car in accessory mode. Maybe my worst case scenario was that I had to leave the car unattended with no occupants and locked. I believe there was a way to lock the car with the key inside and lock it with the spare key. But I think that was only with the engine running. Mine has a KESSY starting system.

I will edit this post once I do the videos.

Many thanks again for your time and knowledge.

Dan.

Later edit:

Lamps in action:

Settings used for all (with the appropriate left & right)

Dimmwert AB > 0
    Dimmwert CD > 127
    Dimmwert EF > 10
    Dimmwert GH > 127

Lamps in action with reduced values

Settings used for all (with the appropriate left & right)

Dimmwert AB > 0
    Dimmwert CD > 100
    Dimmwert EF > 10
    Dimmwert GH > 100

I feel that adjusting the 127 to 100 values doesn't do a difference. Maybe I should do a close-up video.

Filmed in 4K @ 60fps but YouTube doesn't show it yet. The lightning in the underground parking is also strange.
    Last edited by CSD; 21-10-2023 at 10:16 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    For those wanting to customise the instrument panel lighting by creating their own "dimming curves", I have written a short paper on how I developed the settings for these instructions. The document can be down-loaded HERE. Also included in my paper is a link to a spreadsheet macro that I created to calculate the settings for the "X" and "Y" values for this tweak. If you want to develop your own "dimming curves" then this spreadsheet might also be useful
    DV52 - please could you provide an updated link to your document for dimming curves?

Users Country Flag
    Hallo,
    is this the coding where when the hazard warning flashes,the LED U also flashes on a golf 7 r model 2015??
    If not,does anyone happen to know how I can get the LED to flash when the hazard lights are flashing.
    Just like this police flashing headlights.
    Iwould like to have that on my MK7R 2015 Europe version.
    Kind regards from Germany

Users Country Flag
    Led headlights U from MK7 R 2015 .please coding to hazard.
    sry my english not good
    from germany

Users Country Flag
    Franky: Hallo.

If you look at my tweak HERE, you will find a set of instructions for adding the 3rd Brake light to the hazard warning function.

In theory, a similar set of changes should work for including the hazard warning function into the "angel-eyes" (U LED lights) on your Golf R. BUT - I suspect that it's not possible for the following 2 x reasons:
    1. The LED lights on angel-eye fittings operate differently to the other exterior lamps in that they use 2 x separate Leuchte-sets: one for the lighting functions and a second Leuchte-set for the power-supply to the fittings
    2. The Leuchte-set for the lighting functions is normally fully subscribed - meaning that there isn't sufficient spare adaptation channels in the Leuchte-set to implement the hazard warning function

Don

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ArdiL View Post
    I just wanted to finish by adding a quick video of what my rear lights look like after all the coding.

Attachment 54964

Attachment 54965Attachment 54966
    I just modded my 2021 Canadian Mk7.5 GTI and it works perfectly! With the NA models the signal light also acts as another brake light.

One thing for my car in the coding there was no "Brake Light" for A16/17 and A23/24 so I used the German translation of "Bremslicht" for those entries.

Thank you!!
    Last edited by Shepski; 19-02-2024 at 07:46 PM.

Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197