Page 52 of 197 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Hey Don, I haven't noticed any annoyances in the dimming properties of the mirror. Keep in mind that they aren't legally allowed to tiny the front windscreen so it's only the back that got tinted.

I think the tint shouldn't really affect the fundamentals of the mirror, which is to reduce the amount of light being reflected into your eyes.

It's true that the tint by default, reduces the intensity of light hitting the light sensor facing the rear (by 35%), meaning the mirror does less work, but this also means the light hitting my eyes are less intense. However, if the light behind me is bright enough to penetrate the tint and register at or past the dimming threshold, the mirror will dim as it was designed to do, at the same rate as before the car was tinted.

What I'm trying to say is, the tint cuts light by 35%. So if we assume the car behind me had headlights bright enough to just trigger the dimming function (without tint), the same headlight would need to be 35% brighter now with tint to trigger the dimming function. But the net effect of light through the tint hitting my eyes is 0.

I hope I'm making sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by agentthumb; 09-08-2015 at 04:13 PM.
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for testing agentthumb, I am going to do this tonight, my car tint is more darker. Will see how it operates. @DV52VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7
    2015 Limestone grey Golf 103TSI Highline with Luxury pack and Driver Assistance Pack II
    2012 Pantom Black Audi Q5 3.0 TDI with B&O sound system

Users Country Flag
    Performed Instrument Cluster illumination tweak when the engine is on, order used X1-X5. Big difference especially when sun is glaring my vision of cluster. No errors in post mod scan. Thanks DonVCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7
    2015 Limestone grey Golf 103TSI Highline with Luxury pack and Driver Assistance Pack II
    2012 Pantom Black Audi Q5 3.0 TDI with B&O sound system

Users Country Flag
    Hi Don,

Thanks for this amazing article. I am new to this forum and I got a new Golf MY15 Comfortline a couple of months ago.

As per your instruction I tried to do this coding but I realised that my car has some different value for the settings. As shown below, the settings for X3 and X4 look different.

Have you got any idea why it is? Will it be because it is MY15?

The other issue is that if I try to enter a new value it gives me an error as below. I think I type in all zeros and a space.

I need your help and it will be great if you have a solution.

Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-dimming_value-jpg   VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-error-jpg  

Golf MK7 90TSI Comforline Hatchback | Sunset Red | MY15

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DP2K View Post
    Hi Don,

Thanks for this amazing article. I am new to this forum and I got a new Golf MY15 Comfortline a couple of months ago.
    As per your instruction I tried to do this coding but I realised that my car has some different value for the settings. As shown below, the settings for X3 and X4 look different.
    Have you got any idea why it is? Will it be because it is MY15?
    Dennis
    Dennis: Hello and thanks for the post (and, thanks also for the kind words).

I'm always learning new stuff about the mk7 models - I wasn't aware that the 90TSI had the "X" settings that you describe in your post. Not sure why this happens (perhaps VW use a different type of photo-transistor in the 90TSI instrument cluster) but it just means that the response characteristics of the photo-transistor is different for the mid value light levels X3 & X4 in your car (I think).

Here is the portion of the autoscan from my 103TSI showing the instrument cluster details. Are these the same as yours?
    Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels: 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb
    Part No SW: 5G0 920 860 HW: 5G0 920 860
    Component: KOMBI 235 0555

In any event, whilst I don't believe that the different settings are a problem, I have re-jigged the settings in my original table to reflect the dimming curve in your car. For reference, I have also included my original table (for other folk that might be reading this reply). Please use the settings appropriate for your car to ensure the tweak delivers the original VW factory response profile.

Quote Originally Posted by DP2K View Post
    The other issue is that if I try to enter a new value it gives me an error as below. I think I type in all zeros and a space.
    I need your help and it will be great if you have a solution.

Dennis
    Hmmm............. this is puzzling!! You appear to be using the correct arrangement of numbers. I mentioned in my paper that I also had occasional problems during my experimentation phase when changing settings in these adaptation channels. I found that the most important part of the tweak was ensuring that the security code is accepted (first time). If this didn't happen, I found that the rest of the tweak invariably went pear-shaped!
    Suggestions:
    1. Make sure that you are using the latest software
    2. IF the security code isn't accepted, wait a while before trying again (the cable will give you a message about how long to wait - can't remember the time)
    3. Try changing the X values in reverse order (i.e. start with X5 and work-down)

Cheers
    Don

PS: congratulations on the new car and welcome to the 2nd-best VW forum on the web (I haven't yet found the best VW forum)!
    Last edited by DV52; 17-08-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Don,

Thank you so much for that. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Dennis

Users Country Flag
    DP2K, in relation the the error message, I got it too.

I discovered that VCDS appended an extra space after the HEX values. So if you are editing the two numbers in place, you will get this error. Try clearing the entire text field and enter the values from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hi agentthumb,

That is a great tip for me. I will also try that. Thanks heaps.

Users Country Flag
    Dennis: Are you using a pirate VCDS cable (i.e. a cheap clone)? If not, your software is way-out-of-date. If so, then I suggest that you find someone with a genuine Ross-Tech unit
    Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag

Hey Don, was having a look in the long coding for the Auto HVAC control module the other day, came across an option to "Display climate modes". Do you know what this is?

I enabled it but couldn't see anything obvious.

I haven't got any screenshots unfortunately, but can get one if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Page 52 of 197 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast