Page 59 of 197 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Hi. I am trying to make a tweak which will make my double U led's blink with turn signal are on. My problem is that when the headlight switch is at zero position my drl's are on, I uncheck DRL setting on the media menu and they dont go off. I guess they changed it to staticly on at a garage that I went ones. It is hard for me to contact them, so those anybody know how to turn of drls when light switch is at zero position. It was only on when the light switch was in auto position. thanks in advance.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark975 View Post
    Hi. I am trying to make a tweak which will make my double U led's blink with turn signal are on. My problem is that when the headlight switch is at zero position my drl's are on, I uncheck DRL setting on the media menu and they dont go off. I guess they changed it to staticly on at a garage that I went ones. It is hard for me to contact them, so those anybody know how to turn of drls when light switch is at zero position. It was only on when the light switch was in auto position. thanks in advance.
    Dark975: Istanbul? Wow you are a long way from home!!

First, my appology because I don't entirely understand your question (but your English is a lot better than my Turkish).

Are you just wanting the DRLs to not operate at all? Is this what you mean by asking if there is a way of turning -off DRLs with the light switch on zero position? If so, then I'm surprised that removing the tick on the MENU hasn't worked. Something strange about this, because it's how I do it on my mk7.

The other thing that you could try is to change the adaptation channel ( 8 )-Daytime running lights-Fahrlicht bei Tag to not active (the default setting is "Daytime running lights")

But the second part of my question is - instead of permanently turning off DRLs, do you want to implement "DRL wink"? This is where the DRL turns-off on the side of the car that the turn indicator blinks and then turns on again when the turn indicator stops.

If you want to implement DRL wink, then you need to include the setting Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen) into the left DRL Leuchte-set and Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen) into the right side DRL Leuchte-set. It's difficult for me to suggest the actual adaptation channel in your case because I'm not familiar with your headlight assembly, but when you find a spare alpha channel that isn't being used, include the changes that I suggest above and you should also ensure that the related "Dimmwert" setting is 0 and that the corresponding "Dimming Direction" channel is "minimise.

Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 30-10-2015 at 05:06 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for your answer, Don.
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Dark975: Istanbul? Wow you are a long way from home!!
    There is a saying in Turkey "Go get it, even wisdom is in china"

First, my appology because I don't entirely understand your question (but your English is a lot better than my Turkish).

Are you just wanting the DRLs to not operate at all? Is this what you mean by asking if there is a way of turning -off DRLs with the light switch on zero position? If so, then I'm surprised that removing the tick on the MENU hasn't worked. Something strange about this, because it's how I do it on my mk7.
    No, I want them to operate on Auto position, but not in zero position. I am also surprised the DRL tick does not work. It might be about some other coding done on the car I guess.

The other thing that you could try is to change the adaptation channel ( 8 )-Daytime running lights-Fahrlicht bei Tag to not active (the default setting is "Daytime running lights")
    I can try this but this I am afraid this might close them for all times.

But the second part of my question is - instead of permanently turning off DRLs, do you want to implement "DRL wink"? This is where the DRL turns-off on the side of the car that the turn indicator blinks and then turns on again when the turn indicator stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeeb...ature=youtu.be
    The above link show what I am exactly trying to do. Here is the coding I did, but DRL's were never off when the turn indicators were on. I will go over them again today.

[09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] -> « ( 16 )-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2 -> select « Blinken links Hellphase »
    [09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] -> « ( 18 )-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert GH 2 -> select « 0 »
    [09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] -> « ( 18 )-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2 -> select « minimize »
    [09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] -> « ( 16 )-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 -> select « Blinken rechts Hellphase »
    [09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] -> « ( 18 )-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3 -> select « 0 »
    [09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] -> « ( 18 )-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3 -> select « minimize »

If you want to implement DRL wink, then you need to include the setting Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen) into the left DRL Leuchte-set and Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen) into the right side DRL Leuchte-set. It's difficult for me to suggest the actual adaptation channel in your case because I'm not familiar with your headlight assembly, but when you find a spare alpha channel that isn't being used, include the changes that I suggest above and you should also ensure that the related "Dimmwert" setting is 0 and that the corresponding "Dimming Direction" channel is "minimise.

Cheers
    Don

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for your answer, Don.
    Dark975: OK, I'm starting to understand what you want to do now- thanks for the response.
    IF you want the DRLs to illuminate only if the rotary light-switch is on Auto position, I assume that you have seen the web sites for this tweak (there are many sites with the instructions)

Using your way of describing tweak instructions, the change is :

09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] -> « (9)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht nur in Schalterstellung AUTO-> select « active »

As for your video with the DRLs flashing out of sync with the turn indicators, I personally would have used the Dunkelphase command with Dimmwert=100 and Dimming Direction = Maximise (instead of Hellphase with 0/minimise settings).

To analyse what's happening on your car, you need to tell me what the settings are for the full Leuchte-set for the Left/Right DRls. There will be 19 x adaptation channels for each lamp. Can you post them up somewhere where I can see them - please?
    Cheers
    Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Don: I am not sure how I can do that.

"you need to tell me what the settings are for the full Leuchte-set for the Left/Right DRls. There will be 19 x adaptation channels for each lamp."

Dark975: OK, I'm starting to understand what you want to do now- thanks for the response.
    IF you want the DRLs to illuminate only if the rotary light-switch is on Auto position, I assume that you have seen the web sites for this tweak (there are many sites with the instructions)

Using your way of describing tweak instructions, the change is :

09 – Centrale Electrique] -> [Security Access – 16] 31347 -> [Adaptation – 10] -> « (9)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht nur in Schalterstellung AUTO-> select « active »

As for your video with the DRLs flashing out of sync with the turn indicators, I personally would have used the Dunkelphase command with Dimmwert=100 and Dimming Direction = Maximise (instead of Hellphase with 0/minimise settings).

To analyse what's happening on your car, you need to tell me what the settings are for the full Leuchte-set for the Left/Right DRls. There will be 19 x adaptation channels for each lamp. Can you post them up somewhere where I can see them - please?
    Cheers
    Don

Users Country Flag
    Don: I am not sure how I can do that.

"you need to tell me what the settings are for the full Leuchte-set for the Left/Right DRls. There will be 19 x adaptation channels for each lamp."
    Dark975: Hello again. I wasn't intending to go into a long winded discussion about Leuchte programming, but I have posted the table below in the hope that it can provide an overview of why I have asked for additional information.

I've tried to show in the table the underpinning structure of a Leuchte-set (each of the 35 x lamps that the BCM can control on a mk7 has exactly this structure). The 19 x adaptation channels in the table form a Leuchte-set.

Of particular interest in your case is the four "Banks". What I hope that you can see is that each of these banks can contain two separate commands that can operate the one lamp in different ways (the Alpha channels) -so each lamp can be programmed to work in 8 x separate ways. Any one of these "ways" can conflict with the other functions that the lamp is asked to perform and when making changes to a Leuchte set, it's important to be aware of the nature of other functions the lamp performs.

In your previous post, you described a VCDS tweak that altered Leuchte channels (16) and (18 ) for both DRLs so that they blinked counter to the normal turn indicator. These changes looked OK, but in making them, you have given the new counter-blinking function the greatest priority and it will always "trump" any other function that the DRL performs. Unless I know what these other functions are, I can't tell if placing the new DRL counter-blinking function in the GH - bank creates a priority conflict, or not.

This is why I have asked that you provide the settings for the complete Leuchte-set for the two DRLs

Now, there are a couple of ways of getting these settings, but the easiest (but alas it takes the longest time) is to create an adaptation map of the BCM. Given that you are making changes to the BCM and because the BCM in an MQB platform vehicle contains around 2,500 adaptation channels, I assume that you have already created an admap. So, all that you need to do is to look through the .CSV file and post-up the two Leuchte-sets.

Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 01-11-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Users Country Flag
    hello
    Maybe i can help u with TMC
    1024, 65535 etc its value for varios settings (This can be seen in the firmware file)
    65535 - TMC OFF
    1024 -
    SUNA Traffic (Intelematics)
    0 - dev options
    this is true for MIB1... but this could change for MIB2

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zloybob View Post
    hello
    Maybe i can help u with TMC
    1024, 65535 etc its value for varios settings (This can be seen in the firmware file)
    65535 - TMC OFF
    1024 -
    SUNA Traffic (Intelematics)
    0 - dev options
    this is true for MIB1... but this could change for MIB2
    zloybob: Hello again, thanks for the information - I have seen 32771 (almost 65525 divided by 2) used in the adaptation maps of a couple of UK vehicles for TMC, but I'm not sure what (if any codes exist for NAR models
    Don

Users Country Flag

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Dear VW experts, has anyone noticed the cornering lights would not work in Eco mode MQB1. They seem to work in normal and sport modes but not in Eco. How do we get them in Eco too?

Not fog light or dynamic curve xenon lights. I am talking about the halogen bulb that lits up area at 90 degrees angle when turn signal activated. Eco is killing it.

Regards,
    MRG
    Last edited by MRG_AU; 07-11-2015 at 11:57 PM.
    2015 Limestone grey Golf 103TSI Highline with Luxury pack and Driver Assistance Pack II
    2012 Pantom Black Audi Q5 3.0 TDI with B&O sound system

Users Country Flag

zloybob: Hello again, thanks for the information - I have seen 32771 (almost 65525 divided by 2) used in the adaptation maps of a couple of UK vehicles for TMC, but I'm not sure what (if any codes exist for NAR models
    Don
    32771 online traffic + VW TMCPro =)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRG_AU View Post
    Dear VW experts, has anyone noticed the cornering lights would not work in Eco mode MQB1. They seem to work in normal and sport modes but not in Eco. How do we get them in Eco too?

Not fog light or dynamic curve xenon lights. I am talking about the halogen bulb that lits up area at 90 degrees angle when turn signal activated. Eco is killing it.

Regards,
    MRG
    Hello, do it yestoday for my friend
    u need just disable FPA AFS in Gateway coding

Page 59 of 197 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast