Page 184 of 197 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1969

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Well results from todays drive are extremely inconclusive as my hazard button is in a position that is constantly in sunlight and therefore impossible to tell if its lit or not. So while the mod works its virtually useless on sunny days.

Havent figured out the handbrake message yet but the icon goes away when I start moving..
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Hope someone can help me with this? Does anyone know how to change this white (the one above temperature) line to blue?
    Where can I change this with VCDS?

White:

Blue:

Hope anyone can help, thanks!

Users Country Flag
    In ambient lighting or module 14 dashboard and use a different version as there are about 6 different versions

What vehicle is it because the above is for a Tiguan with digital dash

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    In ambient lighting or module 14 dashboard and use a different version as there are about 6 different versions

What vehicle is it because the above is for a Tiguan with digital dash
    This is a Golf MK7 GTE. Is it under Long coding?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    It ain't often that a tweak appears on forums that is so impossibly simple yet also so innovative in using an existing pre-set factory facility for another purpose! I found such a tweak this morning in another place (posted by Japan Zero Liberty) and I couldn't resist sharing it here.

I'm not sure about others, but in my many meanderings over Australia's vast roadways, I often use Adaptive-Cruise-Control. During those long periods in ACC mode, my undisciplined mind is often piqued by a curiosity regarding what the brake lights are doing as the ACC function modulates my car's speed in concert with the changing velocity of the forward vehicle. The tweak below answers this question - it works by illuminating the hazard warning LED on the dash whenever a CAN message (or foot-pedal press) is sent to light-up the brake lights!

For VCDS users:
    1. Go to the BCM (@ address hex09)
    2. Select Security Access - 16
    3. Enter the magic number 31347
    4. Select Adaptation - 10
    5. In the search box, enter "ENG141657" and select ENG141657-ENG116172-Leuchte 35 LED Warnblinktaster C48-Lichtfunktion G 15
    6. Change setting from not active to Brake lamp
    7. Select ENG141657-ENG116174-Leuchte 35 LED Warnblinktaster C48-Dimmwert GH 15
    8. Change setting from 0 to 100
    9. Exit VCDS - press the brake pedal; the LED inside the hazard warning light switch should illuminate

The same instruction-set will also work for OBDeleven users (of course, without the VCDS tag numbers - so search for "C48" instead)

Brilliant- IMO!!

Don
    PS: the Leuchte-set Leuchte 35 LED Warnblinktaster doesn't appear on early BCMs - alas
    I too lie awake at night wondering if my tail-lights come on with braking by the ACC. I tried to get "the dreaded" to run along behind to check but she refused. SO the burning question in DO THEY? For such an helpful person I can't believe you didn't say!
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by notaGolfR View Post
    I too lie awake at night wondering if my tail-lights come on with braking by the ACC. I tried to get "the dreaded" to run along behind to check but she refused. SO the burning question in DO THEY? For such an helpful person I can't believe you didn't say!
    Did that 3 weeks ago and it is virtually useless as where the button is in a Tiguan even when it does light up you cant see it if sunlight is on the dash.

Easiest way to find out is get someone to follow you and get in the correct situation and look to see what happens.

The tweak wont work on 2017 models and is included in my list of things you can do here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XT_...ew?usp=sharing

And yes they DO LIGHT UP under heavy braking so you can get more sleep

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by notaGolfR View Post
    As I said, it's not my tweak- so I have no particular loyalty to it. Nevertheless and unlike my esteemed colleague, I'm not so disparaging about the tweak.

There may well be instances on a bright sunny day when glare makes it difficult to see the red LED, but I would hardly characterize this as making the tweak "virtually useless". Clearly my success criteria is different (or perhaps it's simply a matter of having a different retinal response to red light on a sunny day)!! Anyhow, this is a classic example of two individuals looking at the same thing and where one is ambivalent about the information on view, the other sees volumes!!

I reckon that the tweak does a perfectly acceptable job -albeit I would recommend that those who think otherwise should revert their settings back to original immediately (if not sooner!!)

On a more serious note - having had the facility operational for a few weeks now, the on/off dynamic is most intriguing. Before this tweak, I was convinced that the central element that causes the brake light to turn-on was the right/left side Leuchte-sets in the BCM/central electrics module (depending on your preferred diagnostic device)

However, I'm now of the view that on MQB platform cars there are in fact 2 x separate routes to illuminating the Brake light. I've still to do further tests, but it appears that the brake light function is directly tied to the ECU (@ address hex01) in a way that by-passes the Leuchte-set entirely. So, regardless of how the leuchte-set is programmed, pressing the brake pedal turns-on the lamp. I suspect that this even happens if the Leuchte-set is disabled entirely. My initial suspicion is that this direct-route is a safety feature.

The second brake-light route appears to come separately from the "assist" modules like ACC. It seems that these brake signals are generated and transmitted as CAN messages and it is these signals that use the Leuchte-sets.

More work to do on these intriguing findings - which were made possible using a "virtually useless" tweak!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 12-04-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    The tweak wont work on 2017 models and is included in my list of things you can do here
    I assume that you meant "is NOT included in my list........" - what's the point of adding the tweak to a list for a car where the tweak doesn't work?

Also, on the slim chance that you might wish to accommodate the views of others who may be reading your document and have a different view, the correct Leuchte-channels on other late model MQB platform cars are:
    • ENG124872-ENG115203-Leuchte11WARNBLK TASTERC54-Light_Function_G_11 > brake lamp
    • ENG124872-ENG115205-Leuchte11WARNBLK TASTERC54-Dimming_GH_11>100

Not sure if your Tiggy has these same channels

And yes they DO LIGHT UP under heavy braking so you can get more sleep
    I don't understand - what do you mean by "heavy breaking"? Wasn't anything "heavy" about my braking when the LED lit-up on my car!

The way that this tweak works is not proportional to brake pressure; breaking harder doesn't make the LED illuminate brighter; it's simply a case of LED OFF/ON - nothing more!!

Just sit in the car in your garage (where sun glare is not a problem) and lightly press the brake pedal - it's easy to confirm that only normal pressure is needed to light-up the LED. In fact you will find that the brake pressure required to illuminate the LED is EXACTLY the same pressure that's needed to light-up the brake lights (not more pressure and not less pressure). It MUST be the same because it's the same brake signal that is used to light-up both the LED and the Brake lights!!
    Last edited by DV52; 12-04-2021 at 05:37 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    I assume that you meant "is NOT included in my list........" - what's the point of adding the tweak to a list for a car where the tweak doesn't work?

Also, on the slim chance that you might wish to accommodate the views of others who may be reading your document and have a different view, the correct Leuchte-channels on other late model MQB platform cars are:
    • ENG124872-ENG115203-Leuchte11WARNBLK TASTERC54-Light_Function_G_11 > brake lamp
    • ENG124872-ENG115205-Leuchte11WARNBLK TASTERC54-Dimming_GH_11>100

Not sure if your Tiggy has these same channels

I don't understand - what do you mean by "heavy breaking"? Wasn't anything "heavy" about my braking when the LED lit-up on my car!

The way that this tweak works is not proportional to brake pressure; breaking harder doesn't make the LED illuminate brighter; it's simply a case of LED OFF/ON - nothing more!!

Just sit in the car in your garage (where sun glare is not a problem) and lightly press the brake pedal - it's easy to confirm that only normal pressure is needed to light-up the LED. In fact you will find that the brake pressure required to illuminate the LED is EXACTLY the same pressure that's needed to light-up the brake lights (not more pressure and not less pressure). It MUST be the same because it's the same brake signal that is used to light-up both the LED and the Brake lights!!
    Oh dear Misconstruing what i meant I didnt mean the tweak is useless in itself but that in my model of car the light is placed so that in daylight and especially wearing sunglasses its not bright enough to overcome the ambient light. It serves its purpose and may well be more visible in other models.the placing of it is also right at the edge of ones peripheral vision.

The heavy braking WITHOUT the tweak, they only come on when you brake more firmly and if just gently slowing the brake lights on mine dont come on.. Well they didnt when we tried it by having someone follow me and tell me what happened

My car has BRAKING and so far isnt breaking anything

The tweak is no 31 in the list and no need to be so sarcy about things

Anyway once you know the lights come on why worry. If you are in a sudden situation you will have more to do than check if your brake lights are working and having confirmed once they do Whats the point.????

Is like the one for making the start button light pulse and the aircon fan speed when on full Just more distractions that dont do anything worth while
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 12-04-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Users Country Flag

Is like the one for making the start button light pulse and the aircon fan speed when on full Just more distractions that dont do anything worth while - in my opinion
    I fixed that for you !!

Page 184 of 197 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast