Page 137 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1969

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rainesh View Post
    I understand the dissappoint here...however TJA is not something you can code. You need special hardware / software for it and it takes around a hour to activate it including testing.

It is a complicated process that not everybody could do. It took a lot of time and testing to get this working. If it was simple coding, i would posted it on the forum, with a howto.

Rainesh: I'm not at all disappointed at not being able to use a normal diagnostic tool to implement this tweak (I don't have the modules that are needed, or the camera). My concern/confusion was about the nature of the approach that was used to sell the product/service. As I have said, being a VWWatercooled sponsor and contributing to the costs of this facility is something to be proud-of. You have my deep respect for your decision to support us "normal" users (and all the way from NL too)

You just need to be more open about selling this service - advertising your fee-for-service discovery on VWW (yes, with IP) is your right as one of our valued sponsors

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 08-11-2017 at 01:30 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    That's fair enough but not at anytime has it been said it's a pay service, it led me to believe that it was completed and you just needed VCP, nowhere it was written that anyone would be charging to get this enabled,
    but doesn't bother me as I already have it
    Anyone is free to purchase VCP which gives them access to their user-only forum.
    They will then be able to download the encrypted MCU datasets which they have been able to create thanks to the work of people like Rainesh and apply them to the requisite modules.

VW have changed the way things work from a simple matter of coding or adapting a module to change it's behaviour, to requiring parameter sets to be written to the module's MCU.
    And that's not touching on FEC and SWaP which is in itself a whole other ballgame requiring access to VW's online servers...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, no problem, but why not announce that you want to be paid for your time and not post in a VCDS/OBDEleven thread on a forum that it can be done? As I said it was a bit cloak and daggerish

Users Country Flag
    This was done for the first time in Aus late last night with the help of Rainesh.
    We all have lives and families. Will do a formal post in the appropriate section when I have time.
    Last edited by kamold; 08-11-2017 at 07:49 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    It could've been announced with something like
    TJA can be enabled BUT there are certain requirements
    ACC and ALG must be on the vehicle
    front assist hardware MUST be a H hardware ending in 674
    if not coming to me (because your in another country) then VCP and teamviewer is needed
    and finally because af the hours of time and effort put into developing this there WILL be a charge (but we are still testing it so please be patient)

Now that would've been a better announcement IMO

Users Country Flag
    For the software geeks I have a request to get the GPS or camera detected speed limit which displays in the infotainment navigation screen to display in the active display navigation screen. Would be a nice addition particularly in the R
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Quote Originally Posted by rosslm View Post
    For the software geeks I have a request to get the GPS or camera detected speed limit which displays in the infotainment navigation screen to display in the active display navigation screen. Would be a nice addition particularly in the R
    You mean traffic sign recognition? Do you have Lane Assist? Then it is possible

I have speed limit display in my navigation screen. Standard Mk7 R, no camera.
    I think the speed limit detail might be coming from the maps database ?
    Yes, it seems accurate and reliable, and very useful.
    Current : 2017 Mk7 Golf R (most options) || 2012 Golf Mk6 TDi (few options)
    Gone : 2004 Bora V6 4Motion (few klms, all options)

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainesh View Post
    You mean traffic sign recognition? Do you have Lane Assist? Then it is possible
    I went to code it on the weekend using OBDeleven on the 7.5 but I couldn't find "channel (63) vehicle function list BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21" in Control Unit 5f. Has that changed between the 7 and 7.5 Golf?
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    I went to code it on the weekend using OBDeleven on the 7.5 but I couldn't find "channel (63) vehicle function list BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21" in Control Unit 5f. Has that changed between the 7 and 7.5 Golf?
    Rooboy: What's the value of the code-string on your hex5F module - in particular Byte 24, Bit 6?. The software switch to enable Traffic Sign Display (which VW calls VZA) is on this Byte/Bit. Here's the OBD11 screen:

Note: the screen-shot is from a mk7, not mk7.5

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 13-11-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 137 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187 ... LastLast