Page 87 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Hillbilly: Hi - long time no see! We always seem to have different views - so I won't disagree with your response in this instance. Instead, let me invite you to consider the following interpretation:

You are entirely correct in your hypothesis about the ADR's prohibitions on removing DRLs from a car if they were factory fitted!

But in this instance, Ky doesn't appear to want to remove the DRLs; he (she?) seems to want to replace the position of the DRLs from the "high beam" position (which are the inner lamps on incandescent fittings) to the fog lights. Effectively, the fog lights become the DRLs - does this contradict the removal of DRLs prohibition in the ADR?

Don

PS: I'm trying to find the "fog light" prohibition - can you point me to the pertinent section in the ADR, please?
    As i can only write an opinion of the interpretation and despite that this has been mentioned on here I would take it that any interferance of the placement or operation contravenes the rules. Try telling a cop who knows the car model that you shifted the DRls to the fogs and he may not care He may ping you for having your fogs on on a fine day and quite rightly so.
    As already said the inappropriate use of fogs is covered in the Road rules of each State.

ADR's cover the design and specifications of placement in a car body , not when and where you use the different bits.
    However there was a thread on here about disabling them permanently and from what I remember it was stated that it was illegal to do so after that poster had researched the question with authorities.

The thread was about cancelling them for appearance sake. How stupid is that You cant see them yourself and they are there to allow the car to be seen more easily.
    In Canada the sidelights are permanently on and you arent allowed to disable them. A sensible solution to a known problem.

Now all we need to do is get people to turn their headloghts on in the dark as some think it isnt necessary.

I used to like to do things to my cars to supposedly make them better but now I just buy it and drive it and presume the makers know why and what they are doing. But there is always those that are never happy with what they have.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 01-07-2016 at 03:18 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^^^^ Arrrhhh.............. that explains my confusion!! Yes, Vic-Road Rule 217 states that drivers must not use front or rear fog lights unless driving in fog or other hazardous weather conditions that cause reduced visibility.

Thanks for the responses - Hillbilly, you are correct!

dON
    Hmm have been known to be. Please tell the idiots that drive Mitsi 4wd's to turn off the stupid rear foglights that prevent those following knowing whether they have that on or are braking as the fogs are brighter than the brake lights.

Stupid idea.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserky View Post
    Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows how to remove DRLs from the high beam and only use the fog lights? I was able to find in the tweak thread how to enable the fog lights but I couldn't see anything regarding switching off the high beam.

Thanks

Ky
    All legal discussions aside, I believe in car owners making their own decisions in relation to the law.

@kaiserky, here's a starting point for you if you decide to continue with your changes:

Step 1: If you haven't already, read this to understand how lights are controlled (credits to Don or DV52 for putting this "bible" together): https://www.dropbox.com/s/74b00lkimj...n_5_2.pdf?dl=0

Step 2: Look at the configuration banks for your current DRL lamps (for halogen, they are Leuchte4TFL and Leuchte5 TFL)

Step 3: Identify the bank with DRL function (If you have VCDS, the display will read the function as "Daytime running lights" instead of German). And for me, this is configured in Bank 1 for both lights.

Step 4: Copy the entire Bank 1 settings for your DRL lamps to the Fog lamps.

Step 5: Check your fogs are now working together with your actual DRL as Daytime running lights.

Step 6: Set Bank 1 of your DRL lamps to not active.

This will set your fog lights to be DRL when the headlights are off. However, the moment your light sensor (or you manually) switches your lights to position light or headlights, your fogs will turn off (you can still turn them on manually), and your DRLs will light up again.

This is because the DRLs are used as position lights, just dimmed. You can replicate this with your fog lamps by identifying the Bank (Bank 3) in which position light behaviours has been programmed under the same light location for DRLs, and move this to the fog lights.

Note that position light function and parking light function are programmed in the same bank (Bank 3). So if you just move the entire bank across, your fog lights will also function as parking lights.
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Hi all

Firstly thanks Don excellent write up, and thanks agentthumb for the guidance, I'll have a play.

In relation to the legal debate I will say this - Daylight running lights are designed to increase the visibility for other road users during the day.

Daytime running lights are not considered fog lamps if they:

only operate when the car is running; and
    do not operate when the headlights are on; and
    are operated during the day.
    Last edited by kaiserky; 29-08-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Am I correct in assuming that Australian golf r can't do 'tilt mirrors down when in reverse to see kerb to wheel distance'? I want that but it seems like we need motors with memory that aren't part of Aus cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by isaacinsoll View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that Australian golf r can't do 'tilt mirrors down when in reverse to see kerb to wheel distance'? I want that but it seems like we need motors with memory that aren't part of Aus cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure about the MY15 models and before but MY16 models dip the passenger side mirror to see the kirb once your mirror adjustment swith is turned to the left.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    It's relatively easy to find-out if your passenger-side door control module is fitted with a memory module to facilitate reverse dip as follows:

1. Select the control module at address hex52 and then select Advance Measurement.
    2. Click the boxes for the variables shown on the right-side of the screenshot below and if your car is fitted with a memory module, you should see the values in the left-side of the screenshot below. (Note: the "X" and "Y" coordinates may differ - but the values can't be 255 (which is HexFF) and 046 and 047 MUST be as shown)

If your car isn't fitted with a memory module, the results of the Advanced measurement should be as below (which is the result for the driver's side door control module on my car)

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 03-07-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Hello Can you tell me the coding to enable these 2 items as screenshots?

Just wanted to say thanks for the info on the rear lighting tweaks. I've followed links from Golfmk7.com.

20 mins well spent doing the pace car indicators and enlarged brake lights:

Last edited by bigtallbloke; 07-07-2016 at 01:02 AM.

I just realised that the instrument panel light is not turning on when I move it to the parking light position (the position right after "auto") I noticed that after I changed my headlight for the led's one and then started playing with VCDS codes.. it is only turning on when the switch is set to "auto" or "low beam". anybody knows hot to fix it with VCDS?

Page 87 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast