Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Well worth bookmarking — thank you!

If you have a play feel free to take your own screenshots and setup a VCDS library thread in the Mk7 Golf section

Users Country Flag
    Ryan_R: I will have to stop thanking you yet again (I'm starting to sound disingenuous). I might have another try with Mr Ross to see how long the sotware version with his updated table fix will take to release. Not sure that I'm experienced enough to start a thread here. I might need to understand a bit more about what I'm doing first!

Finally got around to having a look at it — not all that easy.

So far all I've done is clear an ABS system fault code (from when I hit a pothole and wrecked a tyre) which is a simple matter — the "clear" function in the car's system only removes the display, the fault remains logged in the computer.

The list of options is easy enough to navigate, but all the names are in German, and whilst, in common with Google Translate, I can "sort of" get the gist of normal German text, technical terms are another matter.

At the moment I'm trying to find a way to extract and print them — translating from the computer screen is beyond me, I fear.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Idle View Post
    Finally got around to having a look at it — not all that easy.

So far all I've done is clear an ABS system fault code (from when I hit a pothole and wrecked a tyre) which is a simple matter — the "clear" function in the car's system only removes the display, the fault remains logged in the computer.

The list of options is easy enough to navigate, but all the names are in German, and whilst, in common with Google Translate, I can "sort of" get the gist of normal German text, technical terms are another matter.

At the moment I'm trying to find a way to extract and print them — translating from the computer screen is beyond me, I fear.
    Idle: about 6 weeks ago I wrote to Uwe Ross (from RossTech) about the German language in the VAGCOM software for our chasis type. His advice was that there appeared to be a table pointer glitch in software version 12.12.0. I just got back another email from him in which he advises that the work to fix the problem has been allocated to one of his staff. Unfortunately however, that staff member has just gone on maternity leave, so I reckon it may be some time before it's fixed. In the meantime, Ryan_R's link (with google translate) is our best resource (I think)!

Users Country Flag
    VCDS Tweaks for MkVII - Reference material
    Rather than copying pages of VCDS tweaks for mk7 from other forums onto VWW, I thought it more efficient to paste the URL for the better sites instead

For those that are looking for a bunch of practical VCDS tweaks for their mk7 vehicles, there's a nice, pithy and well laid-out list of just that on the following URL:

What is VCDS - Golf7VCDS

The tweaks on this site originated from the "GolfGTIForum.com." The great thing about this site is that the authors have stripped-out all of the less-useful chatter from between posts leaving only the good stuff. Plus the tweaks are nicely partitioned into neat categories such as Mods, Instruments, Driver Convenience, and Notes.

The other very useful reference for mk7 VCDS tweaks comes from a link that I received from the "master-himself" (at least I think that he is a he, although he might be a she), Ryan_R.

stemei.de .VCDS Codierungen .Codierungsservice .Webdesign - Stefan Meier - VW Golf 7 - VCDS Codierungen, Webdesign

Just a warning though, this site is written in German so I had to rely heavily on "Google translate" to make sense of the instructions. With this small caveat, this is still a very useful resource nevertheless (I think)
    Last edited by AdamD; 26-02-2014 at 08:26 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Awesome, I am keenly watching the Mk7 VCDS codes as they are discovered, look forward to getting some done to the car soon.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Awesome, I am keenly watching the Mk7 VCDS codes as they are discovered, look forward to getting some done to the car soon.
    Veew: Good luck with the VCDS tweaks.
    In my humble view, the coding change that disables stop/start is the most useful that I have found to date (much thanks to Alenlin from GolfGTIForum.com). The tweak worked for me and a few others that tried it. I just looked at the links that I posted but I couldn't find it there (don't know why)

Not sure if you have seen the stop start disable tweak, but I posted the screens on the following thread.
    Disable Stop/start - VCDS tweak

I can also vouch for the instrument cluster sweep instructions which worked perfectly on my Mk7.

Please let us all know how you went.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

I have seen the stop/start tweak, would love to install it but my girlfriend doesn't mind it. Wish there was a code to just reverse the starting sequence such that it starts off instead of on.

I'm hoping the following tweaks come up for the Mk7:

Non-dimming DRL (for halogen lights) on indicating

Manual recirculation starts ON instead of having to press it each time I get in the car

Enabling voice control would be nice but I suspect software needs to be installed for it to work

Fog lights on for Coming/Leaving home functionality (http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw...heinwerfer.php)

Remote keyfob to work whilst car is running (ie. so I don't have to turn off the car, take out the key from the ignition barrel and press the boot release button to open the boot. Just allows someone else to quickly access the boot without doing said steps if the car is already running) - It turns out you just need to press the unlock button on the driver side door to allow boot access whilst the car is running, so obvious lol.

I'll get around to having "Transporter" install the tweaks for me as I have a Mac and am unlikely to have time to do much tweaking to justify buying a cable and borrowing a friend's windows laptop.
    Last edited by veew; 16-03-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Added links

Page 3 of 197 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast