Page 56 of 197 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Hi All,

I bought the Ross Tech cable and have enabled a few of the tweaks listed on this site. I would like to enable the Traffic Information, however both of the posts linked in the tweak reference thread refer to changing the default value of 0 to 1024. But my default value isn't 0, it is a 5 digit number, something like 16652. So I am hesitant to change it to 1024 as it doesn't match what other have seen, I wonder if this is a MY16 change as my car has the newer infotainment system.
    When I am on the Nav screen there is a TP at the top, but when I press the traffic button there are no reports and TMC has a line through it. I assume this means traffic isn't enabled.
    Am I safe to change the 16652 to 1024 and see what happens?
    2010 MY10 Golf R (Sold) - 5 Door, DSG, Rising Blue, Leather, ACC, Satnav, Dynadio, Sunroof, MDI, Electric Seat.
    2015 MY16 Golf GTI - 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Grey, Leather, Sunroof, DAP.

Users Country Flag

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Quote Originally Posted by HPSOV View Post
    Hi All,

I bought the Ross Tech cable and have enabled a few of the tweaks listed on this site. I would like to enable the Traffic Information, however both of the posts linked in the tweak reference thread refer to changing the default value of 0 to 1024. But my default value isn't 0, it is a 5 digit number, something like 16652. So I am hesitant to change it to 1024 as it doesn't match what other have seen, I wonder if this is a MY16 change as my car has the newer infotainment system.
    When I am on the Nav screen there is a TP at the top, but when I press the traffic button there are no reports and TMC has a line through it. I assume this means traffic isn't enabled.
    Am I safe to change the 16652 to 1024 and see what happens?
    Yes. My MY15 had 16652 as well. Worst case you can just change it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Bizmo: Sorry to read that your troubles continue.

But not sure that comparing auto-scan reports will add much value in solving your problem. Here is the auto scan report for address Hex17 from an aussie MY16 TSI Highline (thanks chendo)

Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels: 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb
    Part No SW: 5G1 920 740 A HW: 5G1 920 740 A
    Component: KOMBI 207 7640
    Coding: 27A419182F98000800886A095400000000000000
    Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
    ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardJCIMQBAB 009005
    ROD: EV_DashBoardJCIMQBAB_SK37.rod
    VCID: 244C2BA02F2A581E11-8070

For reference, your same control module report was:
    Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels: 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb
    Part No SW: 5G1 920 940 A HW: 5G1 920 940 A
    Component: KOMBI 202 6420
    Coding: 27A519002780260001886A011400000000000000
    Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
    ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 009046
    ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_AU37.rod
    VCID: 266D189E595EAC0E07-8072

The instrument control module in my car is a 5G0 series and yours is the 5G1 series.
    I know that the security code works on 5G0 modules. And, a few pages back in this thread, agentthumb implemented the tweak and he didn't report a security code error. Agentthumb's control module details for address Hex17 are ;SW:5G1-920-740 HW:5G1-920-740. This suggests that the security code does work on series 5G1 modules

cheers
    Don

PS: Thanks also for the Hex5F information. It was good to be able to compare your adaptation map for the new generation infotainment unit with it's Australian counterpart. VW's new MIBII certainly looks like a very impressive beast! It seems to be functionally rich where apps are concerned and very "hot-spot/WAN" friendly
    Hmm thanks anyway, will keep trying!

I was supplying the 5F coding, for a completly different tweak, sorry didn't make it very clear! I was wondering if it was possible to enable app connect via VCDS. I understand that the 5F module is difficult for VCDS to read for some reason and that's why it hasn't got the label files.

EDIT: On further examination in the mib2 menu by pressing and holding menu it would appear that the app connect is a software update like the voice control
    Last edited by Bizmo; 09-09-2015 at 04:22 AM.

Users Country Flag

Electric Parking Brake (EPB)- Open/close procedure for Pad Replacement

Just a heads-up that Ross-Tech have published a process for closing/opening the callipers on EPB versions of the mk7. Handy if you are contemplating the removal/replacement of the rear pads.

The link to the Ross-tech wiki-page is HERE
    Cheers
    Don

PS: I was asked to try out the procedure on my RoW vehicle before publication and I can vouch that it works perfectly on our Aussie cars!
    Last edited by DV52; 11-09-2015 at 05:23 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    I'm trying to activate the TMS function in my daughters MY15 Golf Comfortline. I get the drop down menu for it in control module 5F and after clicking Adaption. When I select it the stored value window has "ERROR function not available" in it and I can't type 1024 as the new value.

Any ideas?

GTI MY16.5 PURE WHITE | LAKIN PLATE HOLDER | TINTS |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozram View Post
    I'm trying to activate the TMS function in my daughters MY15 Golf Comfortline. I get the drop down menu for it in control module 5F and after clicking Adaption. When I select it the stored value window has "ERROR function not available" in it and I can't type 1024 as the new value.

Any ideas?
    I was under the impression that MY15 comfortline in a hatch didn't come with Sat Nav (could very well be wrong)?

If that's the case, then there is no traffic function

Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Users Country Flag
    thanks agentthumb. That would be why then.

Quote Originally Posted by agentthumb View Post
    I was under the impression that MY15 comfortline in a hatch didn't come with Sat Nav (could very well be wrong)?

If that's the case, then there is no traffic function

GTI MY16.5 PURE WHITE | LAKIN PLATE HOLDER | TINTS |

Users Country Flag

VCDS Tweak: Pace-Car indicators for dual LED tail lights

As a factory setting, VW program their vehicles that are fitted with dual LED rear lamps so that the outer and inner LED indicators flash in unison with one another (i.e. they pulse on/off together). I recently found an interesting German video (copy below) showing Dual LED rear lamps that flashed asynchronously when the turn signal was operated. Clever folk those Germans!!

Galvanised into action by this intriguing (at least to me) lighting effect, I managed to develop a set of Leuchte programming instructions that would mimic the operation of the indicator lights in the video. Thought that it might be of interest to forum members that have dual LED fittings on their rear lights (like the Golf R).

For fellow "Leuchte geeks" (I proudly acknowledge being one!) reading this, the tweak uses the AB Alpha pair, which has the lowest priority in the Leuchte-set and it is based on the (less familiar) Blinken link/rechts Dunkelphase setting. But, the interesting part of the tweak is that instead of the usual practice of linking this setting with Dimmwert=0 and Dimming Direction=minimum, the tweak uses Dimmwert=100 and Dimming Direction=maximum (which is applied to the Heckdeckel channel on the AB alpha-pair). Fortuitously, both these settings are already set-up as default for the Dimming channels on the left/right side inner rear lights. This means that only Leuchte channel (4) on each lamp needs to be changed - making this a very simple tweak to implement! Programmed in this fashion, the LED indicator that has the Dunkelphase setting pulses counter to its neighbouring LED indicator which continues to use the factory programmed Hellphase setting. Here endeth the "geek" part of the tweak instructions!

Because my 103TSI mk7 has incandescent rear lamps, I have not been able to test this tweak on my vehicle (albeit, I suspect that a similar effect can be implemented by tweaking Leuchte23SL HLC10 and Leuchte24SL HRA65 on cars with incandescent fittings- something for a later experiment, perhaps). However, a forum colleague on VWVortex has confirmed that the tweak was successfully implemented on his vehicle (thanks Chillout). Also, I've been told by more knowledgeable folk (thanks again Chillout) that an appropriate description for the lighting effect is "pace car indicator" (I had never seen a pace-car, let alone knew how its lighting operated) - hence the heading to this post.

Lastly, I make no judgement regarding the compliance (or otherwise) of the "pace car indicator" with the Australian Design Rules ADR here in Oz, or whatever local legislation applies in other countries. Those wishing to implement the tweak will need to reach their own conclusions regarding this matter.

VCDS Tweak Instructions: "Pace - Car" Indicators for dual rear LED light fittings

1. Select 09 - Central Electr control module
    2. Select Security Access - 16 from the "Open Controller" screen
    3. Enter the magic number 31347 and return to the "Open Controller" screen
    4. Select Adaptation - 10 from the "Open Controller" screen
    5. From the pull-down button check that the default settings for the adaptation channels shown in the table below are as indicated in the Old setting column
    6. Change the two Leuchte channels depicted in the table below to the values in the New Settings column.

Suggestion: use the new "search" facility on the latest RT software to find the channels listed below as follows:
    • Enter Leuchte16BLK into the search box to find the Left Hand LED channels
    • Enter Leuchte17TFL into the search box to find the Right Hand LED channels

Notes:
    1. Only one Leuchte channel for each of the left, right side lamps needs to be altered (i.e. (4)- Leuchte). I've included the remaining channels in the Leuchte sub-set as an aid to check the suitability of this tweak
    2. Do not implement this tweak if:
    • The vehicle does not have dual LED indicators on each side
    • the default settings on the vehicle are not as shown in the "old setting" column
    Last edited by DV52; 05-10-2015 at 03:32 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Does anyone have any information on how to adjust the sensitivity of the auto lights and to increase the activation distance on the side assist. The current factory set up on the lights is too sensitive coming on when ever I go under a bridge. Also the alert on the mirrors with the side assist does not activate until a vehicle is almost next to me. My Audi has the same system but will give the visual alert about 2 car lengths away.
    Hoping a quick VCDS adjustment can keep me happy.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Does anyone have any information on how to adjust the sensitivity of the auto lights and to increase the activation distance on the side assist. The current factory set up on the lights is too sensitive coming on when ever I go under a bridge. Also the alert on the mirrors with the side assist does not activate until a vehicle is almost next to me. My Audi has the same system but will give the visual alert about 2 car lengths away.
    Hoping a quick VCDS adjustment can keep me happy.
    Flipper dog: Regarding the sensitivity of the auto lights, I assume that you are aware of the facility in the MENU screen to adjust the turn-on characteristics of the light sensor.

Not sure if you are aware, but VW install three different versions of the light sensor in their mk7 models; the RLS, RLHS and RLFS. Which version is in your car? Again, forgive me if I'm telling you something that you already know, but the RLS/RLHS/RLFS is a slave module to the BCM.

The sensitivity adjustment for the three light sensors is generally managed by Byte 0, Bit 3-5 (see pic below). Actually, I believe that the long coding helper in RT's software is in error. The real Bits for the sensitivity function are Bits 3-7 - because it's not possible to define the hex values shown below in only 3 bits

As you can see, assuming that your module has the default value Hex00, the trouble is that the sensitivity adjustment is in the wrong direction for your problem. - Bummer!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 09-10-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Page 56 of 197 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast