Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187
Results 1,861 to 1,868 of 1868

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

  1. #1861
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    2,237
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Paulo: It's a well established tweak now for MQB platform cars - By default, the inter-vehicle distance setting of ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) is factory set to distance 3. So every time that ACC is enabled, the setting defaults to distance 3.

    The tweak enables the default inter-vehicle distance value to be changed to whatever the driver chooses

    Don

    PS: depending on the type of hex13 module, the alternative channel can be IDE01949-Distance basic setting option > ON (and reset MIB/MMI)
    in the Superb (also an MQB platform car) - the setting "Last distance selected" can be turned on via the Infotainment screen, so it remembers the last distance set, everytime u enable ACC.
    comes with this menu option from factory.

    VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-acc-settings-jpg
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

  2. #1862
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,573
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    in the Superb (also an MQB platform car) - the setting "Last distance selected" can be turned on via the Infotainment screen, so it remembers the last distance set, everytime u enable ACC.
    comes with this menu option from factory.
    dArKrHaD0w: yes- that's exactly what happens when the adaptation channel in @hardy_bm post is set to ON. This value enables the screen in your post.

    I've no idea how VW decides which models it will factory set to show the distance menu in the MIB - but it certainly doesn't happen for ALL cars

    Don
    Golf MkVII 103TSI (Highline) my13
    Polo 6R 77TSI (Comfortline with Comfort Pack) my14

  3. #1863
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Mel, QL
    Posts
    8
    Hi Don!

    Nice to see you again!!

    Want to share a simple VCDS tweak that makes the interior lights go on/off gradually:


    1. From the Select Control Module screen, choose 09-Central Electronics
    2. Choose Security Access-16, input 31347
    3. Find 116598 - interior lighting-KL58 Einschalten mit Rampe (Please find the similar content, I'm not good at spelling)
    4. Change adaptation from Not Active to Active and click Do it!



    Under some circumstances,
    in Mk7 you have to go to central electronic module -> adaptations and change the adaptation to LED lights, because the car is sending more resistance to the illumination bulbs as it thinks that they are halogen:
    09-Central Electronics -> Adaptation -> search "Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lasttyp 30" -> new value : 36LED

    Then you can find when you turn on/off your lights, the interior illuminaion goes on/off gruadually.
    (Maybe someone had posted before, but I cannot find any related info within the forum.)

    Enjoy!

    Fashionci
    Last edited by fashionci; 20-01-2022 at 10:38 PM.

  4. #1864
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,573
    Users Country Flag
    @fashionci: Many thanks for the post - I've added a link to your instructions to the reference thread ("Lights" sub category)

    Don
    Golf MkVII 103TSI (Highline) my13
    Polo 6R 77TSI (Comfortline with Comfort Pack) my14

  5. #1865
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Mel, QL
    Posts
    8
    Hi Don!

    Nice to see you!! VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

    Recently one of my friends had a problem with the fuel indicator on the instrument cluster:

    The indicators goes red too soon(still plenty of fuel in the trunk)

    Is there any method that I can 're-calibrate' the fuel indicator?

    Looooook forward for your reply, thanks!

    通过我的 M2012K11AC 上的 Tapatalk发言

  6. #1866
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    1,573
    Users Country Flag
    @fashionci: It really does depend on the version of module @hex17 and the tank sensor arrangement on the car .

    The traditional way of tank calibration on MQB platform cars (meaning moving the tank needle UP/DOWN) is via the adaptation channels with the parent name Offset for tank calibration values.

    Within this parent group there are 4 x Offset sensors (numbered 1 to 4). However, depending on how your car is equipped, the un-used sensors will have a factory value of 12.7L and the default value for used sensor(s) will be -12.8L. Note: this is an offset value; it's not an actual tank value.

    Curiously, for some unknown reason - VCDS creates an additional channel IDE02818-IDE02689-Offset for tank calibration values-Complete tank calibration which also has the default value -12.8L. This channel is missing in OBD11 - I have no idea why!!

    Anyhow - the process for moving the tank needle is like this:

    1. Go to the hex17 module which is called Dashboard in OBD11, or Instrument in VCDS
    2. Go to security access and enter the magic number 20103 if you have an early module, or enter 47115 if the later module is installed
    3. Go to adaptation, enter "tank" into search box and select Offset for tank calibration values
    4. Select the Offset sensor that has a value -12.8 (usually Offset sensor 1)
    5. Adjust as desired- like this:
      1. Adjustment range is -12.8 to +8.
      2. Reducing (more negative) value moves the needle down (each -1 moves needle about 3mm to the left).
      3. increasing (less negative) value moves the needle up (each +1 moves needle about 3mm to the right)


    If the car has more than one Tank sensor (like some Golf R models), repeat above for each active sensor, or try the VCDS channel for the "Complete tank calibration".

    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 24-02-2022 at 04:38 PM.
    Golf MkVII 103TSI (Highline) my13
    Polo 6R 77TSI (Comfortline with Comfort Pack) my14

  7. #1867
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Mel, QL
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    @fashionci: It really does depend on the version of module @hex17 and the tank sensor arrangement on the car .

    The traditional way of tank calibration on MQB platform cars (meaning moving the tank needle UP/DOWN) is via the adaptation channels with the parent name Offset for tank calibration values.

    Within this parent group there are 4 x Offset sensors (numbered 1 to 4). However, depending on how your car is equipped, the un-used sensors will have a factory value of 12.7L and the default value for used sensor(s) will be -12.8L. Note: this is an offset value; it's not an actual tank value.

    Curiously, for some unknown reason - VCDS creates an additional channel IDE02818-IDE02689-Offset for tank calibration values-Complete tank calibration which also has the default value -12.8L. This channel is missing in OBD11 - I have no idea why!!

    Anyhow - the process for moving the tank needle is like this:

    1. Go to the hex17 module which is called Dashboard in OBD11, or Instrument in VCDS
    2. Go to security access and enter the magic number 20103 if you have an early module, or enter 47115 if the later module is installed
    3. Go to adaptation, enter "tank" into search box and select Offset for tank calibration values
    4. Select the Offset sensor that has a value -12.8 (usually Offset sensor 1)
    5. Adjust as desired- like this:
      1. Adjustment range is -12.8 to +8.
      2. Reducing (more negative) value moves the needle down (each -1 moves needle about 3mm to the left).
      3. increasing (less negative) value moves the needle up (each +1 moves needle about 3mm to the right)


    If the car has more than one Tank sensor (like some Golf R models), repeat above for each active sensor, or try the VCDS channel for the "Complete tank calibration".

    Don
    Sorry for the late reply and
    Thanks for the helpful advice, Don!


    通过我的 M2012K11AC 上的 Tapatalk发言

  8. #1868
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    264
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by fashionci View Post
    Hi Don!

    Nice to see you again!!

    Want to share a simple VCDS tweak that makes the interior lights go on/off gradually:


    1. From the Select Control Module screen, choose 09-Central Electronics
    2. Choose Security Access-16, input 31347
    3. Find 116598 - interior lighting-KL58 Einschalten mit Rampe (Please find the similar content, I'm not good at spelling)
    4. Change adaptation from Not Active to Active and click Do it!



    Under some circumstances,
    in Mk7 you have to go to central electronic module -> adaptations and change the adaptation to LED lights, because the car is sending more resistance to the illumination bulbs as it thinks that they are halogen:
    09-Central Electronics -> Adaptation -> search "Leuchte30FR LC72 - Lasttyp 30" -> new value : 36LED

    Then you can find when you turn on/off your lights, the interior illuminaion goes on/off gruadually.
    (Maybe someone had posted before, but I cannot find any related info within the forum.)

    Enjoy!

    Fashionci
    Added that to my YouTube page a couple of years back 😉

Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |