Page 36 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Ryan: Sorry to hear about your troubles. As I said in my instructions, the Autorain-closing tweak is one of the more complex and difficult tweaks to implement.

Not sure about your DTC - it's a real strange one. Let's ignore the mileage and date/time stamps for the moment and let's concentrate on the first part of the error message. It says that the fault frequency is "1" for each of the two errors. Is this because the printout in your post was taken just after you made the changes? First -off, try clearing the DTCs using your cable and see if the errors re-appear.

The Coding string for your RLHS shows that the values are set-up for the Autorain closing tweak. Try reverting the code back to your original value which I assume was 00A8DD and re-run auto-scan on your car. Before you do this, please check the Coding value in a previous auto-scan report to confirm the original value.

I don't mean to imply anything, but are you absolutely sure that each step was followed correctly (please don't take offence at my question)? You could try checking the CodingLog.txt file in the Debug subdirectory in the Ross Tech folder on your laptop. It contains the complete history of the changes that you made with your cable. I wrote a short paper on how to use this file which you will find HERE

If you find the CodingLog.txt file hard to read, put a copy somewhere where I can access it and I will parse it for you into a more readable format.

Finally, Sebastian at Ross Tech suggested that for those who couldn't get the tweak to work, that they should try reversing the sequence of steps in my instructions. That is, revert all settings back to their original values, then do the Coding changes to the sensor first, followed by the adaptation channel changes and then the in-car procedures. Not sure about this, but it's worth a try.

Finally, do you have KESSY on your car- most of the problems that have been communicated to me about this tweak relate to cars that have KESSY.
    Last edited by DV52; 04-03-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Thank you for your reply DV52,

Ohh no, I take no offence I'll private message you my CodingLog.
    Also so I had my windscreen replaced and before I did any coding today I ran a check and the two DTC's were there before I did any change of any module codes. Furthermore, unfortunately I only have a Micro-CAN cable and can't clear any DTC's

I shall try all of the above either tomorrow or the next and get back to you! I really do appreciate your help

And no.. My car doesn't have KESSY, just an ordinary key.

Thanks again, I'll get back to you ASAP.

MY18 Tiguan | Pure White | R-Line Package | Driver Assist | Sunroof | Euro Spec | Mods to Come
    MY15 R-Line | Euro Plates | Pure White | Driver Assist | Sunroof | Replica R HIDs | Mods to Come Sold Dec 2018

Users Country Flag
    I have also attempted the the Auto rain close as per the step 3 in VCDS tweaks and it does not appear to work, I get no errors and the option shows up in Open and Closing setup

After enabling I tried splashing water on the window sensor and all that happened was I was splashed by the wipers lol my neighbors must have thought I was crazy

I'm going to look at this later and redo the coding, I will post my codes when I do a updated extract as I only have the default scans. Reading your post DV52 I have performed it in the incorrect sequence.

This is the CodingLog steps I performed and from looking at it I did it in the wrong order oops noob mistake.
    Address 09:5Q0 937 084 AC recoded (ADP-(16)-Access control 2-Regenschliessen_art) from once to Permanent Saturday,28,February,2015,19:58:42:32523
    Address 09:5Q0 937 084 AC recoded (ADP-(15)-Access control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus) from not active to active Saturday,28,February,2015,19:59:03:32523
    Address 09:5Q0 937 084 AC recoded (ADP-(28 )-Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen) from not active to active Saturday,28,February,2015,20:01:44:32523

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanjames20 View Post
    Thank you for your reply DV52,

Ohh no, I take no offence I'll private message you my CodingLog.
    Also so I had my windscreen replaced and before I did any coding today I ran a check and the two DTC's were there before I did any change of any module codes. Furthermore, unfortunately I only have a Micro-CAN cable and can't clear any DTC's

I shall try all of the above either tomorrow or the next and get back to you! I really do appreciate your help

And no.. My car doesn't have KESSY, just an ordinary key.

Thanks again, I'll get back to you ASAP.
    Ryan: Having problems with PM. Anyhow here's your Codelog.txt file all prettied-up (I've sorted the entries in date order). I'm not sure what all the entries are for, but I've highlighted the Rain Closing tweak changes for ease of reading the table:

Looks like you have had a few tries at the tweak; first time on 23rd January when you altered the adaptation channels but you didn't make the Coding changes. Then a second time 2nd March 2015 when you made the Coding mods and again yesterday when you confirmed the same changes to adaptation channels (15) & (16), and the Coding mods.

I suspect that the presence of the DTCs will be a serious impediment to your attempts to make the tweak work. Yours is the first time that I have seen these error messages and I believe that it's entirely likely that they were a consequence of replacing the windshield.

After you clear the DTCs (you may need to find a friendly forum member with a HEX+CAN cable that lives near by), my suggestion (no guarantee that the tweak will work) for what it's worth is that you revert all settings to their original values and start again. Do the Coding modes first as suggested by Sebastian @ RT and make sure that you do the in-car procedure including the light switch on auto.

PS: What was your purpose in the mods to Acknowledgement signals adaptation channels? If you wanted to have the horn "beep" when you open/locked the car with the key fob (and you don't have an anti-theft alarm fitted) see my recent tweak instructions HERE

Good luck and please let me know how you go
    Cheers
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 05-03-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone manage to get the voice control feature working without the need to send the vehicle back to VW?

Users Country Flag
    No....

Users Country Flag
    ^^^^^^ Ditto Eaglehawks response.

Some time back I had Voice Command installed in my car by the VW Aust (at no cost to me) and the venerable Ryan_R did some work on my coding values in an effort to back-engineer the changes. Whilst he did find a changed byte, when a forum member here tried to implement the change on his car, it didn't work. Conclusion (it may have even been Eaglehawk that suggested it) was that the actual software needs to be loaded as well as the coding change made. If you can get hold of the VW SD-card that contains the software, then lots of folk would like a copy!!

Users Country Flag
    Hi, Does anyone know how to remove this permanently? it comes up every second time I turn the ignition on...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gillant View Post
    Hi, Does anyone know how to remove this permanently? it comes up every second time I turn the ignition on...
    No way of disabling this as far as I know.

I'd buy a VAG-COM cable tomorrow if there was

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Moonee View Post
    No way of disabling this as far as I know.

I'd buy a VAG-COM cable tomorrow if there was
    there will be a way we just need to find it.

Page 36 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast